“short break”

Scotland's Hotel & Spa
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
“short break”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

another lovely stay at the scotland hotel. hotel spotlessly clean, room spotless with a lovely outlook. Upgraded before arrival to executive room as we had been twice before and enjoyed the executive rooms view. staff very helpful and courteous, couldn't do enough to help. spa and leisure a great place to chill. would definately stay again, slightly old fashioned decor but thats part of the charm. Only slight downside was the cooked breakfast on this occasion, which was well overcooked and not as good as our last visit, but plenty of other cold choices so it didn't spoil our visit too much.

Room Tip: i personally think the upgrade to executive room is worth it, 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your latest stay with us at Scotlands Hotel, upgrading to one of our executive rooms is great gives you a more spacious room,will pass on allyour kind comments to all my staff, my apologies that you breakfast was overcooked during your stay. Thanks again for your review

Donald Macleod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and myself had a one night break at the Scotlands Hotel it was okay for the night, the room itself was very small but comfortable enough, apart from the beds, I have athritis in my hips and i felt as if I was sleeping on a board, so uncomfortable, the beds were spotlessly clean and so was the room if a wee bit tiny.The food was good and service not too bad although the girls could do with a bit of cheering up, they looked as if they did not want to be there. The lift is scary, too claustrophobic,glad it was just the two of us in it. All in all it is not a bad hotel just needs a bit of updating Did not use the pool facilities. So couldnt comment on them.

Room Tip: My neighbour got a suite and said it was great might be worth while asking for an upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Scotlands Hotel, sorry your bed was so uncomfortable and gave you a restless night.Thank you for your comments on my food surprised that my staff on the down side normally a avery happy bunch. The life is very safe it is small but safe is checked regular. Thanks again for your review

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was a disappointing stay. Upgraded room was not worth the money being up in the atic with a very dodgy, uneven floor - my husband felt sea sick! However it did have an excellent view. Food was poor - bought in pate, over cooked beef and a cheese cake which was runny and not set. With the competition of so many lovely places to eat I was annoyed we had booked and already paid for our meals - won't make that mistake again. Finally the lack of a bar spoilt our stay as we enjoy a few drinks in a bar before dinner. The "bistro" advertised as part of the hotel no longer exisits. The positive of the stay was definatly the spa. Pool was lovely and quiet with all other facilities working, clean and pleasant. We also had treatments which were excellent and very professional!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, sorry to read that your husband felt sea sick with the slopping floor i'm sure if you 'd have asked my receptionist we could have moved your room. Sorry to read you never enjoyed our evening meals I can assure you our pate is home-made. Glad you enjoyed the use of our leisure facilities and spa, thanks again for your review

Glasgow, United Kingdom

To Mr D McLeod General Manager

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you and your staff for another great break (the second this year) on reading the tripadvisor I find many like myself have received this warm attention.inspite of the busy meal duties it is nice to get the individual attention from a person willing to please. The chef's menu we found to our liking and the lounge a great place to get to know the other visitors. you can be assured when visiting Pitlochry. Scotland Hotel will be our home from home.

Best wishes
The Shanlin/Cooper's

Room Tip: corner rooms very good
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time the Shanlins/Coopers for posting your latest review, always good to catch up with old friends no matter how short the visit. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us again and that my staff looked after you so well. Hope we'll see you again soon always good to chat, thanks again for your review

West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The hotel itself is not modern and some of the public areas look a bit tired. However the place is spotlessly clean and is undergoing a bit of an upgrade. The bedrooms are spacious, clean and very well equipped with toiletries etc. The dining room is nice and breakfast is awesome. Most importantly, the staff at this hotel are without doubt the happiest and most helpful I have ever met in any hotel bar none! They all appear to genuinely enjoy their job and their good humour is apparent for all to see. I would have given a full five stars to this review if the hotel wifi was not so patchy. To be fair, the public areas are well covered and the hotel does have a PC for guest use, but the wifi in rooms is poor at best which I found very annoying. All in all though a very enjoyable stay and a highly recommended establishment.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay with us, sorry that the WiFi didn't work all the time during your stay with us we are looking to improve the reception with this soon.Thank you for all the kind words about my staff they are a great bunch to work with and have a good sense of humor and work well as a team. Thanks again fo your review

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Yet again a very warm welcome. We had a 3 night stay with dinner bed and breakfast and no faults to be found, husbands birthday and they even brought out the cake which I brought from home. Thanks to all, keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us at Scotlands Hotel, glad you both had such a great stay with us and that all my staff looked after you so well happy belated birthday also and many more. Thank you again for your review hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights on a Dinner ,Bed &Breakfast basis ( including a bottle of wine with dinner each night !). We booked through Easybreaks and costing £79 per person we felt this represented excellent value.
We have stayed in this hotel a few times before but not for a couple of years so we wondered how things had changed and I can report that not a lot has changed except perhaps the" Bistro" is now a quiet lounge..... this made us happy as we dont like things or places we have liked to change too much
1) THE ROOM- was number 142 overlooks an internal courtyard area which houses the refuse bins ( I think) anyway it is an area that staff access to put stuff out or move things from one side of the hotel to the other and do so very noisily indeed..... or at least they did on the second night of our stay!
The room itself was nice & clean and the decor was fine, there is comfy bed ,a TV ( picture a bit fuzzy) , a hairdryer and a hospitality tray with tea/coffee etc.
2) THE BATHROOM -The ensuite was nice & clean & had complimentary shampoo/shower gel and soap but what will stick in my mind is the very obvious way the floor slopes away from the bathroom door !
3) LEISURE -the hotel has leisure facilities- swimming pool, jaccuzzi & steam room and sauna which were fab and we very much enjoyed using them.
4) FOOD- food was delicious !
Dinner on both nights very enjoyable and plentiful ( although we felt a wee bit rushed on the first night having been given very little time between courses and even after we asked our server to give us a break between our main and dessert she still brought it out almost immediately , maybe due to language difficulty ?)
5) THE STAFF -apart from feeling a wee bit rushed on our first night our experience with the restaurant staff was very positve, finding the service more than satisfactory nothing being too much bother even getting a table by the window which we had asked for earlier in the day.
The girl on reception who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful and always acknowledged us anytime we went by & equally friendly was the chap at reception who showed us the evening menu and chatted away showing he had time to make us feel welcome.
We like this hotel and enjoyed our stay, the wee problems I highlighted did not significantly detract from our enjoyable stay..... the pros massively outweigh the cons .
We will be back but wont leave it for another two years before we return !

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not overlook the internal courtyard.
1 Thank GlasgowBuddy
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your most recent stay with us, 2 years is far to long if were one of your favourites. Glad you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that all my staff looked after you so well they are a great bunch to work with.My apologies that my staff made a noise on your second night and kept you awake will make sure that movement at night is reduced. Thank you for your comments on our meals will pass onto my kitchen team. Thanks again for your wonderful review and hope you'll be returning again soon