“Just Fab!”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Just Fab!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I really enjoyed this place !!! Great Food, Great pool, and all at a great price!!! I cant wait to go back!!! We are hoping to return this summer for my wife's birthday!! Once again the food was FANTASTIC!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DonaldMacleod, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, thank you for all your lovely comments and I,m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Haste ye back and thanks for your review.

Donald Macleod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Batley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great pool, special food and friendly staff who are falling over themselves to make sure that you enjoy your stay. We had a family room with double and twin beds for our sons. The pool made the holiday for the children, the food made it for us!
If you want Family rooms be sure to ring easy breaks as the auto sites don't seem to cater for family room needs.
The choice of breakfasts is second to none, be sure to book bbem as it works out that the room comes for nothing if you enjoy the meals!!

Room Tip: Ring easy breaks
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Glasgow
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My Mum and I were bought a Champagne Lunch and Leisure voucher as a xmas gift. We decided to book this particular hotel for our treat and decided to book in for dinner bed and breakfast also. We arrived on Friday 28th February 2014 and left on Saturday 1st March 2014. We felt it was such a shame that we could not stay on for another evening as we had such a fantastic time and were made to feel so welcome. When we arrived we were shown to the Leisure suite and given robes and slippers and we had the full use of the swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi and we were the only ones there.........bliss! We were told to let the pool attendant know when we wished to go through for our lunch. This was all so seamless! We went through to a lounge area and our table was set up with our tea and then we were brought our champagne and our lunch. We were asked on arrival if we wished a cooked hot lunch or sandwiches and cakes etc. We decided on the sandwiches and cakes and this was absolutely lovely, it was beautiful outside and the sun was shining in.......a fabulous experience. That evening we were booked in for a 6 Course Taster meal and again were not let down. There was ample food and it was delicious. I can recommend the plum crumble and ice cream, it was beautiful! We had a very chilled out evening in one of the lounges chatting to some of the other residents and it was all so pleasant. As per usual you always get someone who wants a freebie and it doesn't matter how they attain this. We were having dinner and there two couples beside us. One of the men decided to give Kerry (I got the impression she was either the supervisor or restaurant manager) a very hard time about the taster menu and a la carte menu as there were supplements on the latter of the two. These were not over priced in my opinion. Kerry was exceptionally professional with this individual even though he continued his game plan. The two couples were laughing when Kerry had left their table and were heard to say "stop laughing as we want to get the a la carte FREE with no supplements". It was shocking to say the least. The food was beautiful, the service fantastic and you were made to feel so welcome. My intention is to go back soon...........hopefully. A first class experience and I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy J
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, thank you for all your lovely comments. I'm glad you decided to stay for the night and that my staff looked after you so well it makes my job all the easier and yes Kerry is my Restaurant Manager and has a lovely nature. Thank you for your lovely review and see you again soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We arrived without a booking and the Receptionist was wonderfully getting us a great deal on a 2 night stay with a dinner even though they only had 3 rooms left and entertainment planned that evening. The taster menu on the Saturday night was interesting and we enjoyed it. The wine was lovely and not expensive. Our room was small and a bit tired but we were very comfortable. On the Sunday night we ate a la carte in the hotel the food was not great. The mussels were drowned in cream and far too rich but the prawn and langoustines were lovely, maybe a bit rich. The duck main was flavourless with a gravy that didn't really go well with duck, the lamb was served like steak with chips and onion rings and it didn't really do it justice. Overall just avoid the a la carte menu. Would return to Scotland's again but not for dinners.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, sorry to read you never enjoyed your evening meal on Sunday our mussels are always a favourite with our guests, thanks again for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Stirling
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Have just returned from a really enjoyable experience at Scotland's Hotel, Pitlochry. The hotel was lovely, the staff friendly and helpful. The treatments were great. Food was excellent, well cooked and the menu varied. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We got a really good two night break deal which was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Room Tip: There were two lifts which was great for one of my friends who is dis-abled. We were on the first f...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I've just returned from Pitlochry after a two night spa break with friends. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff very friendly and the evening 6 course taster menu was excellent. This is a lovely traditional style hotel with very good facilities. The bedrooms were very comfortable. Our spa treatments were very relaxing. The hotel has a good sized pool with jacuzzi alongside. We could not fault any part of our stay and we will be returning in the near future and also recommending the hotel to friends. Excellent value, especially with the discount vouchers.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, thank you for your wonderful comments I,m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Haste ye back and thanks for your review.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The highlight of our visit to Scotland's Hotel was definitely the food. Our deal included a six course taster menu on both nights of our stay. The food was creative, well presented and very tasty indeed. Top marks to the chef! Breakfasts too were first class!
On Valentines night the restaurant was very busy indeed and the staff struggled hard to keep service to a high standard. We had quite a wait for our bottle of wine to arrive. Despite ordering the wine first, it only arrived after a follow-up request and after the food appeared.
The following day the restaurant was a bit less hectic and the serving staff were able to be more relaxed and efficient. I suspect that the previous evening some of the serving staff had been brought in to help with the large numbers, as some of them seemed quite inexperienced in that role.
The downside of our weekend break was the hotel's bar. I was looking forward to a glass of bubbly, any bubbly, before dinner on Valentine's night. The barman told me they don't serve Champagne, Prosecco or Cava by the glass. Just then I spotted an open bottle of bubbly in the glass fronted fridge. I pointed this out to the barman, and suggested that I would be very happy to have a glass. I was amazed when he refused, mumbling something about it was only being for 'certain room service'. No amount of cajoling could persuade him to allow me to pay for a glass! It seemed to me to be a very inflexible policy, especially on Valentines Day!
Although the hotel building is fairly old and some of the corridors and other public areas are in need of redecoration, our bay windowed room in the main building at the front of the hotel, was well appointed and spacious and we were very comfortable.The bathroom too was large, clean and modern. Soap, shower gel and shampoo were provided, though I would have appreciated having some hair conditioner and body lotion, which is fairly standard these days, and surely not to much to ask in a hotel with a claim in it's name, 'Scotland's Hotel!'.
We enjoyed using the swimming pool and leisure area. In addition to the pool there is small sauna and steam room. If you use it remember to take a pound coin with you for the locker. I didn't notice I needed one until I was already in my swimming costume. Fortunately another guest came to my assistance when the member of staff on duty shrugged his shoulders, saying he had no money on him.
There were at least three excellent members of staff in the restaurant, but more generally I feel staff training on customer service could perhaps be better. Overall we had a pleasant weekend and felt it was reasonable value for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms in this hotel are located outwith the main building, given the weather in Scotland...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, thank you for all your kind comments I,m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. My apologies that my barperson wouldn't sell you a glass of bubbly I will have a word in their ear. Dinner service was very busy that whole weekend I'm sorry if you had to wait during service. Thank you again for your review.