Travelled with my husband and 2 other couples for the weekend. Arrival was good, greeted by receptionist who was very pleasant and explained our package which was bought as an anniversary gift. unfortunately we were given the long route directions to our bedroom which was situated above the dining room. I notice this seems to be a standard, but when carrying suitcases it would be preferable to be given the shorter route to the room.
We had dinner that night in the bar, which was sporadic. The barman took our orders, but 2 of the 6 meals were completely wrong. Dinner on the Saturday ws in the restaurant and out of the 6 of us, every person had at least one course that was incorrect. Most infuriatingly, the starters and desserts that were served were completely different to that of the menu description.
I did e-mail the management who responded to our complaints regarding the food and service stating that they had new menus and new chefs so he would reiterate our comments and apologised for "not bringing their A game".
The breakfast was substantial, but again inconsistent. What my husband had as the vegetarian breakfast on the Saturday was completely different on the Sunday. We were all seated at seperate couple tables, but the first couple who arrived at 0815 and placed their hot food order were served their food after the couple who sat down and ordered their hot food at 0845 received theirs.
We utilised the swimming pool on the Saturday afternoon. The ladies lockers were a problem, with most missing their keys, so be aware not to leave valuables or your room keys in there as there is no security regarding access to the locker rooms, only a sign in sheet. Additionally, the lifeguard who was on duty, sat behind a pillar for the entire duration of our swim, playing on his phone, so be aware if allowing children in the pool.
Overall we had a pleasant stay, but the running joke of the weekend was what was going to be wrong with next meal we ordered. If the hotel can sort out the restaurant and kitchen this would be a great weekend hotel to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry