“Great weekend break”

Scotland's Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I spent a night here with my wife as part of the groupon deal others have mentioned.
We thought it was a great deal. Can't remember how much it cost, but included dinner, bed and breakfast and a bottle of wine. Meal was actually pretty good, and breakfast was great. Rooms reasonable for a four star hotel - my (generally fussy, harvey nics frequenting) wife even took the toiletries home because she thought they were very good. Waiting staff were really friendly despite being very busy (as many people were here on groupon deal). One (can't remember his name, but is a former Edinburgh taxi driver), was especially charming. Swimming pool reasonable size (so actually able to swim) and, obviously, area great for walking. Makes me wonder- what more do people want?

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us and glad you enjoyed your break with us the waiter you commented on is Kenny and will pass your kind comments onto him. Yes I agree their is some wonderful walks all around this area and ample fishing also. Thank you again for your lovely comments and we hope you'll be visiting again soon Kenny said make sure you bring the Edinburgh brown sauce.

Reviewed 7 May 2011

Nice hotel we were there through the groupon voucher dinner included -was very pleasant-breakfast was excellent .The same waiter was very friendly and polite-unlike the receptionist-as this is your first impression when you go in she can put you off a bit- not at all friendly-the leisure facilities a very poor- the pool stone cold the changing rooms cold and we were charged money for a towel...

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and posting and review on my tripadvisor my apologies on receiving a unfriendly welcome this should not have happened, thankfully my waiting staff showed you what were all about glad you enjoyed your meals will pass onto my chefs. The leisure club you would have been told on arrival that you can hire towels or just use your bedroom towels thats just our normal as for the cold tiles not sure about that I do know that the leisure club for heat sits ata about 29-31 and is very warm will check the changing rooms and make sure that the heating is on at a moderate heat. Thank you for taking the time a reviewing your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Stayed with my partner and young daughter for 2 nights and we had a given a family room which was great as my daughter is 3 and it gave us all plenty of room . Found the hotel room very clean ans spacious with beautiful views over the hills . We all loved the swimming pool with was always very quiet . We had an evening meal both nights in the restaurant and found it very relaxed and very prompt service which for us with a spirited youngster was great and she ate most of the meal we got her from the kids meal .Of course its not one the fanciest hotels i have stayed in and the corridors are a bit bleak but all in all we had a wonderful stay and will come back and hopefully get a family room again .

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jennie48

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us and thank you for all your kind comments I do appreciate this and glad you had such an enjoyable break with us and my staff looked after you so well.Good to see you took advantage of our leisure facilities and thank you again for taking the time to review your stay and we hope you'll return soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Like others we also came to stay here on the Groupon Dinner, Bed & Breakfast deal. Receptionist pleasant on arrival and although room was small it was clean and comfortable. It was the lack of organisation and quality of evening meal which let it down - badly. And we didnt have high expectations due to booking through a deal.

We booked a table for dinner and after waiting for a few minutes without any acknowledgement were told to go and sit in the lounge as our table wasnt ready. Not a problem, we were in no hurry and we would have a drink while waiting. However no staff at the bar or reception. In the end my Husband had to go to the public bar and ask for assistance there.

When eventually asked through to the dining area (half an hour after our table was booked) the menu was basic but acceptable - unfortunately the food wasnt. Lukewarm soup, watery mashed potatoes and hard pudding. We have had better school dinners!! On top of this we had to ask for our wine when we were served our main course! Staff were pleasant just no structure to what they were doing at all.

Thankfully a good sleep and a good breakfast. Glad we didnt pay full price and agree that this hotel could have potential. In the meantime we wouldnt stay again.

1  Thank Edders08

Thank you for taking the time and posting your review,please accept my apologies for the experience you encountered during your recent stay. Not sure when you stayed with us as we haven't had to ask people to wait in the lounge for a couple of weeks now while we reset tables With regards to the quality of food and service, this is disappointing to hear but we are aware that training is required. I will speak with my head chef to resolve the food quality issues, and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. Thank you for reviewing your recent stay, this is an invaluable tool to allow us to improve

Reviewed 3 May 2011

The room was absolutely tiny and cramped (131) I could almost touch all 4 walls at once. The batthroom had a few loose fittings although the shower was powerfull and hot !! Used the leisure facilities in the evenings after our long walks and didn't have any issues. The breakfast was OK (The only meals we had in the hotel) I was glad however that it was inclusive as £15.95 seemed a tad expensive as there wasn't a great choice. however on the 2nd day there appeared to be an crawling insect issue with was a bit disconcerting. The hotel is looking a little tired and needs some TLC and investment. I only hope that the hotel chain has not spoilt one of my all time favorite hotels in Nairn, when I go to visit next month.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review regarding your stay with us sorry you had such a small room we do have larger rooms we also have excecutive rooms and suites if you want to pay that wee bit extra. We did have a problem with ants and i'm glad to say this has been dealt with completely and my problem has gone away. I was surprised by your comment about our breakfast menu as we offer a great full Scottish breakfast we have smk salmon, eggs benedict, french toast and a very extensive buffet selection with cereals juices and fruits. If anything the Golf View has got better Murray has been taking good care of it. Thank you for your comments they are appreciated.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Booked a room overnight in this hotel for a present, for my parent’s 30th anniversary. After reading some of the more recent reviews I was a bit apprehensive, with undue cause.

My parents had a fantastic time while they were there. They stayed in one of the hotels executive rooms and they were very impressed with the facilities provided.
As for recent criticisms regarding the food they thoroughly enjoyed both their evening meal and the breakfast.
Other comments they made were the place was very clean and the staff were all very polite and that they would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: May 2011

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your parents stay with us, thanks very much for such nice positive feedback and I,m glad your parents enjoyed their 30th wedding anniversary with us and we hope they will return soon. Thank you for taking the time and posting your review good to read were getting better and hope you will all return again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

I have just returned from a very pleasant stay at Scotland's Hotel. The hotel is handy for all Pitlochry has to offer and is situated just off the main street. The reception and restaurant staff were all very welcoming and friendly. The food was lovely. As we were on the groupon deal we also had a bottle of wine included with our meal (a choice of red or white house wine) which we both enjoyed. The rooms were comfortable and clean and we also had a flat screen TV in our room. We had a walk in shower in the bathroom with soap, shampoo etc supplied. We visited the leisure centre which was lovely, we went on a Tuesday and we were the only people in it, the facilities are superb, the pool had stairs sloping down into the pool, making it easy to enter. I think some of the reviews that i have read have been quite unfair, admittedly some of the walls could do with a coat of paint, but i think in days gone by, this would have been a very grand hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us and I'm glad you enjoyed your Groupon break with us we have made great inroads in all areas since starting here and i thank you for your kind comments they are appreciated. The hotel in general is in good condition but does require a re-paint which we hope to do something about in the very near future. Thank you again as i said your feedback is appreciated, come back and visit us again.