“another fab stay”

Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 5 May 2014

2nd time at the Scotland hotel still first class, beautiful scenery, exquisite food, lovely clear pool ,nice and wonderful staff, thank you again for a fantastic weekend away ,cant wait to go back next year

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fraserrobertson01
Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed with a party of 50 guests this weekend and I was astonished at the poor deal on food. Our dinner consisted of a bite sized starter each night and a main course which was starter size as was sweet. The service was slow an d when we asked for vegetables the first night were told that was all we were getting. We could not connect to Wi-Fi from our room or anywhere else in the hotel despite the receptionist trying. Our room door was very difficult to lock with poor instruction and to top it off on the Sunday night we had a quiz which finished at 11 pm I asked at that time for a glass of water and ice and was told no bar closed try lounge bar it was closed also. My husband eventually got one from the night porter he was appalled at the reaction we received. If it had not been for the excellent company we were with We would not have stayed really POOR

Room Tip: Higher floor better
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was a birthday treat for me. My husband and I both loved the food, the staff were excellent, rooms clean and adequate (floor boards a bit creeky), bar drinks a bit pricey but you don't have to drink in the bar, we didn't use the spa/pool/gym facilities so cannot comment on those. we would definitely visit again and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muriel2549
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I booked into a twin room on a spa break with my daughter, as i have been ill for nearly 3 years and this was a trip for her and i to have some relaxation. We booked in advance, about 6 weeks prior. When we booked we were told the Spa was busy on the Monday and we had to take the last two appointments on the day (Spa breaks staying on a Sunday, treatments must be taken on a Monday) We arrived on Sunday 20th and checked in. We asked if there were any cancellations that we could get treatments earlier in the day, we were told we could not as 1 lady had booked a whole 4 hours of treatments, 2 hours before lunch and 2 hours after. We told the hotel we were not happy that 1 person was able to book so much of the Spa time. Our room was ok, pretty basic and not a lot of room, but clean at least. On the Monday morning after breakfast we again checked there had been no cancellations, and asked the receptionist what we were to do as we had to book out of the room by 11am and we wanted to use the gym and pool, as we had to wait till 3pm for the 1st treatment. The receptionist said we had to book out but we could use the facilities. At the gym then we went into their lovely pool, however when we came out of the pool to shower, we discovered their was no shower gel or shampool to have a wash with (our suitcase was in the boot of the car). Then to top it off there was no hairdryer! We turned up at the Spa at the allocated time, to meet with a heavily pregnant therapist who announced that she could not do me a pedicure treatment or any of the treatments that my daughter wanted either. The purpose of our trip was a treat as i have been very ill. The therapist said the only treatment she could do was a back, neck and shoulder light massage (no use for me, as i have a frozen shoulder as well at the moment), or a head massage or a facial (both of which are no use to me as i have Giant Cell Arteritis and cannot allow anyone to massage that area because of headaches) She said if i lay on the bed she would file my toe nails and put polish on them. This seemed the only option for me, so i agreed. After i was done i sat for the whole time without socks or shoes on that it took for my daughter to get the back, neck and shoulder massage (which she says the whole time she could feel the therapists bump rubbing on her). Then i put my socks and shoes on and we came home, to find when i did get home, my socks had stuck to the big toes and it was a mess! Nothing like what a spa is supposed to be like, certainly not relaxing!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ajscotland59
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean and cozy. The hotels common areas are a little worn, yet this hotel is comfortable. Biggest shock room service tray charge £7.95 this is shocking, as a lone female business traveller I do like to eat in my room, but not at that price. I sense it's to put people off not off a service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My advice would be to save your money as this place is the worst I have ever been in and I have stayed in lots of places all over the world.

This hotel is beyond tired, to say the word tired is a massive understatement the place is disgusting. The staff have absolutely no customer service skills in any way. It feels like you have taken a trip to Poland rather than Scotland as that's where 90% of the staff are from. Clearly this hotel is running on a budget budget. Whoever runs this hotel should be fired as they are never to be seen!!!

It is in a good location however there are lots of beautiful central hotels that are much cheaper than this place as we saw walking around, there are plenty of stunning B&B's trust me shop around and you will see what I mean. This hotel is unclean (staff clearly paid minimum wage as they all walk around looking depressed and overworked).

Feel sorry for the staff as it would appear they are used and abused by the company and not looked after at all, quite disgusting given the rates charged for a nights stay.

If you have absolutely no other place to go and you have extremely low expectations then this place is good enough otherwise you will be seriously disappointed. Overall the rooms were horrific there was mould in the bathroom, there were spots of blood on the pillowcase. We had to ask the cleaning staff for fresh towels as they had a strange smell. Food was good but the service was a disgrace, tried to complain to the woman running the restaurant but she clearly couldn't care less and walked away as I was talking to her. Seems like its all a bunch of kids working in this place but there was an old man also in there which we found hysterical as he looks so out of place and grumpy with a fake smile almost like a workers granddad came in for the day to cover. Old English man look out for him he's the grumpiest man and moans about all the others repeatedly. Anyway if you see a manager about or even a receptionist after 5/6pm its probably in the bar drinking as they certainly aren't in there working....

Room Tip: Book another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lauren s
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Arrived early morning and the hotel kept my luggage so I could wander round and enjoy the sunshine and the village.

After a small challenge at check in, I was in my room, as usual single rooms the world over are small, but this was excellent, very clean, tidy and what was that coming through the window but sun!! (haven't seen it in 6 months)

I was on bed and breakfast and it has to be one of the best breakfasts with an amazing view from the dining room

My tip is to go early before the crowds as you can enjoy an excellent breakfast and view in peace!

Tip for breakfast is the porridge (served with honey and cream) and then the Finnan Haddie (with or without poached eggs)

After such a great breakfast I wished I had stayed there for dinner the previous night.

I would highly recommend this hotel as it is near to all of the village facilities (but off the main road) and about 5 mins walk from the station

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends