“Fantastic country house hotel close to Pitlochry town centre”
Review of Pine Trees Hotel

Pine Trees Hotel
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
“Fantastic country house hotel close to Pitlochry town centre”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I stayed here with my family for 3 nights & would recommend this hotel to anyone. Our age range was 18 to 80 and I would say it is suitable for all. Yes the hotel is quiet with lovely comfy couches to relax in but it is also close enough to walk to the town centre if you are looking for more entertainment. Our rooms were all standard rooms but I can honestly say they were fantastic. The bathrooms were the biggest I've ever seen in a hotel and the beds were the comfiest. The views were lovely. I have stayed in 2 other Pitlochry hotels and this is the best by far. The staff were all friendly, attentive and extremely professional. I couldn't fault them in any way. Pine Trees is dog friendly ( we took our 2 dogs with us) and appreciated being able to sit in the lounge area with them. Other hotels say public areas are out of bounds to dogs. The grounds of the hotel are spacious and great for giving the dogs a bit of a walk. The food was fantastic and as a 3 of us are vegetarian, we loved that there were 3 veggie starters and 2 veggie mains on the menu. This was our first time at the Pine Trees but I would definitely return. I felt like I was the guest at country mansion rather then a hotel and could really have spent the whole time sitting infront of the log fire!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Alexandria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My wife and i have stayed here many times and we come back again and again. Why?
Simply put the food is excellent, the rooms are great (we have stayed in standard and superior
rooms) and the staff are polite and attentive.
This is a peaceful haven, with big couches and big comfy chairs. An ideal place to chill out or explore the delights of Perthshire. A quiet relaxing hotel,probably not suited to the younger generation' but if good food,wine and single malt is your cup of tea then this is the place for you.
We both look forward to coming back AGAIN and AGAIN !

Room Tip: Superior rooms have more space and don't cost the earth although the standard rooms are very goo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PDOC967
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Stayed here with my partner in September for one night and had an excellent stay. We had not read any reviews and just found the Hotel as we were driving in Pitlochry looking for accomodation for one night before heading back to Edinburgh. We liked the country feeling of this property. The room was beautifully appointed and the hotel had a very comfortable, elegant charm to it, The Hotel had a wonderful bar, pretty dining room and cozy sitting areas that were inviting and a place that you would want to curl up and read a book or have a drink and relax. Our price included dinner and breakfast. The food was very good and the staff take great pride in working at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank philip2010
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Spent a wonderful few days here in August. Felt very well looked after. Staff so attentive. Real attention to detail. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank overton644
Ostende, Belgium
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Staff very friendly & discreet,owner a little bit business as usual.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Dunblane, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My wife and I stayed one evening for my birthday. We had dinner in very pleasant surroundings with hospitable service and the food was first rate.
We would certainly consider returning in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Scottish Highlands
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Ended up staying at this hotel in a kind of roundabout manner, maybe wouldnt have chosen it based on some reviews on here but I can certainly say we are glad we stayed!
On approach, the grounds are stunning, and the hotel is very grand. On approach to the front door I thought it looked a little bit tired but just needs a coat of paint. Once inside, it was very cosy and inviting. Very helpful lady checked us in and a very pleasant man showed us to our room and carried our luggage (surprising how many hotels dont bother to do this)
The first thing we noticed was the pack of treats that had been left for our dog! I found this to be a nice, welcoming touch as I often feel hotels maybe reluctantly agree to allow dogs. We had also been informed at check-in that our dog was welcome in the lounge with us at any time, and that he was welcome throughout the grounds. Plenty water bowls had been provided outside.
Dinner was superb, the fillet of beef was well worth the £6 surcharge and the chocolate fondant was heavenly. Breakfast was delicious and well cooked with great selection on offer.
I found the staff to be the best thing about the hotel, extremely professional yet friendly and immaculately presented. I dont know why other reviewers feel the need to remark on where the staff are from, but I would suggest that their motives and underlying attitudes are questionable to say the least.
The room was a little small but spotlessly clean, with a lovely en-suite and amazingly powerful shower. The communal areas of the hotel are interesting and quirky, and quite in keeping with what you would expect from a Victorian mansion house. Lots of little nooks and crannies to sit in, interesting books and pictures, and even a selection of board games to pass the time.
Overall, I would suggest this hotel is great for a romantic getaway. I did notice quite a few older guests but I found this to be a positive thing, relaxing and quiet. Pitlochry is a lovely little town, and the surrounding countryside is spectacular. Nice little walk around Loch Dunmore at Faskally. The Explorers Garden up at Festival Theatre is worth a visit, which I believe is going to host The Enchanted Forest from 7th-19th October this year.

Room Tip: All rooms will be quiet. Rooms on front of hotel will have best view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple