“Excellent value”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
N Yorkshire
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had a single night's stay over Easter 2014. I paid £39 for a single room but was actually allocated a large double, which was a nice bonus. The welcome from the receptionist was very warm with an offer of a small tipple. Very helpful and accomodating.

The room was very spacious with a very large bathroom, clean and tidy. The bed was very comfortable and I managed a good night's sleep (unusual for me in strange beds!)

There is plenty of car parking to the side of the hotel. I had to leave at 6.30 next morning to drive home so was unable to sample breakfast (my fault not the hotel's) but I had a bar meal in the snug in the evening which was very good. Receptionist very helpful again on checkout.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again if i am ever in the Pitlochry area in the future.

Kieran W, Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words which have been passed onto the team this morning. We are all so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to fishers once again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked this hotel for a long weekend for a party of 30. Everyone was very happy with rooms and meals and had a good time
Some minor problems with heaters and ventilation in bathrooms but nothing that couldnt be fixed
Parking was difficult as here was a wedding on also. More spaces are needed for the disabled.

Room Tip: Most are very spacious
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Kieran W, Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately the hotel does have limited parking however there is disabled parking in the main street, but I am glad this did not dampen your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your party back in the near future.
Fraserburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I paid £74 for two night bed and breakfast in a single room.Fishers Hotel Pitlochry is on the main street and very easy to find. Ample car parking at the side. My room (a single) was a little on the small side but clean, warm and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good and hot. Plenty of choice of both hot and cold items. The music in the bar was a little noisy, but then again it was a bank holiday and a lot of locals were in. Staff were attentive and bar meals excellent. A nice outside area to sit and watch the world go by whilst enjoying a few drinks. All in all a very pleasant experience and I would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Try not to get 215, its beside the lift and you can hear it going up and down. Having said that I di...
Kieran W, Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond on trip advisor with such lovely comments which have been passed onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Hotel is in the centre of town which could be a bonus for some, but parking at the hotel is very limited. Room was much larger than I expected. Well decorated and very clean. Breakfast on the first morning was disappointing, but much better on our second day. We had dinner once on the deal we booked, and food was very good with generous portions.
There are lots of places to eat close by if you don't want to eat in the hotel.
Staff were very polite and friendly. Complementary drink at check in was nice touch.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kieran W, Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your nice comments on trip advisor. I do understand there had been some issues beyond our control on your first breakfast morning, however it is good to see these where rectified by your second morning. Look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Arrived for a 2 night stay at Fishers. First impressions were great, reception staff really friendly and room exceeded our expectations, great size room and lovely decoration. Let down by breakfast on the first morning, were sat at a table with no cutlery and waited 8 minutes for this to arrive, toast station very messy, not very appealing, breakfast was good, perhaps more variety in the cooked area rather than just a fried breakfast I.e Eggs Benedict or omelette? Overall had a lovely stay and would recommend Fishers to other people

• Stayed April 2014
Kieran W, Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately we did have a couple of issues beyond our control on your first mornings breakfast but we are glad these issues where resolved for your second. We hope to see you again soon many thanks
N. Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Our room had all necessary amenities but was very small so a bit cramped. The buffet breakfasts were excellent. The forest and dried fruit with porridge was wonderful. We enjoyed the haggis with breakfast. A nice addition. Our evening meals were very good, potato a bit sparse on our first night, but the other evenings were fine. A good variety to choose from. The food was all very well cooked. The staff were all very helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kieran W, Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Many Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and its good to see you found something you like on our vast breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I arrived early at noon on Monday and explained that I getting the bus to Aberfeldy and walking back to Pitlochry, arriving about 5. Leaving my car in their car park was no problem. When I arrived to check in at 5, I was warmly greeted and given a dram to celebrate. My single room was great, large and comfy and with a big enough shower room for me to stretch out on the floor on the lovely cool tiles to stretch my sore back (this is amazing, most en suites are tiny). My bar meal at night was average but the breakfastin the morning was fab. I'll be back and I will recommend to friends who walk.

Room Tip: Greggs delivery lorry arrives at 5.30, get a room at the back if possible.
Kieran W, Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time in posting your feedback on trip advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.