“Poor stay in a lovely hotel”
Review of Fisher's Hotel

Fisher's Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I've stayed here many times and loved it. This trip however they did not know what kind of room I had booked and that dinner was included despite I had booked direct with the hotel. My room window would not stay open so they stuck a wee bit of wood to hold it open a couple of inches! It was very hot while there so I asked for a fan. I got one and it was absolutely filthy and when I switched it on black dust blew all over me . I cleaned it best I could but it was useless and don't think it was even PAT tested. I was afraid to complain yet again as felt they would only make things worse for me. I have emailed the hotel three times sine my return and they have never even acknowledged me! I have to say its a fab location and the food was lovely . The waiting staff very nice as were the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed one night on our journey up to Skye, Room comfortable and clean, we dinned in the hotel and took up the offer of 3 courses for £15.00 evening meal and also had a cooked breakfast the next morning which was included , quick friendly service and would use again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank granddad51
Reviewed 5 August 2013

stayed at this hotel about 4 years ago and swore i would never be back it was terrible ,BUT was there august this year 2013 and what a difference the hotel has new owners and i have to say they have made a big change all ready rooms were spotless staff were very pleasant, we had a full scottish breakfast tea and toast and it was lovely, well done to every one. if you have read previous reviews give this place a second chance its worth it. location is great right in the middle of the main street and handy for every thing.well done again guys for turning this place around.

Room Tip: ask for a room over looking the court yard if possible
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We came for one night, a family of six persons and stayed in two rooms. The rooms were ok but not more.
We had a beehive in one of the room's window.
The fire alarm started working in all the hotel at 3:00 am and the same when we left...
The parking was full so we had to park in the street.
The breakfast was very basic.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We recently stayed at The Fisher's Hotel, Pitlochry. The rooms were pleasant, comfortable and clean. The shower in our en-suite wasn't working properly but apart from that, we had no problems with our rooms. The dinners were very good but the cooked breakfasts left a lot to be desired. In fact we opted for a continental breakfast after our first experience of a cooked breakfast.
This hotel is extremely convenient if you are travelling by train as the railway station is just at the back of the hotel. (We couldn't hear the trains from our room.)
There was traditional Scottish entertainment in the hotel on several evenings throughout the week but it was very poorly attended which was such a shame as the entertainers were very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which overlooks the garden as the ones at the front face onto a very busy street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I read the reviews after I had booked and was quite anxious. I was travelling on my own to John O'Groats to collect my husband at the end of the End to End cycle ride. However I needn't have worried as the hotel was lovely, my room was spacious and very clean. I enjoyed sitting outside people watching on the main street in Pitlochry
The evening meal I had was delicious and good value.
All the staff were pleasant and helpful, the only downside being the cooked breakfast which was bland and watery but I guess that's mass catering for you. Would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Being elderly and not able to walk far, and travelling by train, we chose this hotel for its location near the station and in the main street. We were also influenced by a very good deal for 3 nights Dinner, B & B. The food was good if not imaginative. The room and bathroom were clean and quiet, looking on to the garden behind. The staff were smiling and helpful and managed coach parties and private guests efficiently. Dinner was served from 6pm for guests going to the Festival Theatre, as we were. A bus stop right outside enabled us to visit Blair Castle and Kinloch-Rannoch and there is a good taxi service. We were offered a glass of sherry on arrival. We hope to return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple