“excellent staff”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“excellent staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

Stayed at this Hotel also as part of Groupon deal - nearly cancelled when we read some of the previous reviews but so glad we didnt. We had an excellent stay, staff went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful, especially reception. Dinner and breakfast were very good and our room was spacious and bright..

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 May 2011
Thank you for posting your review on my tripadvisor page and thanks for all your kind comments they are appreciated and were all glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass on your kind comments to my staff.

Donald Macleod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Errol, Tayside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

If asked to describe this hotel I would agree with other reviews it could do with a some modernisation but it's clean, comfortable and welcoming. The staff are a major asset, very friendly, efficient and made us feel at home.

Checked in with my mum for an overnight stay as part of a groupon deal. Was first allocated a double room but asked for it to be changed to a twin which was swiftly done with a smile. Original room 302 was rather small with no view but new room 212 was airy and spacious.
Lesuire facilities are good and adequate sized pool for a swim and temperature was pleasant
dinner was very good, rose wine-was very agreeable, breakfast was excellent
couldn't complain would recommend to others

Room Tip: avoid room 302
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ger_Fair
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us and glad my receptionist dealt with your request so swiftly and that you enjoyed your one night break with us. Thank you for all your kind comments I will certainly pass them onto my staff and thank you again for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

The room was very small and more like a B&B room. Musty smell throughout.
The facilities were very small and only one beauty therapist which meant we were unable to get an appointment.
Food was definately not worth the price they asked. Lumpy mash potato and fish overcooked - no excuse for it when only 4 other tables eating. My cooked breakfast was definately not that! My poached egg was jelly like, the black pudding and haggis was not cooked through. My friends cinnamon french toast was deep fried and saturated in oil. Totally put us off eating that morning.

Room Tip: Not what I would class as a spa
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, it is disappointing to hear that you did not find everything to your satisfaction. I, together with my head chef, take on board your comments with regards to food and improvements will be made. In reference to the treatments I'm sorry if she was fully booked this does need to be booked in advance as for this not being a Spa it is what it is and its a work in place and improvements are being made daily. I can only apologise for the problems you encountered. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

Service was really great.

Room was not up to my expectations for an Executive Room.

Location and amenities are really good.

Best point was the service from all staff members.

Worst point was the limited access for my mobility scooter.

Room Tip: Side or front view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us my apologies that our executive room wasn't to your satisfaction. Glad you enjoyed our service for breakfast and dinner, these scooters are large not even sure if it fitted in outr lift most of the gorund floor is all 1 level and we do have access ramps on 3 of our 4 entrance doors. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

I spent a night here with my wife as part of the groupon deal others have mentioned.
We thought it was a great deal. Can't remember how much it cost, but included dinner, bed and breakfast and a bottle of wine. Meal was actually pretty good, and breakfast was great. Rooms reasonable for a four star hotel - my (generally fussy, harvey nics frequenting) wife even took the toiletries home because she thought they were very good. Waiting staff were really friendly despite being very busy (as many people were here on groupon deal). One (can't remember his name, but is a former Edinburgh taxi driver), was especially charming. Swimming pool reasonable size (so actually able to swim) and, obviously, area great for walking. Makes me wonder- what more do people want?

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us and glad you enjoyed your break with us the waiter you commented on is Kenny and will pass your kind comments onto him. Yes I agree their is some wonderful walks all around this area and ample fishing also. Thank you again for your lovely comments and we hope you'll be visiting again soon Kenny said make sure you bring the Edinburgh brown sauce.

Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

Nice hotel we were there through the groupon voucher dinner included -was very pleasant-breakfast was excellent .The same waiter was very friendly and polite-unlike the receptionist-as this is your first impression when you go in she can put you off a bit- not at all friendly-the leisure facilities a very poor- the pool stone cold the changing rooms cold and we were charged money for a towel...

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and posting and review on my tripadvisor my apologies on receiving a unfriendly welcome this should not have happened, thankfully my waiting staff showed you what were all about glad you enjoyed your meals will pass onto my chefs. The leisure club you would have been told on arrival that you can hire towels or just use your bedroom towels thats just our normal as for the cold tiles not sure about that I do know that the leisure club for heat sits ata about 29-31 and is very warm will check the changing rooms and make sure that the heating is on at a moderate heat. Thank you for taking the time a reviewing your stay.

Kind regards
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

Stayed with my partner and young daughter for 2 nights and we had a given a family room which was great as my daughter is 3 and it gave us all plenty of room . Found the hotel room very clean ans spacious with beautiful views over the hills . We all loved the swimming pool with was always very quiet . We had an evening meal both nights in the restaurant and found it very relaxed and very prompt service which for us with a spirited youngster was great and she ate most of the meal we got her from the kids meal .Of course its not one the fanciest hotels i have stayed in and the corridors are a bit bleak but all in all we had a wonderful stay and will come back and hopefully get a family room again .

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jennie48
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us and thank you for all your kind comments I do appreciate this and glad you had such an enjoyable break with us and my staff looked after you so well.Good to see you took advantage of our leisure facilities and thank you again for taking the time to review your stay and we hope you'll return soon.