“disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
edinburgh
“disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

booked one night bed and breakfast with the intentions of enjoying relaxing in the pool and jacuzzi.however on arrival found this to be out of action.room was modern and clean however the double bed mattress was long overdue to be replaced.,didnt get much sleep.found part of this hotel badly in need of an overhall.staff friendly and busy.unfortunately would neither recommend this hotel or return to it either.not your usual cregar quality hotel

Room Tip: no comment
1 Thank Colette H
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, my apologies that my Jacuzzi was out of order during your visit it has since been repaired took a lot longer than i expected. We have ordered new mattresses and again my apologies that you never got a good nights sleep. Thank you again for your review

Donald Macleod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

If you are looking for five star luxury (and no doubt prices to match), or over the top hospitality and 24/7 service then don't stop here. But thats not what it says on the tin. In fact, you probably get a little more than the label suggests complete with friendly staff.

This is a good hotel which delivers what it says it will with a smile. The accommodation is comfortable and clean, the staff are helpful and attentive, the food is good and served with a friendly and helpful smile.

Ask for anything over and above the standard and they are there to help. In fact, I would even say that the staff will go that little bit extra if you ask them to. They are happy to talk to you if you want to and honest and helpful. They advertise their ratings on trip Advisor and encourage you to leave comments which is always a good thing.

Add to that the fantastic Scottish surroundings and historic views from the outward facing rooms and you should be happy with what you get, which is definitely good value for money.

Check out their website before you go for the best deals and try the small lift at the end of the hall where the building moves down rather than the lift moving up - great fun!

Room Tip: Ask for an outward facing view with a shower only rather than a bath as the fixed shower heads are n...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time and posting such a fantastic review. Glad you had such a wonderful time during your break with us, the staff here are a real asset as it makes for such a great atmosphere in the hotel also helps that their all chatty and know the local area.Will certainly pass all your kind comments onto all my staff nice to be appreciated and thank you again for such a lovely review.

Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Just returned after a 2 night deal with Groupon Room and meals good Disappointed that jacuzzi not working to be told would be fixed by next day. Having now read previous reviews to see jacuzzi has been out of action for SOMETIME !! Either get it working soon or state in information put on web site. Had looked forward to relaxing at end of day Decor dated but clean. Staff friendly and efficient. Break made perfect by great weather and brilliant scenery.

2 Thank 714traveller
Thank you for taking the time and posting a review of your recent stay with us at Scotland's. You'll be glad to know the long term broken Jacuzzi has now been repaired my apologies it took so long being its such an old machine we had to explore all options to find the problem.Thanks again for your review

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our Groupon 1 night dinner b&b stay including a bottle of wine. At £59 for the 2 of us, this was very good value. Everything was good, making the booking, room, dinner and breakfast. Staff were friendly and busy. Hotel was clean and functioned satisfactorily although a thorough refurbishment is needed. Central Pitlochry location.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us, thank you for all your lovely comments about the staff and food. The hotel does havea rolling maintenace program and with such a large old building this does take time. Thanks again for your review

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed at Scotland's hotel last weekend (16th - 18th March). Our overall stay was lovely, the staff were very friendly the accomodation was very good and the food was good, not fancy but cooked well. We were lucky enough to be given a beautiful room (no. 401) in the old bank building (which is part of the hotel but not connected). We liked the room, although it meant having to go outside to get to the main hotel facilities, it did allow us our own front door (shared only with 1 other room) and took away a lot of the corridor traffic noises you expect in a hotel of this size, plus the journey is less than 30 seconds to the main hotel building. The room had lovely high ceillings, was decorated to a high standard and was very spacious. Along side the massive bed (we couldn't decide if it was a king or a superking) there was a sofa which converted into a bed, a large comfy armchair, large dressing table and plenty of drawers and hanging space. The bathroom was lovely and very clean too.

We used the leisure facilities which were good and just about the right size, busy, but it was the weekend and the hotel appeared to be pretty full so this was to be expected. There is a massage chair but I was unsure how it worked, there was no information on it or near by and I asked a staff member who had no idea how to switch it on.

