“Loved it!”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Arrived in the middle of a snow storm to a lovely warm welcome. Offered a whisky or a sherry on arrival at reception. Check in very quick and easy with a lovely smiling receptionist. Our room was huge, with 2 queen sized beds!
We had dinner in the restaurant, which was delicious. Turkey with all the trimmings seemed very apt with the wintry weather outside. Service was smooth and professional.
Breakfast was cooked to order - much preferable to a self serve buffet, and again the service was impeccable.
Overall a really nice hotel with happy and helpful staff and I am already planning my return trip. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friend's and family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank hks1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We had heard good things about this hotel over the years so decided to eat here on our return visit to Inverness where we had been for the weekend.

Have to say very very disappointed.

Arrived in the lounge bar which was a bit tired and in need of a good hoover.

The menu wasn't very varied for a hotel that size. One of party asked if it were possible to has a salad, and they said that was possible. They asked for it with potatoes. It arrived with chips, it then came back with lukewarm mashed potatoes, 2 slices of ham and lettuce!!! They tried to charge £8.50 for that!!

The rest of us ordered fish and chips which was ok, although I was pretty convinced mine was of the frozen variety as I have seldom seen fish in a kind of triangular shape!!!

I suppose the icing on the cake was when the cup of tea we ordered arrived just as that. A cup, no saucer, no pot, no extra hot water, just a plain cup. Never in any place I have ever been I have seen something so shoddy!!

We complained about the price of the bill especially the salad and it was taken off the bill without a question, I think that tells its own story.

Very, very disappointing experiance and we won't be back!! Can't remember ever saying that in a review before.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank AlanG1967

Travellers are raving about these Pitlochry hotels

Fort william
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Couldnt find our booking on arrival. Not enough parking so parked on the street.Room was cold - lucky i had my hot water bottle with me !! Room drab.Bar meal was nice and good service. Nice breakfast but a very average stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Peebles
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to north Scotland. At check in we were offered a whisky or sherry - very welcome as it was snowing outside. Our room was lovely and had obviously been recently refurbished to a high standard. I understand that the hotel had recently been aquired by new owners and the entire hotel is to be refurbished. The staff were very friendly and the general manager was much in evidence, meeting and greeting.
The weather made us choose to eat in and both the service and the meal were exemplary.
Overall we enjoyed our short stay here and intend to stay here again on our next northern trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roughcrook
Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and been disappointed. When I arrived for a function here I was pleasantly surprised with the very good receptionist who was most efficient and also kindly recommended somewhere to park my car at no cost behind the hotel. My single room was clean and adequate but no more.

I was eating in the function room and I have to admit the food was more than adequate and speaking to fellow guests the feeling was the hotel kitchen had more than risen to the occasion. There was a good choice of wines and all at a very reasonable price. Over the course of the evening the staff were most friendly and helpful.

Breakfast the next morning was very good with the hot dishes well served and very good.

I understand this hotel has recently to new owners and I have to say they appear to be doing a very good job. I would recommend this hotel if you wish to be in the centre of Pitlochry and get Very Good Value for your Money

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rannoch2
Glasgow
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We booked a double room for an overnight stay at Fisher's hotel while visiting the Enchanted Forrest. Unfortunately our double room was very dated and tired looking, the furniture was dark brown wood and bedding a yellow colour, the windows were the old fashioned break your back to pull them up type and the light coloured carpet was covered in dirty marks. The room looked nothing like what was advertised on the hotel website. Once inside the hotel felt and looked like an old folks home. I think the hotel is more suited to seniors and coach trips. Reception staff were friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LEMGlasgow
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I chose Fisher's as there is a family connection.
All the staff were very friendly and went the extra mile to ensure my stay was enjoyable, the manager even showed me around the older part of the hotel!
The whiskey upon check in was a nice touch.
Look forward to coming back to Pitlochry and staying here again!!

• Stayed October 2013