Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club
US$185
Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$165
Great 4.5/5
Atholl Arms Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$90
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$306
US$288
Travelocity
1,700 results
All reviewscrerar hotelspa treatmentstaster menusauna and steam roomleisure centrefamily rooma bit tiredboth nightsrestaurant staffnight breakbed and breakfastfood was lovelyshort breakmy mumboth morningsgreat weekendthe main street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Just spent a couple of days here on a golf package. Arrived on the Monday afternoon about 14.00 hrs, and rooms were not quite ready, so my wife and I spent a couple of hours browsing shops in the main street which is only yards away from the hotel.Returned just after 16.00 and were given our room, and found it to be really clean and tidy, albeit slightly smaller than expected. Bed was comfy, shower fantastic and it proved to be really quiet. Decided to go to leisure facility and found it to be really well equipped - small gym but not busy so no hindrance to work out. Pool was quite cool, but very well kept and the sauna and steam rooms were very good(max 4 persons in each).
Went to book a table for dinner at night and receptionist informed of a bus party arriving so we booked early to avoid the rush, however bus arrived just after our starter and the place went into meltdown. Waited some time or the rest of our meal as the staff were so busy with the tour guests and the food turned out to be quite mediocre - seemed to be cooked and then kept under heat until serving. My wife had to return one dish that was nowhere near hot.
Breakfast was much better, with self service cereals, juices etc and a menu for cooked breakfast.
On going to the golf there was some confusion about the booking of the tee time before we arrived, and I ended up doing this myself direct with golf club, however it stated on booking confirmation that a free golf ball and dram would be part of deal but this never materialised. When I asked at desk receptionist had no idea and I decided it was not worth pursuing.
In summary a good clean hotel which is really central in the town. Food and service lets it down slightly and I probably not go back unless I knew that had changed.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme C
RobertMcPhee, Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2009

Thank you for your comments regarding your break with us at Scotlands hotel. We are still getting a core team put together here and training is ongoing.You say you will come back again if things change,I believe that things are changing for the better at our hotel and would hope you you would feel the same on any future visit.

Reviewed 29 September 2009

Our arrival was dealt with efficiency.pleasant staff, the room is excellent with lovely furnishings, bed very comfortable, phone was not working but on request it was fixed within the hour. The restauarant serive is by far the best we have hadin all our travels. I would su up by saying that the Manager and staff deserve the highest praise.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Have just spent a weekend in hotel to celebrate my mothers 80th birthday. 10 members of family, with a varied range of ages and disabilities. My Husband needs lots of care and the staff were so helpful with him. I phoned reception for an extention for all his medical equipment and a fan to keep him cool. This was done with no problem and within 15mins. Food was a little bit fancy, Minted potatoes on the first night, not everyones cup of tea but that was my only complaint. spent the evenings in the bar playing Dominoes and Trivial pursuit. All staff were very friendly especially Matt who was our waiter most of the time. Would surely recomend to friends. added advantage of a swim before breakfast and we must have picked the best weekend for weather, it was great.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
RobertMcPhee, Hotel Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2009

Thank you for your kind words.Your party were certainly a breath of fresh air and you all were a pleasure to deal with especially the birthday girl who I managed to steal a kiss from.I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and will look forward to your next visit to our hotel.The Dominoes are in storage for you!
Hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2009

Hotel was spotless and the room extremely comfortable.Not enough staff which put dining room staff under great pressure which they coped with very well.We thoroughly enjoyed our time and would certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
RobertMcPhee, Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2009

I thank you for your review and I am glad you noticed the hard work being put in by our team here at Scotlands,we hope to be up to a full complement of staff very soon to ease the pressure on the dedicated team we are starting to build. We always try to maintain customer focus to ensure the best quality service is provided. I am happy to hear you had a good stay with us.
Chris Day,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2009

When my wife came out of hospital, I booked a weekend stay at Scotlands, on arrival was told they were overbooked and we had to go elsewhere - no compensation and the explanation that it wasn't 'their' fault it was the booking company. I mentioned that I had phoned the previous day to confirm the booking and was told all was ok, again it was the booking company's fault, that things had changed, and they didn't have time to contact us on the day of travel!!
On leaving the building to go to East Haugh Hotel we met 2 couples in the car park who said this had happened to them before, and the way to get round it was to arrive very early and 'claim' a room.
On reaching East Haugh there were 5 couples (that we know of) who had had the same sorry tale - - apparently this is common with Scotlands.
However the stay at Easter Haugh was first class, food was unbelievable, cottage type rooms, were spotless and had all mod cons, and the staff couldn't do enough to make your stay as pleasant as possible given the circumstances.
Scotlands 0 out of 10 - - Easter Haugh 10 out of 10

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
RobertMcPhee, Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2009

It is very dissapointing that you had to be booked out of our hotel,over the past few weekends we have been experiencing some complications with our booking system,the last thing we want at our popular hotel is for our guests not to get the chance to receive our hospitality.I apologise for the inconvenience in not being told before hand which should be common practice.If you are ever visiting Scotlands hotel in the future please make me aware of this mix up you encountered ,and I will go out of my way to provide you with the high level of hospitality Crerar Hotels has to offer.