Fisher's Hotel
The Old Mill Inn(Pitlochry)
US$172
Hotels.com
US$208
US$198
  • Breakfast included
The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$113
Priceline
US$392
1,335 results
All reviewswhisky or sherryon arrivalrefurbished roomthe hotel car parkthe main streettrain stationwee drambreakfast was buffet styleevening mealthird floorweekend breakwaiting staffsingle roomlovely touchcouldn't faultbed and breakfastenjoyable stay
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked our 25th wedding anniversary having stayed there before. At first all was well as the staff knew we had booked our special weekend however. Men's urinals along from reception not cleaned for two days. For dinner on our second night we were put next to a coach driver away from the guests. The driver was complaining as he waited 45 minutes for his starter. I had ordered the same and got mine within 5 minutes. Thinking I had won a watch soon changed when I tasted it. Don't order potted haugh revolting. As was the main course, poor quality. No fine dining in this establishment Our Room smelt of paint even with window open overnight. No wifi in room had to sit in reception. Paid over the odds. Reception staff told us about special offers when leaving pity they didn't tell us when we booked. This added insult to injury. Not wishing to make a complaint in front of my wife who had booked this. I work hard and spend a lot of time away from family. This was supposed to be a special time for the two of us. What a disappointment. Will not be back

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank stratus_37
Alan N, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thanks for your recent reveiw and I note we did not do very well with this one.

You made the comment that our potted haugh was revolting . I have to say that this is a very personal opinion as the butcher who supplies us is local and has been awarded many acolades for this particular product however I have shared your comments with both the supplier and our chef.

We never will be a fine dining establishemnt and note you were dissapointed to this effect. We are a good quality 3 star hotel offering great value freshly cooked food.

It clearly states on my website that we offer FREE wifi to all our guests and visitors but this is not guaranteed in our bedrooms but in the public lounges so I am at a loss as to your commets here?

I am so sorry you did not avail when booking one of our special offers which once again are shown on the websitre and can be booked direct

Trip Advisor is a very public arena and sometimes some very unfiar comments are made which I have no hessitation in responding to. We do realy appreciate genuine feedback which is fair and balanced.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here for the Etape Caledonia as it was ideally located - practically at the start line!

A comfortable hotel with good sized rooms, but sadly let down by the food. Dinner was overcooked and dry (it was only pasta and sauce) and breakfast was limited and tables and cutlerly dirty. Not a pleasant experience to be honest, so we ate out in the many fine restaurants Pitlochry has to offer. Thanks to the central location of this hotel, everything was close by.

I think this hotels bills itself as four star, but in reality it is closer to three. Service on reception was excellent and helpful, however the service in the restaurant was as bad as the food.

If you do stay here, don't bother with a package that includes dinner - there are cheaper and much better places nearby to eat.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Hello andy many thanks for your review which i note was following a stay last May. Fishers Hotel is a three star propery and not a 4 star as you claimed we advertise. I have checked through thre majority of third party websites in case an error has been made but am satisfied this is not the case.

We are in a great location for ETAP and once again fully booked for this exciting event which realy makes Pitlochry Buzz.

We have moved a long way on the food front since you last stayed with us and I would be delighted if you did make a revisit to enjoy the improvements in our menus.

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Special offer deal at this hotel which is being totally refurbished as it has been bought over by four businessmen and they are planning to return hotel to its former glory staff all friendly and very helpful my husband is on a gluten free diet and they catered to his every need in a refurbished room very comfy and the food was of a very high standard breakfasts had a great choice entertainment in bar at night and lovely coal fires throughout

Room Tip: Room 109 looked onto gardens lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for such a wonderful review and your positive comments. Fishers staff do try very hard to please and meet our customers expectations. I do hope we can welcome you back sometime soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were a party of 4 staying from the 30th December to the 2nd January,on arrival we were offered a drink and was informed we could have tea, coffee and cake's in the lounge just to help ourselves from 2pm to 5pm.

There was a welcome drink's reception on the first evening for an hour followed by dinner and entertainment.

New year's eve we had a gala dinner a full night's entertainment and at midnight a wonderful firework's display.

I have only praise for the staff and management at Fishers and I will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

We did have a great New Years event at Fishers Hotel and I am delighted you shared this with us. I thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such a positive review which I will gladly share with the team who did work so hard over the week.

Did you manage to get out for the fireworks? I hope so.

Berst Wishes

Reviewed 5 January 2014

2 night break the hotel is a bit worn food average staff good good value for money it needs money spent on upgrading located on main street not much parking tvs in rooms not good reception wfi very poor you have to be in lounge to get a signal we also got in our package free entry to atholll distillery and the sister hotel atholl palace hotel museum would go back only on special deal s not on tariff board prices

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank George L

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to complete a review on Tripadvisor following your 2 night New Year visit.

I am so happy that you found the team to be good as well as our location right on the main street.

I also thank you for pointing out that you revieved good value for money. We are finalising the 18 month renovation of the hotel and the area I recon you refer to as the public lounges are now complete and looking great.

We do have a large car park to the rear of the hotel but like all city centre properties we cant guarantee parking.

I hope you will return for a future visit