“Great cafe at end of a good walk.”

Pitlochry Boating Station Cafe
Ranked #34 of 54 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Near the Green Park Hotel beside Loch Faskally. It's a cafe with outside seating and boat hire
North Berwick, United Kingdom
“Great cafe at end of a good walk.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This cafe has a surprisingly full menu. Everything is well presented and delicious. There are lovely views over the loch and the opportunity to feed the ducks or take a boat out on the loch before or after your lunch or snack.

Visited August 2013

East Lothian
“The best cheese scone I have ever had in my life”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a lovely little cafe in a beautiful location. On the day I was there, I had a very tasty bowl of cauliflower soup and THE BEST cheese scone I have ever had (and I have had a fair few...). Recommended!

Visited August 2013
Livingston
“Great spot and super food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We are regular visitors to the Boating Station and used it as our regular coffee and lunch spot whilst we were away on our most recent 2 week holiday based in Pitlochry.
It's hard to think of a better location from a view point of view, overlooking Faskally loch. Indeed you can choose, as we did, to hire a rowing boat or pedalo and venture onto the loch.
Service is very friendly and the food is always excellent. Basic fayre, but very well done. Great breakfast too. They have a lovely selection of cakes.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank craigozwatson
paisley
“Scenic location next to loch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

My friend and I always stop here at the beginning/end of our forest walk.
Soup always my choice, tasty!
It has a good selection of food, cater for meals to a light snack.
We had an extra surprise yesterday as one of the fighter jets flew over the cafe.

I think she thought her end had come, priceless!! Very low flying aircraft , a bit like experiencing an earthquake . I thought it was brill!

• Visited July 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

we go to this café every day of our holidays,the food is lovely and the family who run it are very friendly,the soup of the day is a must have,the views from the café are amazing this is a fantasic place to sit and relax,it is pitlochrys hidden gem.you will love it.

Visited June 2013