“Wonderful dining experience”

Port-na-Craig Inn
Ranked #25 of 66 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Having read excellent reviews, I was delighted that Port-na-Craig did not disappoint when I tried it out for an evening meal with friends. Not only were the dishes locally produced and exquisite, but the service was wonderful; the waiting team were polite, friendly and not overly intrusive (which I have sometimes found in other top-end restaurants). The decor is beautifully finished, with a modern yet relaxed atmosphere, therefore suitable for all age groups and occasions. I am thoroughly looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PWilson132

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 25 February 2014

my fiancé and I have had the most wonderful weekend staying at the Port Na Craig Inn. We were welcomed by very friendly staff and made to feel so at home. The views are epic; the river rushing by outside past the backdrop of a forest, genuinely like a scene from a film. Our room was not only comfortable and clean but had gorgeous interior and a personal touch, anything that we asked for was given with pleasure and ease. We felt very pleased with how attentive and warm the staff were, and to top it all off, the food was exquisite. I can wholeheartedly say that it was the best weekend away we have ever had.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chloe k
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here for a weekend to recharge our batteries after a hectic month and couldnt have chosen better, from the initial welcome to the final farewell we were made to feel part of the family and ate amazing food both for breakfast and dinner. We had good banter with Angela and the team and will definitely be back soon

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My fiancee and I had a wonderful hogmany break at Port-na-Craig, we were made very welcome, the food was impressive (especially the porridge at breakfast) but above all our room was lovely. It was the best room we have ever stayed in, from the great decor to the sleigh bed to everything, it was stupendous. We loved staying very much and look forward to visiting again. Well done, we were impressed and we loved the little wee dog as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Derek W
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Like others, I'm not sure I want to give this place a good review, because there are only 3 rooms, and I don't want it to be full next time I go there !

My partner and I have just returned from a weekend break in Pitlochry. We stayed at the Port Na Craig, and visited the Festival Theatre.

We stayed in the family room, a large, warm, and very comfortable room with en-suite.

We ate in the restaurant on both nights, and in each case the food was excellent. Service was friendly and informal.

Breakfasts were fantastic. Wifi in the bar, and in the guest rooms..

Really can't say anything bad about this place.

Thanks Angela & Declan.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ForresGeek
Scotland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We recently had the pleasure of a one night stay with dinner in the Inn. Extremely comfortable and well appointed bedroom with lovely river view. Our dinner was excellent as was our amazing breakfast next morning, in fact It was so good we had no need to break our journey for lunch! The Inn is very tastefully decorated and has a pleasant welcoming atmosphere. We are delighted to have found this wee gem and will definitely stay here the next time we are in Pitlochry

Room Tip: Small inn, all the rooms are great
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ayeaway
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed in the Port-na-Craig Inn over the weekend and can't speak highly enough of my experience there. The family-run restaurant and Inn exudes a warm and welcoming ambiance, whilst maintaining its sense of luxury, owed to the picturesque setting and incredibly high standard of food and service.

Room Tip: Room with the log fire and jacuzzi is best
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo