“Relaxing Break”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband and I have just returned home from a 2 night DB&B break at Scotland's Hotel and Spa in Pitlochry and we had an excellent time. The hotel was clean, staff were welcoming and polite and the spa facilities were good. I was a little concerned when I read previous reviews before our break as people had commented on the Jacuzzi not working for some time and as we were going for a relaxing break, I had hoped this would not be the case when we got there and it wasnt, The Jacuzzi however does have a sign which alerts users to wait for the green light and to press the start button before they enter the jacuzzi, perhaps some people did not read the clearly visible sign next to the big red and green buttons!!!

The room we were given was not in the main building of the hotel, it was in the old bank building, which was ok but possibly not if we were travelling with kids as you would need to cross a road to get into the main building for meals and for use of the facilities. The room itself was lovely and had all that we required for our stay, although it could be said that the bathroom was a little tired. The hairdryer provided did not work, however when I mentioned this to the reception staff, they had it replaced almost immediately.

We would return to this hotel possibly for one of the spa packages which they offer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Scotlands. My Jacuzzi did take a long time to get repaired so I'm glad you managed to get full use of this. The Bank House has no family rooms all just Executive or Suites all lovely rooms glad that reception sorted out your small problems. Thanks again for your review

Donald Macleod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Just back from another lovely one night break at the Scotland Hotel. as always staff were friendly and welcoming and couldn't be more helpful. we had a sizeable family room even though it was only the two of us. room immaculate and well decorated and furnished. great DBB rate. always enjoy our stay at this hotel and this time was no exception...would highly recommend this hotel to anyone...can't wait to go back!

2 Thank Elizabeth M
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us. Congratulations on your anniversary and glad you had such a lovely break with us at Scotlands.Seems you had the ideal break and everything went as planned, thanks again for your review

renfrewshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

my husband and i are just home from a break in the scotland spa hotel, pitlochry, we had a fab time, hotel was clean and warm, food fantastic, reception staff a bit unfriendly, could have been a bit more helpful, the resturamt and bar staff were fantastic, our room was a bit small but comfortable, i had stated before we booked that this was a break for our 30th wedding anniversary, no mention of even a bottle of wine for us, thanks, the pool and sauna and jaccuzi is fab, but the gym equipment is very outdated, no water machine available even for a drink after a hot sauna, but otherwise we had a great time. 4 april 2012.

2 Thank Marie C
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us at Scotland's. Congratulations on your 30th anniversary, my apologies if my receptionist staff weren't very friendly and aproachable will certainly make sure this is dealt with and my apologies that we slipped up and nobody offered you a complimentary drink during your stay with us. Glad you enjoyed your break with us and my staff looked after you will also pass your comments onto my chefs. We are currently looking at new gym equipment and hope to action this soon. thank you again for your review.

Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just back from a weekend using a groupon voucher at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location and looks impressive. We were very disappointed with our room, it was tiny, the bed was very small and uncomfortable and the bathroom was what only can be described as a nightmare!! The shower cubicle was tiny and the cubicle sliding doors, did not slide. We had to wrestle with them, when eventually they were closed the water leaked from the shower.
The Dining Experience: Food awful, plates dirty, did not get offered drinks,most staff were not interested/motivated. However very attentive head waiter from Brazil could not have done enough for us!
We were at breakfast and had asked for tea, the waitress brought out a teapot and placed it on our table. I thought I was seeing things, there was writing on it, which included someones initials followed by an rude comment. We pointed this out to the waiter and he promptly removed the offending teapot and replaced it!! It was about another staff member and we thought this was very funny but very unprofessional. Will not return to this hotel, although has lots of potential. Needs a makeover and updated.

3 Thank Karen H
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us at Scotland's. My apologies that found your bedroom on the small side and your bathroom shower door hard to slide across will certainly make sure my maintenace man gets that seen to staright away. Thank you for your feedback on my waiting staff very surprised as normally my most praised department but will investigate this and make sure this doesn't happen again. My apologies that you didn't enjoy your evening dining with us will certainly find out what went wrong from Denny. Thank you again for your review.

Donald Macleod

Travellers are raving about these Pitlochry hotels

dundee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Me my wife and friends stayed for 2 nights on the 30th & 31st march on the groupon deal for £150 + a £25 supplement which we though was going to be a good deal and were looking forward to a weekend break from the kids, on arrival the hotel looked nice as did the resturant then we got the keys to the room which was small and a bit dated but other wise fine. the big let down for us was the meals at night which were very disapointing on saying that I thought the breakfasts were good we also thought the drink prices were pretty reasonable. One good point the gentelman from brazil was very nice and very helpfull big thanks to him he seemed like he was the only one in the resturant who knew what he was doing I thought the rest of the staff were a bit inexpericenced and over worked they must of been knackerd after there mamoth shifts would go back if dinner meals improved alot.

Room Tip: avoid 103 and 106
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank graememollison
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us at Scotland's. Sorry you never enjoyed our evening meals been getting mixed reviews, we do new dinner menus that will be ready very shortly, glad you enjoyed your breakfasts very important meal. Will pass your comments onto Denny my Restaurant Manager as i know he was training one new staff this weekend, but all the other staff are fully trained and get many lovely comments.Thanks again for your review

Fife scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just back from a 2 night stay booked through groupon. As I had not realised how the groupon system worked the dates I requested had not been booked properly. upon calling the hotel staff endeveared to help me and went that extra mile to make sure I got my stay (even at extremely short notice) although I agree with many that the hotel was a little aged and could do with an upgrade I was amazed with the level of service from the staff. Truly wernt out of their way and saved my weekend:) breakfast and dinner was perfect with unrushed and friendly service. Lovely down to earth service even bought a present fo the poor overworked girl at reception prior to my check out I hope she likes her chocolates she truly deserved them! Thank you for a brilliant weekend

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us at Scotland's.I'm glad you had an enjoyable weekend break with us and my staff looked after you so well, they are all very good at what they do and they do it well and will pass your comments onto them all. All hotels need constant maintenace an we are no different. Thank you for your kind comments about my chefs meals glad you enjoyed them. Thank you again for your review and I'm sure receptionist enjoyed the chocolates.

Kirkintilloch
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have stayed here before so had a rough idea of what to expect.

The hotel is in a good central location with decent parking. There's lots to do round about if that's your thing.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating all throughout the stay. In particular, a tall European guy (Sorry, not sure of his name) was excellent.

We've read the odd review where the staff have been slated for having a poor attitude - can't say we experienced this. However, some guests have a tendency to think "slave" instead of "staff". It's not hard to see why a staff member might not live up to these people's standards!

The spa facilities were excellent - the long broken Jacuzzi had been fixed. Bonus!!

The bar prices didn't seem to be as bad as the last time we were here. We had drinks in the hotel bar/lounge on several occasions. It's a very comfortable and well furnished area.

The restaurant had a decent selection of meals in the evening and the quality was excellent. The breakfasts were of a similar quality and selection.

Our room was well appointed and modern but was perhaps a little on the small side. It was in the bank building rather than the main hotel, which was merely a 5 second walk away.

My only real gripe with this hotel, and it's a big one, is that the mattress was horrendous and BADLY needed replacing. Had we been staying more than 2 nights we would have asked for a move. It hardly seems worth doing so on the morning after night 1 though.

One other slight gripe is that there was a strange noise, which was either coming from the cistern in the bathroom or the large water tank in the room across from ours. As comical as it sounds, it sounded like there was a seal at the door!

It's a 3 star hotel which probably slightly exceeds that rating. We'd probably have scored slightly higher if the hotel hadn't gotten such a basic thing wrong.

Would we return? Provided the mattress was fixed, then yes. (It's room 406 btw)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gruff101
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us at Scotland's.I will pass on all your nice comments to all my staff and let Denny know that he stood out from the crowd.Glad you enjoyed using my Jacuzzi it's been a long time getting repaired. Glad you made good use of my bar/lounge and enjoyed a relaxing time, will pass on your comments to my chef thank you. I do have new mattresses on order and hope to replace all with a good nights sleep hope it wasn't too uncomfortable, will investigate the noisy tank also, thank you again for your review