“Excellent service”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Scotland
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Have just spent a weekend in hotel to celebrate my mothers 80th birthday. 10 members of family, with a varied range of ages and disabilities. My Husband needs lots of care and the staff were so helpful with him. I phoned reception for an extention for all his medical equipment and a fan to keep him cool. This was done with no problem and within 15mins. Food was a little bit fancy, Minted potatoes on the first night, not everyones cup of tea but that was my only complaint. spent the evenings in the bar playing Dominoes and Trivial pursuit. All staff were very friendly especially Matt who was our waiter most of the time. Would surely recomend to friends. added advantage of a swim before breakfast and we must have picked the best weekend for weather, it was great.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
RobertMcPhee, Hotel Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 September 2009
Thank you for your kind words.Your party were certainly a breath of fresh air and you all were a pleasure to deal with especially the birthday girl who I managed to steal a kiss from.I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and will look forward to your next visit to our hotel.The Dominoes are in storage for you!
Hope to see you all again soon.
(Hotel Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Glasgow
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Hotel was spotless and the room extremely comfortable.Not enough staff which put dining room staff under great pressure which they coped with very well.We thoroughly enjoyed our time and would certainly return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
RobertMcPhee, Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 September 2009
I thank you for your review and I am glad you noticed the hard work being put in by our team here at Scotlands,we hope to be up to a full complement of staff very soon to ease the pressure on the dedicated team we are starting to build. We always try to maintain customer focus to ensure the best quality service is provided. I am happy to hear you had a good stay with us.
Chris Day,
Hotel Manager
whitburn
Reviewed 21 September 2009

When my wife came out of hospital, I booked a weekend stay at Scotlands, on arrival was told they were overbooked and we had to go elsewhere - no compensation and the explanation that it wasn't 'their' fault it was the booking company. I mentioned that I had phoned the previous day to confirm the booking and was told all was ok, again it was the booking company's fault, that things had changed, and they didn't have time to contact us on the day of travel!!
On leaving the building to go to East Haugh Hotel we met 2 couples in the car park who said this had happened to them before, and the way to get round it was to arrive very early and 'claim' a room.
On reaching East Haugh there were 5 couples (that we know of) who had had the same sorry tale - - apparently this is common with Scotlands.
However the stay at Easter Haugh was first class, food was unbelievable, cottage type rooms, were spotless and had all mod cons, and the staff couldn't do enough to make your stay as pleasant as possible given the circumstances.
Scotlands 0 out of 10 - - Easter Haugh 10 out of 10

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
RobertMcPhee, Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 September 2009
It is very dissapointing that you had to be booked out of our hotel,over the past few weekends we have been experiencing some complications with our booking system,the last thing we want at our popular hotel is for our guests not to get the chance to receive our hospitality.I apologise for the inconvenience in not being told before hand which should be common practice.If you are ever visiting Scotlands hotel in the future please make me aware of this mix up you encountered ,and I will go out of my way to provide you with the high level of hospitality Crerar Hotels has to offer.
(Hotel Manager)

Travellers are raving about these Pitlochry hotels

Inverness
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I was aware of the negative reviews Scotlands Hotel had received before arriving in Pitlochry. All I can say is I booked the 2 day Spa Package and it was certainly value for money. We found the gym/ pool facilities excellent. Therapist was brilliant. Waiting staff were hard working and service went without a hitch. OK, the hotel is a little tired round the edges but the room we stayed in was refurbished to a high standard. Some may have higher expectations of the 3 stars but all in all myself and friend enjoyed the food and hospitality and would return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Namest nad Oslavou, Czech Republic
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Bed hard, despite a refurbished bathroon fittings falling off the wall, shower pressure pathetic, inadequate bathroom supplies. Staff friendly but dining room service slow and staff need to be better trained. Food OK for the set menu at £20 but just OK. Nice location, but would not be back. On the + side pool very good anc clean. Pitlochry is a beautiful town surrounded by stunning scenery.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
RobertMcPhee, Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 September 2009
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. As we are in the process of building a new team here ,we welcome all input as it is beneficial to solving any problem that may arise .We are currently providing a high level of staff training and a difference is being made.I would hope you would come back to us in the future and find noticeable improvement.
Regards,
peterhead, scotland
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Just back from a leisure/spa break at Scotlands Hotel, Pitlochry and must say it was rather a nice stay. I looked at the reviews before i booked and thought "surely it can't be that bad" and thankfully i was right. Yes, granted the main hotel looks a little dated and the room we stayed in could do with a spruce up but i would say that was the only downside (apart from the fire alarm going off at 2:30am!)

The food at both breakfast and dinner was good and the waiting staff were excellent, as was the receptionist who was really helpful - thanks for the flowers!

I would have to say that the main plus to our visit was the spa and leisure club. The pool and sauna facilities were excellent and my wife and i both had excellent treatments from the therapist in the spa - top class.

Based on what other hotels in Pitlochry were charging for a similar stay, it proved great value for money and well worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments.I am aware that some of the reviews about our hotel recently did not read very well ,so it is pleasing to see the positive comments starting to arrive about our hotel. We are always striving to provide a high standard of service and with our new team here I believe we are doing so ,and I am happy you agree.
Hope to see you again soon.
stirlingshire
Reviewed 7 September 2009

having picked what seemed to be the wettest day of the summer to visit Pitlochry I was soaked by the time I checked in at 3pm, having walked round the town for a couple of hours. The girl at reception was very nice and upgraded me to a double room (thanks) which was clean and cosy. I had a relaxing evening and breakfast was excellent with efficient service and lovely food.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
I am pleased you took the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay despite the weather.We hope that when you come back again you get the sunshine as well as the relaxation.
Kind Regards