I had a facial and the therapist (Anya) was very lovely and thorough. It was a very pleasent experience however, there is nowhere to go after the treatment. Most spa's have a relaxation room for spa guests where you can have a cold drink and read/relax but this hotel doesn't have one. After my treatment I was left alone with no instruction and it appeared the only choice I had was to sit in the tiny spa reception area or go back into the main pool area which, when full, is rather noisey and although there are a few seats dotted round it's not a good place to sit as you get in peoples/ childrens way as they try to walk around the pool.

I have one negative point about the hotel - although it's good that they allow animals on the premises, they should ensure extra cleaning is carried out in rooms which have had animals in them and guests should be informed that animals have been present in the room they're about to enter. I have animal allegies and after about 30mins in the room I couldn't stop sneezing, I couldn't work out why until I sat on the couch and my gaze came to the carpet where there was a large amount of dog hair, I'd say a large dog had been in the room prior to us. I'm not sure if housekeeping just missed it or if maybe they need stronger vacum's which deal better with animal hair. I always have tablets with me so I just took them throughout the wekend instead of causing a fuss but I know many people with allergies so severe that this could have been very dangerous to them. I know I could have complained but, I had my tablets and we were there for a hassle free chilled out weekend so I didn't want the stress or fuss.

Room Tip: Ask for the bank house
1 Thank Crawford1980
Thank you very much for such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. Glad you enjoyed room 401 it is a very spacious room, my aplogies about the dog hair still left on the carpet will check with my housekeeper regarding the hoovers as usually after a room with a dog staying in gets an extra cleaning as to make sure its ready for the next guests.

Thank you for your lovely comments about the spa treatments will look into the relaxing area as I know what you mean you need to chill down before moving on.

Thank you again for such a lovely review and hope you'll return again soon

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I took my wife away for a few days as a birthday gift.

I had heard very positive reports of Scotland's hotel and was looking forward to the stay.

Unfortunately, we were placed in the annexe which is an old Bank of Scotland building which is separate from the main hotel.

We were lucky in the weather was very good, but had it been raining, you would have had to take an umbrella with you to meals.

Also, if you're in the annexe, it appears you have to go through the dining room to the leisure facilities.

The food was excellent and the staff very friendly.

I would recommend the hotel, but ask for a room in the main hotel building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us, sorry you didn't enjoy our Bank House as its such a lovely old building, you can also access the leisure club by just going along the 1st floor corridor next to the restaurant.Glad you enjoyed your meals with us and hope you'll return again soon. Thanks again for your review

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I booked 2 nights at the hotel through groupon. Arrived on the monday afternoon to a lovely room however there were dirty used towels in the bath.
The milk for tea and coffee curdled as soon as it was poured.
The dinner was included as part of the deal however it was so bad we decided to go to a resturant else where in the town the following evening and we passed on the breakfast on the 2nd morning (once was enough). The waitress had a stinking attitude and served our starter before offering drinks. My partners plate was filthy with dried crusty food stuck to the underside. I then noticed a table in the centre of the room with jugs of water and bread on it: i ask the waitress if i was to 'help myself' to which she rolled her eyes and came over to serve us. The water was lukewarm and had blatently been sitting out all evening. We ordered drinks and by the time pudding came i was still waiting on the bottle of wine we ordered!
The spa had no working jacuzzi as there "was a leak" with no sign of it getting fixed.
Breakfast was served to us by the same waitress from the previous evening who again had an awful attitude.
The heating in the room appeared to be on full blast our entire stay whilst the window was permantely open and couldnt be closed.
The only positive to come from our break away was the barman was so helpful and chatty and recommended several activities to do nearby (which we did do)
All in all not a pleasant stay and we wont be returning, which is a shame as its a lovely building and could be fantastic.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SarahJervis
Thank you for taking the time and posting a review of your recent stay with us. My apologies that your stay was so marred by my staff,s attitude while serving in the restaurant will certainly make sure all my waiting staff get a refresher on customer care as this is not how we expect our staff to behave. My apologies that you never enjoyed your dining with us at all will certainly pass your comments onto my chef. Again my apologies that you found our rooms to be too hot will get my maintence man to check and make sure our system is working properly. Will let Arlo know that you at least enjoyed the chat at the bar and his helpfulness.

Donald Macleod

Travellers are raving about these Pitlochry hotels