Stayed here for 3 nights to go walking. Great location for the town and station. Reception and other staff all brilliant and clearly well trained. However we were staying for 3 nights and looking forward to a combination of spa experience and walking in the local countryside and national park. Do not be fooled by the spa, 10 metre pool in reality is less than 5 metres as first half is knee deep. great for small children not for swimming. Sauna cannot hold more than two people so lucky for us we were the only people there at the time ! Advertise as open till 9.30 but closed at 7.30 pm. Room on first night was dark, dreary and incredibly small, no bath and a tiny shower. We asked to be moved and were offered the family room for the rest of our stay which was great improvement but shower did not work, windows rattled at night and bed far too small for hubby who is over 6 foot tall. Went to restuarant on first night and quickly departed, the long rows of tables and complete silence was very off putting. Went to the bistro advertised in the hotel and adjacent to it to find it was not serving food and was closing early. A great disapointment to hubby who was looking forward to a choice of whiskey which was not available in the hotel bar. Locally the town was very sad wth closing down sales and bars that were devoid of atmosphere and music. End of season I suppose but a great disapointment when we had travelled so far. However the walking was fabulous and you could not fault the enthusiasm and helpfullness of the staff in the hotel. Breakfast was lovely even tho we did have to ask for extra tea and butter every day. Having looked around the town there seemed to be other much nicer hotels which were cheaper and the restaurents we went to were fabulous. If you dont want the spa then stay in a B&B, local people told us they were good value and all the signs indicated they were full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Scottish family hotel .5 mile from train/bus stations; in city centre; splendid views over Perthshire Hills & Lochs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Scotland's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scotland`s Hotel And Leisure Club
- Scotlands Hotel Leisure
- Scotlands Hotel Pitlochry
- Scotland's Hotel & Spa Pitlochry