“Excellent”
Review of Fisher's Hotel

Fisher's Hotel
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 14 September 2013

i stayed here last month, & i couldn't fault it in anyway! The staff were friendly and accommodating and food was excellent, the rooms were clean & the hotel was modern and up to date, the reception staff were very efficient and they give that personal touch on check in! The whisky or Sherry on arrival made a good touch! this is definitely value for money, i Definitely recommend! also with the train station at the rear and the bus stop at the front its handy for those of us who don't drive, or would like a holiday away from driving!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fisher's Hotel

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Having visited this hotel several times, this time I was pleasantly surprised by the refurbishment that had taken place. It was classic, luxurious and still affordable, wonderful staff, very welcoming and the Manager Kieran gave me a warm welcome there was a wee complimentary dram on arrival. My single room 309 was spacious, wonderfully clean and my stay was a pleasand one especially for a single traveller. I happen to notice a very nice function room which was beautifully done in a fine traditional decor, wish I had a function to book! Lastly the food and service of all the staff was amazing.

Room Tip: I was in 309
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Coll03
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Me and my partner are just back from this hotel, and we had an amazing stay. The staff are all so friendly and helpfull. Being from a hotel working backround I feel i can be judgemental, but this.hotel got it right for us. The bedroom we had was a great size (123) double bed and single bed! tea coffee making facilities, hairdryer. The bed was the comfiest bed ever! so much so that we both went for naps in the afternoon (quite sad since we are only 27 & 29). The Kingfisher bar again was great the young girl in there called Aneta (i think, excuse if not) was always running about and busy. Breakfast was good and even with tours in.we in no way felt second best or forgotten. Excellent position in the town centre with its own gate on the train platform. we will 100% be back when we can. well done Fishers. :-)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank FafaMacleod
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Arrived just on off chance of a room for the night and landed lucky as double room was on offer at the reduced price of £79 bed n breakfast. Happy with this we checked in and were immediately offered a complimentary whisky to welcome us by the efficient and pleasant reception staff. Up to our 2nd floor room which was large enough and though not ultra amodern had all we needed and was very clean. Comfy bed and easy to operate telly were pluses. Been in places lately where a degree was required to get the telly on! Menu for dinner could have had more variety and entertainment was definitely aimed at an older clientele. Breakfast was a full cooked scottish( not buffet) tho cereals, croissants etc were available buffet style. Service was professional and polite tho as you would expect in a 300 room hotel did lack the personal touch of smaller hotels. Overall at the price it was value for money

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Billy D
Reviewed 7 September 2013

In spite of having a confirmation from hotels.com that there was internet IN the rooms, I was told smirkily by the front office staff member that I would be lucky to get internet in my room. This isn't usually essential for me, but I had two problems, the first was that I had a meeting the following morning (from midnight to 2.30 am, back in Australia) and needed the internet to load up materials that we were sharing through the meeting. They explained that they have internet in the lobby, but not in many of the rooms. Then I said, can I be moved to a room that does have it? No, because the woman said that, honestly, she didn't know which rooms did and which didn't and I might end up moving to one that didn't. Right. I put some blame with hotels.com, well I did before I realised that Fisher's Hotel also include this information, misleadingly, on their own website. If this were the only thing, annoying as it was to have to sit in the lobby at midnight, then I think I'd understand, but there were so many issues with the place. Look, I get that it's old and cheap, but it wouldn't take them that much to make the place better. It's in a fantastic location, they do have parking, they include breakfast etc. But the bed is uncomfortable and old, the place was summer-time and not that hot outside, but inside the room it was boiling, so I asked again at the front desk if they had a portable fan... to which I got an emphatic no. Which was odd, because the place felt like about 32 or 33 inside (obviously heated up over the day because of the direction it was facing in) and opening the window was important, in order to sleep, which was hard since it faced the train station. I always ask for a quiet room, but you could hear people in the hall all night and in the morning.

The whole experience just wasn't great. Places that mislead like this, well it's really wrong obviously, but it's also really odd. Surely they have to constantly deal with complaints about this? I don't really understand it, but I hope that they adjust the information on their website, I know -having spent the last two weeks complaining to hotels.com about it - that they will be changing the information on their website. I travel half the year, and stay in hundreds of hotel rooms and so I'm not that fussy (check my other reviews), but this place really needs to be better with their service - just at a really basic level, and more accurate with their information. I never complain about a place unless I've talked to the front desk staff about whatever it is I'm complaining about, so I want to reiterate that I complained about these issues and their lack of interest in them was both odd and annoying.

Room Tip: I wish I knew what would have resulted in a better experience. I did ask for a quiet room, I didn...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sandyosullivan
Reviewed 2 September 2013

An ok visit to Fraser's where the price was good as was the room. The downfall for us was the lack of service.
A number of patrons in the Snug Bar got frustrated with the missing barman and even had to go to reception to ask about it. Breakfast was good although again the staff's distant attitude towards customers was very disappointing considering that Pitlochry is a tourist town. The tour buses roll through and it felt we were of no consequence.With a little customer service and some of the staff making a decision to want to be there and work in.... hospitality, this review would have been much better.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eklasse
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Visited with my parents for a couple days away. I got a double room for single occupancy. On the main street in Pitlochry - great for walking the area. Nice free whisky or sherry at check in to welcome you, which was a lovely touch.

Decent clean room with good en-suite shower in a relatively quiet part of the hotel. However, no fan or air con and a heavy duvet on the bed, so found it a bit too hot and uncomfortable to sleep well at night in the summer time. Would have perhaps preferred a thinner summer duvet or layers of sheets and blankets to pick and choose how much you want. Also, there were very rowdy occupants in a nearby room watching the football and the noise carried enough to disturb me. I could even make out the exact swear words the guys were saying!

Breakfast service was good with a half decent selection of food (although the menu did say 'cold meats and cheeses' but I could only ever find the cheeses, but the full Scottish breakfast filled me up enough anyway!). Attentive service in the Snug Bar.

Would most likely stay again if I have the need to stay in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family