Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club
Birchwood(Pitlochry)
Dundarach Hotel(Pitlochry)
Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
1,700 results
All reviewscrerar hotelspa treatmentstaster menusauna and steam roomleisure centrefamily rooma bit tiredboth nightsrestaurant staffnight breakbed and breakfastfood was lovelyshort breakmy mumboth morningsgreat weekendthe main street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This was booked as a SPA weekend but it was so much more. Great food , room nice and the area is spectacular.
The hotel SPA was clean and the pool nice the girl who did the treatments was very good and i felt very relaxed after my massage.
Good value for money and the village has a lot to offer I will go back again and recomend it to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your Spa break with us and you enjoyed our little village. Spa breaks are in the in thing just now getting very busy very popular with all parties old and young, so hope we'll see you here again soon book for a couple of nights keeps Savannah out of mischief.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed from Wednesday 30 August to Friday 2 September. The room was okay, not brilliant. The bed was really hard and uncomfortable, we moved into a family room for the second night a lot better sleep.
The food was okay, mass produced (there was a few one night bus loads of visitors). The staff were exceptional, very helpful and always smiling.
The Spa treatments were brilliant, Elemis products, facial and massage (which includes a body brush and head massage).
We used the swimming pool twice and this was okay but needing a bit tlc, simple things like door to outside needs painted, the pool has a mark around the top of the water, looked unclean. The jacuzzi was not working (for three weeks). Steam room and sauna room were clean and adequate. Again staff very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with bed, i would recommend speaking to reception who, if another room available will change you.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and thank you for the comments about my staff they are a great bunch, we are due a re-paint soon but unsure of dates as yet as we do have a rolling maintenance programme it is on the list, i do agree and hopefully over the winter we'll catch up with the small things that need attentio. Thank you again for your comments all noted.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in August.
Welcome at reception was all right, staff was friendly and helpful.
The hotel is done up in a nice, cosy, classic style, with a lot of wood, tapestries and comfy sofa's in bar and lounge.
My parents' room was amazing, more like a suite than a room. When you entered their room, they first had a small hallway with two doors leading off it, one into the (rather large) bathroom, the other into the bedroom. They had a sofa (albeit a little old and saggy) and comfortable chair in addition to a sleigh bed.
My room was a single, and it really was. There was just enough space to squeeze a single bed and a small desk in, and there was a rather small bathroom. I don't mind a smaller room (it's quite logical that a single would be smaller than a double), but this difference was quite big. But maybe it was more noticeable because of the size of my parents' room. My room was all right for a short stay. The bed and pillows were a little hard, and there were some cosmetic things that could do with a little updating, like the lock on my door, the handle to flush my toilet and the sofa in room 201.

Dinner had to be booked in advance, but we are quite impulsive when it comes to dinner. We don't know at check in if we'll eat in the hotel or find a nice pub or restaurant in town. When we went to inform at 6pm though, there was only availability at that time, the next sittings would all be fully booked because of big groups arriving. But we weren't hungry then, so we decided to head into town a little later. We found a nice little cafe, Café Biba, and ended up eating there all three nights.

Breakfast in the morning was all right, there was a buffet with cereals, fruit, yoghurts, croissants and juice. Cooked breakfast, coffee, tea and toast could be ordered from the menu.

The bar had a cosy feel to it, but there was hardly ever anyone sitting there, which made it less inviting. The barman was always running around, leaving the bar, coming back, leaving again, probably to do some other things that were needed, but it didn't feel very welcoming.

There is free wifi in all the rooms.

Pitlochry is a nice little town, and this hotel is right off the high street. Everything in town is in walking distance.

The hotel has a rather large (free) parking space next to it, and it also has a swimming pool and a spa indoors. I didn't use them.

Room Tip: Room 201 is one of the suites, the room my parents had.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us , my apologies for not responding as seemed to have missed this one, glad you enjoyed your stay with us and have since repaired all room 201 little problems, Thanks again for your review

Reagrds

Reviewed 3 September 2011

We were here for a groupoon deal which was a good deal. the room was not in the main building which was fine, we had a lovely big room and beautifully decorated, good facilities and clean. However the access to the building is a bit akward as it is a little steep and gravelled. I hed heels on to go for dinner and without my boyfriend to hold me up I would have struggled to get out of the driveway! not a big issue though.
The bar is lovely and the restuarant was nice to sit in. However the food seemed really low quality and seemed like it had been plated up a long time and reheated. This was a shame, and I think we would have preferred to spend a little more and had a better meal.
Breakfast was good but the person serving us didnt seem to understand what we were saying and consequently I didn't receive the food I ordered.
All in all I would go back but not eat there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us. We stopped doing the Groupon deal at the end of June but since them i would say we have moved on with our food we won't please everyone all the time but will certainly try very hard. Since June we have had a more settled staff whom work very well together, but don't take my word come back and try us again :). Thank you again for your comments

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Will go back no fears being a female travelling on my own

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for your review, my apologies that i missed this review before, thank you for all your lovely comments and glad you had such a great stay with us. Thanks again for your review

Regards