We stayed at this hotel for a treat for our wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. Check in was quick and we were told where dinner was served and how to get to our room. The hotel is a very old building and there are corridors and rooms everywhere which adds to the character of the hotel. Our room a standard double was the top floor (floor 3) and was fairly large with good storage space, tv, tea and coffee making tray. The view from room 307 is breathtaking. You are looking over the main street and onto the vast hills. Waking up to this view is a great start to the day. As we were on spa package with Dinner bed and breakfast we headed down to the restaurant for dinner. We were advised at check in to book dinner as the hotel had 2 coach trips trips in our first night. The restaurant is large with attentive friendly staff who explained to us the inclusive 3 course menu or we could choose from the main menu at a supplement, water and bread were offered while we studied the menu. The inclusive menu has 3 choices for each course. We really didnt fancy anything off the set menu so opted to have the sirloin steak of the main menu. At £11.95 each as a supplement it was excellent value. The meal was presented very nice and tasted even better. No complaints at all. After a very comfortable sleep we were ready for our breakfast. A good choice of cereals and fruits were available and we were served toast and very tasty hot breakfast with egg,sausage,black pudding, haggis and bacon. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi in the afternoon before our spa treatments. The pool area is very clean and we had the place to ourselves which was great. Our spa package included 3 half an hour treatments each. A body salt scrub, neck back and shoulder massage and a facial. It was heaven an our therapist was very nice and courteous. The spa rooms are small but very tastefully done and spotless. The inclusive menu for dinner was changed on our second night so we chose a starter and sweet from this and our main course from the main menu. It was all very tasty with good size portions. In conclusion yes this hotel is in an old building and in some areas it looks a bit tired but if you can over look this, the food was good, spa was soooo relaxing and our room with a view was very comfortable. The hotel is in a great location just of the main street and the staff were very pleasant. We would go back here as Pitlochry is lovely and this hotel is a perfect base to explore this stunning part of Scotland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry