“scotlands hotel i dont think so!!!”

Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 7 August 2014

just spent an overnight in this hotel...and it has seen better days ...staff lovely but flogging a very sick horse!!!...we tried to get lunch on sunday afternoon at 2.15 to be told they stop serving food at 2pm.....despite the menu saying food served until 3pm.....the smell in the small corridor upstairs is bad!!!...the spa was basic with just one young girl on her own doing treatments and one young man by the pool....HOWEVER...the sunday night dinner was lovely...and again the staff were great.....if the hotel was reviewed on staff alone it would be five star...but its not so sadly I would give it a miss......to expensive for what they offer

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rosemary p
Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is the second time my husband and i have stayed at this hotel. Would go back again however it is very dated. the evening meal and breakfast was lovely. We had a large room with a view which was great. If you order wine at dinner you will wiat for a while to recieve this. Lovely pool and spa.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This offer was not great value. Upon arriving at the hotel, out room was not ready, this despite conversations with someone regarding the unavailability of the spa, which we had specifically booked, but not to worry, someone called us to sort that out and managed to book us in over the course of 2 days. The conversation centred around arriving a little earlier on the Thursday to check in a little earlier and enjoy our first spa treatment. So listen, the spa is "good". It's very small, and the girls are knowledgable and very friendly. Good conversation and made me feel at ease. I enjoyed the treatments, but I didn't feelni was in a Spa as such. As far as the building goes, the decor and quality of the area is fantastic. This is a very old building, and the 2 or 3 spa rooms are the best part of the whole building.

Let's get on to the hotel stay. Never in my life have I been so disappointed in what I've been sold. Yes, this is an old building, but I would expect the internal design of the building to reflect the fact that this is a SPA.... It has the feel of a very old house about it, with more bars closed than open, and a very dirty appearance. Dark browns, old carpets and ancient wallpaper and curtains. If this place was operating as a homage to days gone by, then sell it that way... Market it properly. Don't market it as a Spa hotel. I don't feel comfortable at all in this environment, and neither did my wife.

I am also sad to report that , again despite having a conversation with a staff member before we arrived and informing said staff member that my wife and I were just married and looking forward to this break, we were booked for a TWIN ROOM!!!!! After a nervous few moments from the girl at reception, we were given a Double room. Great, but didn't it stink??? As soon as we opened the door, the stale aroma hit us in the face. Even worse when we opened the bathroom door. You would have thought they had cooked the breakfasts in that very room. It stank.... And the reason??? The vent from the kitchen only runs up the wall directly outside the window. Thanks for the warning, but also, no attempt within the room to neutralise the odour. No plug ins, air fresheners or any other device to help with this. Not to worry, only 2 nights to endure. And it was a deal, right???

No, it wasn't. Not really, when you consider that the cost of a double room per night is advertised at £125 per night, and that each of the spa treatments we were offered, when you divide the price of the full treatment by the offer treatment time, works out to be exactly the same as you'd expect to pay at full price. No deal!!!

Next time, I'm booking a travelodge, you know what you're getting, it's clean, and you get what you pay for. We'll have our spa treatments in a Bannatynes or somewhere of that ilk. We'll save money and still have a good time. I must admit, £370, not including the bill we had to pay on the way out the door was really rotten value for this trip. We have a highly established spa on our doorstep at home which would have cost us £50 less, including a 2 night stay which would have been a much better option in hindsight. Never again.

Final nail in the coffin, upon check out (and this might tell you all you need to know). Upon settling our relatively small bill, of the 2 people at reception, not a single one asked the fairly simple and standard question that you'd expect upon check out at every hotel.... "Did you enjoy your stay?" - They obviously knew what the answer would be.

Well done Wahanda, you took our cash in advance. Crerar, you can guess who we are and I really hope you get in touch to put things right.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife bought a two night Dinner bed and breakfast package from easybreaks. To be honest we were a bit apprehensive as we had had a very poor stay here before, However this time was totally different.
We had a lovely room at the front of the hotel with a spacious en-suite and plenty room for the cot for the baby.
Dinner was whatthey were calling a taster menu, 6 courses, if you really can count a teaspoon of salmon gravalax or a single cracker with a smidge of cheese as a course! However it was really plentiful, and although the baby is just one year old, there seemed to to be no difficulty getting her some of it at no extra cost. ie a extra portion of rosti one night and extra crab linguine the next. In fact the restaurant staff were al very charming and attentive. High chairs were produced quickly and with no fuss what so ever.
The pool was nice and warm and whilst not the largest pool in a hotel was still plenty big enough for either swimmimg or just spalshing around.
The hotel is located just off the high street in Pitlichry making it very accessible if wanting to do touristy things.
It was a couple of very hot nights and the room was very warm but the sash windows were broken so ended up having to prop open the window with a bag.
Will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Went with husband had a groupon deal great value loved the pool and sauna food was great and breakfast was delightful room was ideal staff were all lovely ..receptionist was really nice she gave me her own charger as I forgot mine hotel really is in the middle of Pitlochry plenty of things to see and do nearby we were lucky got great weather too cant wait to return !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just back from a 3 night DDB deal and have to say it was marvellous. The negative points were that the service in the dining area at breakfast was slow at times and the broken window sash was never repaired, although we reported it twice, however the positives outweighed these as the location was superb, the pool was lovely and quiet and the food was fantastic. Our bedroom was in need of an upgrade (in particular the bathroom) as it looked a bit dated and would have benefitted from a coat of paint however it was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would definitely return and would recommend this hotel if you a re visiting Pitlochry for a few days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a 3 nite stay on a DBB basis...the food was not the best...6 courses taster menu...vy vy small portions & both my partner & I were hungry an hour later...breakfast was not much better, in fact the service from staff was actually shocking, we waited 50mims on or breakfast & there were many people complaining. On a more positive note the pool & leisure facilities were good & reasonably quiet!! The room was clean but vy dated furniture & furnishings, I defo think the hotel Is in need of some much needed refurbishments!!!

Stayed: August 2014