We booked into the Scotlands Hotel on a dinner bed and breakfast deal for a 3 night relaxation break, which was much needed.
The hotel itself was quite nice, the spa area was good though a little small. The rooms were clean and tidy and on the whole the staff were friendly.
On our first night when we went for dinner, everything was cold and tasted like scool dinners. Breakfast the following morning was much the same, tasted as though it had been sitting under a hot plate which was not hot enough.
Our second nights food was worse though we waited 30 minutes for our drink order to be taken and a further 10 for our food order. The manager was very helpfull and gave us a free upgrade to the al a cart menu.
When the food arrived it again was cold, the duck dish my partner recieved was clearly a chicken breast, and when querried she was told that the sauce made the duck turn white? The manager again was helpfull and offered to get us something else but we declined and went elsewhere.
Breakfast next morning again was cold, and we decided not to eat in the hotel that evening.
The kitchen and dining room clearly had issues as they were unable to get the simplest of things (like sausages) served to the clients hot, and what did come out tasted mass produced or bought in frozen.
Pitlochry was nice but the food issues at the hotel ruined our trip. We have stayed at the Crerar Loch Fyne hotel which has much the same menu and setup but it was far far superier to this.
Would I go back? I doubt it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry