Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club
US$134
  • Restaurant
East Haugh House(Pitlochry)
US$175
The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$114
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$275
Priceline
1,711 results
All reviewscrerar hotelspa treatmentstaster menusauna and steam roomleisure centrefamily rooma bit tiredboth nightsrestaurant staffnight breakbed and breakfastfood was lovelyshort breakmy mumboth morningsgreat weekendthe main street
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Yet again it seems this hotel has taken a booking when it was already fully booked! I have read a number of previous reviews and it is a regular occurence. The duty manager seems to be completely imcompetent, unable to give me a reason as to why I have been given notification that I am now to stay in another hotel. I had already received an email advising me there was a problem and we had been relocated to the Atholl Palace. I was perfectly happy with this, but now it seems that was the wrong information and now I am to stay in the Dundarach Hotel. I advised him I was not happy with this and would like the situation rectified. He promised to call me back, this at 5.30pm. I waited until 8.30pm the same evening and called him back, which I didn't think was acceptable. All in all my opinion of the hotel is not a good one! I would recommend you book anywhere but here! Hopefully the hotel we have been moved to will be to our liking! Shame really as I was looking forward to my trip.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
PMcCurg, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2010

First and foremost I would like to apology profusely for the shortfall in our usual standards here at the Scotland's Hotel in Pitlochry.
As with all guests' comments, we do take them very seriously and on this occasion we thank you for your constructive criticisms.
In Crerar Scotland's Hotel a new management team, lead by myself, has been put in place to implement and improve the standards you would normally expect from the Crerar Hotels.
Once again please accept our apology, and we hope that you will return to the Hotel at a later date and I am sure you will see vast improvement in the hotel standards.

Reviewed 15 March 2010

Our family of 8 had booked for new year only to be called on the 30th Dec the day before we were due to check in to be told that due to an admin error there were not enough rooms booked for our party even tho we booked in April and the hotel was fully booked!
We cancelled our trip and re-booked for this weekend and have just returned.
If you go with low expectations you will be pleasantly surprised as you walk in hotel looks actually pretty nice, we were in room 208, room ok, beds clean but very hard mattress, double radiator in room had no valve to turn heating up or down so temperature was very uncomfortable to sleep in as heating on full blast day and night, windows only open slightly. Bar closed way before mid night and they dont take cash so charge to your room, they have no tv room if you or your man/family fancies watching a bit of sport or tv with a drink, we were told the hotel wants to promote conversation, we nearly burst out laughing.
I wouldnt bother with breakfast in the hotel, we were told to wait in the room next to the dining room to be seated we waited for over half an hour along with a dozen or so others to be seated and with what they serve you will still come out hungry, i would do the 2 min walk to Drummonds all the tea and toast you can manage with your breakfast for £6.
All the staff look totally exhausted and miserable, its not service with a smile.
I would not stay here again nor recommend anyone to stay here, the hotel has no atmosphere, terrible food & miserable staff, the fishers hotel just along the road is a better choice to enjoy your break in Pitlochry.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 March 2010

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We were victim's of a double booking. I had previously read on Trip Advisor that this was not a rare occassion as alluded to in previous reviews. I did not think for one moment that this would happen to us as the booking had been accepted and full payment taken in advance. However, our friends arrived at the hotel at 12:30, well in advance of the normal check-in time, to find that both our double rooms had already been taken. We have since been told that this would appear to be a regular occurrence, and that additional bookings would routinely be taken, on the premise that a number of customers will not turn up and therefore the room can be resold. What an advert for the Scottish tourist industry this would be. The hotel to their credit did manage to put us in touch with a Bed & Breakfast (Craigatin) which turned out to be fantastic.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 March 2010

Reading some of the previous reviews, I thought they must have stayed at a different hotel. All the staff were friendly and helpful , especially the young Irish girl who appeared to have several roles. The room (308) was fairly large although being in the roof area had some low parts to the ceiling but, even so, it had enough room for the bed , a couch and 2 chairs . The food was excellent and dining room staff friendly and efficient. I booked through easy-breaks and must say this was fabulous value for money. When I go away I look for friendly staff , nice food and a good sleep. I got all three of these here . Thanks to all at Scotland's Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind words, we are looking forward to seeing you in the near future in our Hotel.

Reviewed 6 March 2010

Stayed for two nights,the room we were in was excellent [215] the hotel itself was good,but what ruined the stay for us was the dining room.The staff seemed to have no idea what to do,[where was the head waiter] The breakfast on the morning we left was worse than fawlty towers.we waited 25 minutes for the toast and tea we ordered and eventually had to ask again,there were not enough cereal bowls for everyone,the tables were never cleared after they had been used so when all the clean tables had gone they then started to seat the guests at the dirty tables,but even then after taking thier order the staff still walked away and left the dirty dishes on the table.On speaking to the hotel receptionist about this she seemed to be extremely embarassed as other guests had complained as well

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple