Just returned from a 2 night weekend Christmas Party Night break at Scotland's Hotel and Leisure Club in Pitlochry. The village and surrounding area really is beautiful especially at this time of the year with snow etc, pity the same cannot be said of the Scotland's hotel. The hotel was pretty much deserted on the Friday evening, and altough the room we had was comfortable, they probably could have put us in a superior room without any hassle to anyone.
The inclusive dinner menu was pretty restricted and nothing spectacular on offer, you could have had a steak but this was an excessive £17 supplement on top of the inclusive deal we were on. There was also no draught lager available and only bottled beer, throughout the hotel, very disappointing. This continued onto the Saturday as well so no effort was made to resolve the issue which was supposed to cater for a party night.but more of that later.
We both had chicken terrine which was bland to say the least. My wife opted for a trio of chocolate dessert which was so frozen solid she couldn't even break it open. Being the sole people left in the hotel, we promptly finished our dinner and left for a local pub up the road.
Cooked breakfast in the morning was ok, nothing spectacular and have had much better.
Now onto Saturday evening....we tried out the small lesiure facilities which were ok but the spa pool is fit for 4 average-sized people at a push, 2-3 people in the smallest sauna I've ever seen, and 4 seats in the steam "room". Pool is small but adequate. If more people had been around then we would have really struggled to chill out and relax.
Now the piece de la resistance.....the so-called Christmas Party night. There was us and a party of about 20 firefighters and their partners. They had their dinner and then left as there was no-one else actually attending the party. We finished our dinner and did likewise! I paid an extra £7 for 3 scallops, we had an average traditional turkey dinner and then my wife had half a melon filled with frozen solid sorbet and berries which she was told she had to scoop the melon out but she didn't have a trowel handy.
We left and thankfully found a wee pub in the village that had a good dj and good music so that salvage some of the Xmas spirit.
There are quite a number of really nice-looking hotels in Pitlochry - we just picked the wrong one and won't be back. We also wouldn't have bothered going if the hotel had told us that their party night only had a booking of 1 block booking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry