Fisher's Hotel
Birchwood(Pitlochry)
  • Breakfast included
Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
1,320 results
All reviewswhisky or sherryon arrivalrefurbished roomthe main streetthe hotel car parktrain stationwee drambreakfast was buffet styleevening mealwelcome drinkthird floorcentral locationweekend breakwaiting staffnew ownerssingle roomlovely touch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Friendly and helpful staff at reception and right through hotel----nice touch welcome drink. Not easy to bring old building up to standard but trying hard. Car parking was fine---quite busy in hotel but quite a few guests by coach. Easy to find----central position. Beds--we found--a bit hard but ok for short stay---breakfast fine---could do with being a bit warmer. Good rooms in Hotel to relax--talk--read papers---have coffee------would return.

Room Tip: At rear overlooking garden was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian W, Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear AlexD,

Thank you for your kind and generous review. Our owners have invested significantly over the last 18 months and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to Fishers in the near future

Reviewed 1 May 2014

stayed in this hotel good few times .always get a warm welcome from reception staff also all other staff. great modern rooms great size value for money great cooked breakfast and lots of cerials fresh fruits staff very lovely and fast service .nice cossy bar area will stay at this lovely hotel again would recommend it to others .why not give it a try if your staying over in pitlochry .you no you want to .

Room Tip: nice large clean cosy value for money room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Christine T,

Thank you for your kind and generous review. The genuine warmth and hospitality you mention is great feedback, I have shared your review with my team.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope we can welcome you back to Fishers sometime soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Located in a quaint town of Pitlochry, Fisher's hotel is easy enough to be seen from far when you approach from the south side of the Atholl Road.
The reception counter staff were mainly 'mature' ladies, which i think is an excellent idea, because they are motherly, warm and genuinely caring. Heartfelt.
My room (328 on the uppermost floor) is nice, the bed is comfortable, and there are 3 heaters ! (2 in the suite itself and another in the bathroom) to keep you warm.
I love the view from my room and the sound of passing trains just behind the hotel. Strange but i love it.
The shower is not functioning, but this was mentioned to the maintenance team, and rectified almost immediately.
The breakfast is simple but very delicious..!...i LOVE it. The staff manning the breakfast buffet room are excellent.
Good parking area behind the hotel.

I always make sure every hotel that im staying at, offers a complimentary wifi.
The only downside of this hotel is the internet connection which is almost non-existent in my room. I need it to plan my journeys and travels, as it is my first time driving in a foreign country and traveling from one place to another.
The connection is better in public areas but having a comfortable room with beautiful views, it seems a waste to leave the room to get a connection.

Overall, it is a very good hotel, in my opinion, but due to my need to get connected to the internet during my travel, i wont be staying there again (if im in the area) unless this issue is rectified.
However for those who dont need to get connected to the internet, i really recommend this cosy hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sazz1971

Dear Honest Malaysian,

Many thanks for your review, I will ensure I share it with my team. I'm glad you enjoyed a genuine warm welcome and you enjoyed your stay with us including our breakfast buffet.

WiFi is available in all public areas, however due to the age and structure of the building Wifi is not available in all bedrooms, we are working with our Wifi providor to rectify this.

I hope to welcome you back to Fishers in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had a single night's stay over Easter 2014. I paid £39 for a single room but was actually allocated a large double, which was a nice bonus. The welcome from the receptionist was very warm with an offer of a small tipple. Very helpful and accomodating.

The room was very spacious with a very large bathroom, clean and tidy. The bed was very comfortable and I managed a good night's sleep (unusual for me in strange beds!)

There is plenty of car parking to the side of the hotel. I had to leave at 6.30 next morning to drive home so was unable to sample breakfast (my fault not the hotel's) but I had a bar meal in the snug in the evening which was very good. Receptionist very helpful again on checkout.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again if i am ever in the Pitlochry area in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Kieran W, Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words which have been passed onto the team this morning. We are all so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to fishers once again

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked this hotel for a long weekend for a party of 30. Everyone was very happy with rooms and meals and had a good time
Some minor problems with heaters and ventilation in bathrooms but nothing that couldnt be fixed
Parking was difficult as here was a wedding on also. More spaces are needed for the disabled.

Room Tip: Most are very spacious
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately the hotel does have limited parking however there is disabled parking in the main street, but I am glad this did not dampen your stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your party back in the near future.