“do not use”

Chippy Ardchoille Fish and Chip Cafe
Ranked #48 of 54 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Cuisines: Scottish, Fast food
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ardchoille comes form the Gaelic meaning the 'High wood'. It started life in 1961 when it opened as a place where you could have a coffee and listen to the juke box. Ardchoille Fish & Chip cafe has been continuously owned by the same family since it opened and has served well over one million fish and chips. We now serve Beers and Wines!!!! Indoor and out door patio seating during the summer. It is recommended in the Lonely Planets Guide 2003 - Britain and Ireland: "Serves the cheapest eats in town and does so with atmosphere." The fresh North Sea haddock is very popular. Steak pies, scampi, chicken, also white and black pudding suppers. Haggis suppers.
Pitlochry, United Kingdom
“do not use”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

the fish was horrible and I had to take it back.it is precooked and not after you have ordered.hence not very good catering.sugggest avoid and all cost..

Visited February 2013
1 Thank johnhenley2014

• Polish first
Penicuik, Scotland, United Kingdom
“2nd worse chip shop in area!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Went in for fish & chips... As despite my reminder of how terrible it was on our last visit my husband was hungry and wanted to give it another go.
The place seemed to be clean and the lady serving was polite and friendly... I gave her my order and she put the fish on to fry had a look at the chips and decided to reheat them... While waiting on the fish cooking and the chips reheating she charged me the money and I paid for my order... 1 minute later a guy came from the back and without a greeting or a smile he tried to charge me again for my order ... It was a small piece of fish, bones included and reheated frozen chips... Not as bad as the Blair Atholl chip shop but I won't be back!

3 Thank Denise D
Gourock, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

The only word to describe this place is DISGUSTING. Do not waste your money - worst fish and chips I have ever had in my life.

2 Thank Clarexgx
Levenmouth, United Kingdom
“Worst ever!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We've visited twice. First time we thought it wasn't good because it was so busy. Second time it was worse. This must rate as the worst fish and chip shop in Scotland. The staff are appalling and the food worse. Never ever go back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank EvieD63
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible and run down”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The chips were horrible, stale and obviously frozen. And the building and toilets were disgusting and run down, will not be back!!

• Visited September 2013