“Very mixed experience”
Review of Fisher's Hotel

Fisher's Hotel
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Hotel, that lies right on the main street. The staff is friendly and it was an easy check in. The room was spacy and clean and the rates are actually quite good.
That was the positive side. On the negative side, there was simply a lot of noise from the Street. It was not entirely the fault of the Hotel, but it's situated where many of the bars are and there are plenty of 18-22 yo with nothing to do in the town. So they get really drunk in the weekend and fight in the streets. All night.

We wanted some late evening Sandwich and called the number stated in the room. Or let me re-phrase it, numbers. Because there was numerous information that stated completely different things. At a Hotel, the information must be the same - all over. We did not reach the reception/room service, simply because they did not pick up the phone after trying for 20 minutes.

The breakfast was really not good. Probably the worst I have experienced ever in Scotland. You stand up in line and like some school cafeteria you choose what you want. That meant a lot of waiting time and not least the quality was awful. The worst and cheapest you can get. You could even get deep-fried toast, why not deep-fried Mars bar?
So avoid it the breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street and the breakfast.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kieran W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you for your time in writing a review we appreciate all constructive reviews where relevant. I would like to firstly mention regarding your breakfast. We do operate a buffet service for our busier breakfasts and have found this does work very well, the taste of the product is to an individuals liking and we do offer Fried Bread which is traditionally served with a Scottish breakfast, feed back on our breakfast and service is normally very positive. With regards to your room service we do only have two numbers displayed on our menus and this is generic throughout the hotel however thank you for brining it to our attention that no one answered your call.

There are newer reviews for Fisher's Hotel

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Myself and my husband recently visited the Fishers hotel on a trip to Scotland. The decor of the hotel is lovely, nice sized room and welcoming reception staff. I have to admit we got a good price for the room and lunch was of an ok standard but nothing spectacular. I would stay here again but maybe shop around a little bit more first to see what else the area has to offer, but again, I cant argue with the prices.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write nice comments. It's a great source of encouragement to us all. Our new bar menu is about to be launched and do hope you will come back and try it. We Look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I can honestly say this is the worse afternoon tea I have ever had.

We rang a couple of weeks before we went to book afternoon tea for four. When afternoon tea was ready we were asked if we would like to have it in front of the fire. That was the best thing about it!!

Afternoon tea arrived. The tea was weak and barely hot likewise my husbands coffee. The bread that the sandwiches were made with was dry and the fillings tasteless. As for the dainty scones and clotted cream as advertised on their website,well.....
all I can say is the cream was not clotted but whipped up and the jam was in little pots like you sometimes get at breakfast. The selection of cakes, there was no selection! just fruit cake that was very dry and another fruit cake that looked to be the remains of a Christmas cake.

Afternoon tea is supposed to be a pleasurable experience but this is one experience I will never repeat.

• Stayed: February 2014

I would like to thank you for your time in writing your review. I am saddened on this occasion we did meet your expectations and our general standards of service. If you would like to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate in contacting us directly.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed in PItlochry over the 20th and 21st February. For a change on one of our evenings we decided to try Fishers for our evening meal. What a good decision we made.
The character of the hotel is very much old world, but make no mistake investment has clearly been made to this establishment. The hotel still holds it historical appeal but with modern touches.
The food was excellent which is a credit to the kitchen because during our time there I noted the dining room was full, there was a function on as well in the banqueting room, and I can only imagine that people in the bar were also ordering food.
The quality of the food and the service could not be faulted.
Next time I visit Pitlochry I will make sure I stay at Fishers as it was clear to me that this hotel is trying hard to please it's guests.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter H

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such nice comments. We are glad you enjoyed your meal at fishers It's a great source of encouragement to us all, to hear when we get it right. I have passed on your comments to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just returned from a lovely two night's stay at The Fisher's Hotel Pitlochry. Would highly recommend this hotel, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The food was lovely and very generous portion size, varied menu to suit all. Rooms very spacious, and clean.The snug bar is nice if you would like a quiet night cap. Entertainment in The Kingfisher Bar was excellent both night's. Central location close to all amenities, good selection of shops and cafe's all within easy walking distance from the Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel overlooking the garden are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank goldengirl54

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such nice comments. It's a great source of encouragement to us all, to hear when we get it right. I am glad you enjoyed our entertainment in our public bar we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I had a lovely weekend at the Fisher's Hotel,it was very good value for money and the food was excellent, and the service at dinner was very good, meals were hot and to a good standard, and the staff were very helpful. It was great value for money. It is set in a beautiful location, and very close to the train station.
On arrival there was nobody to show me to my room so got lost - which was not great when you have a heavy case in tow. The room was very nice, although the water was not always very warm, so had a couple luke-warm showers.
I was sharing with a friend, and staff would not let us both have a key, which made things a bit awkward because we were doing different things.
I couldnt find the hairdryer, but overall would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank your for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay. I have passed your comments onto the front of house and housekeeping team regarding your comments. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay over the Valentines weekend. The room was nice, and the meals were excellent. We also found the staff very friendly and help full. We have stayed at the Fishers before on a few occasions, but it has vastly improved over the years. We will most definately return again to this hotel.

Room Tip: A room at the front, or overlooking the railway station would be best.w
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

And still improving. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such nice comments. It's a great source of encouragement to us all, to hear when we get it right. We look forward to welcoming you back!