“Comfortable”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
England NorthWest
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at the Fisher Hotel on the way up to the Highlands very welcoming with a nip of whiskey on arrival very spacious ,clean room and lovely Dinner no problems will return on our way up to the Highlands again .

1 Thank EWM123
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear EWM123,

Thank you for your review of Fishers Hotel following your recent stay. The nip of whishky is a great way to welcome you to the Perthshire Highlands.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Fishers Hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 15 July 2014

After a long coach journey the coffee and biscuits provided on arrival while our room keys allocated was most welcome. By the time mum and I had finished and made our way to our room, it was to find our cases already outside waiting for us. The duty manger had accompanied us to the room, as we had a query about the height of the beds and how I'd cope, but I need not have worried as the bed was at the right height for me to get on and off the bed without too much hassle - a welcome relief. We were then left to settle in. The managers and receptionists we met were friendly and helpful.

The bedroom was spacious, with patio doors overlooking a small garden and some patio furniture. The room was lovely and clean, with comfortable beds made with lovely clean sheets and duvet covers, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space for our clothes. There were 2 easy chairs and a dining chair - so plenty of choice for seating. The room was nicely decorated and cleaned daily.

There was also a spacious en-suite wet room. There were a couple of minor problems with the wet room in that it was hard to reach the bar on the all to aid getting up from and sitting down on the toilet, or reaching the toilet roll on the same wall especially if, like me you have limited movement in your right arm. It was fortunate that I had my mum to help me. We brought this to the attention of the hotel manager and showed him the difficulties I was having and he promised to look into the repositioning of the bars or the installation of a new bar and toilet roll holder.

The food was well cooked and nicely presented and always arrived piping hot, where necessary - which was lovely. The waiting staff were mainly foreign, but friendly, pleasant, polite and efficient, as were the cleaning staff.

It was easy to walk into Pitlochry and would certainly return for a stay in the future, if given the chance. I would recommend the hotel to others too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Heather A,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Fishers Hotel.
I appreciated the time you took to point out the improvements we could make to our accessible bathrooms to make the facilities more convenient and comfotable your our guests. I have yesterday installed a new bar on the otherside of the toilet.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to Fishers Hotel sometime soon. (When you book please ask for room 2)
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived early, and were kindly shown somewhere to store bags. We then went for a drink at the hotel bar, very nice. We checked in slightly early (with a glass of whisky!) and had a room on the first floor - the communal areas were very clean and clearly recently re-decorated and the room was very clean and well equipped.

We were only staying overnight, and had to leave early but were offered a packed breakfast (which was very kind).

We didn't spend much time there, but the staff were kind and happy, the hotel was close to the centre of town and the room was of a good quality. Would definitely stay there again.

Dear Dave R,

Thank you for your review of Fishers Hotel following your recent stay. I will share your review with my team I'm delighted you found them to be "kind and happy".
I will be delighted to welcome you back to Fishers Hotel sometime soon.
Leuchars, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just returned from 3day break to Fishers Hotel. From the time we walked into reception we were met by very friendly staff, room allocated was lovely,overlooking the garden,the change in the Fishers is lovely since the redecorations. Food was good. Room cleaned every morning as well.
Have no hesitation in recommending for a break away.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the gardens are very quiet at night.
Dear Janice M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Fishers Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your Garden view room. We take great pride in our Gardens, they are a calming spot in the centre of town.
I will be delighted to welcome you back to Fishers Hotel sometime soon.
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had timed our arrival in Pitlochry perfectly to just see the Commonwealth Games Baton Relay pass through. Everyone was out on the pavements, including the hotel staff, some guests and all the shop staff from nearby shops, so a nice bonus to start off our annual stay in Pitlochry.

When we checked in, like last year, there was the offer of a welcome drink - whisky or sherry - a lovely touch. Parking in the hotel car park adjacent to the hotel still remains a bonus - you're central to the whole of Pitlochry, yet no parking charge, and the convenience of not having to walk much.

The hotel is greatly improved in the last few years, and we notice more change each year from what was a little like Fawlty Towers 3/4 years ago. Our rear facing room was great - there is a lift, but it was still quite a trek along corridors, which is a slight problem for me, but I'm reluctant to make my disability force me to request a 'closer to the lift' room, so just toddle on! Blackout linings in the curtains would be preferable, especially at this time of year as the room was bright from about 4am. Also think it would be more helpful to have the notice telling you that if you don't close the bathroom door when having a shower the fire alarms will activate in more languages than just English!! We've twice been staying when the alarms have gone off.

Unfortunately our early Sunday morning was marred by some undesirable guests staying, who started shouting with what sounded like a loud haler from their bedroom window below ours around 7.30am. We later discovered the police had come to the room of one of them in the hotel in the night as he had allegedly damaged property in licensed premises in the town earlier in the evening - not the kind of clientele Fishers needs.

We only ate breakfast both mornings of our overnight stays and it was very good and the service was good too. Reception staff were pleasant too.

This must have been about the 24th time we’ve stayed in Fishers as we visit annually for a theatre trip, and we will be back again next year....hoping no louts will be staying at the same time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear over looking gardens will be quieter...normally, but may mean an extra walk from l...
1 Thank Larsonsmummy
Dear Larsonsmummy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Fishers Hotel and thank you for your loyalty.
I'm delighted you have noticed the improvments we have made and that you have enjoyed your stay. I can assure you that the undesirable guests you mention will not be back.
I will be delighted to welcome you back to Fishers Hotel sometime soon
Struisbaai, South Africa
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We booked two rooms at this hotel and were allocated 321 and 326, both on the third floor. Room 321 was large, airy and light. Room 326 was a hole. There is a reason that attics are used only for storage: they are cramped and dark. When checking out I was asked if I had been happy with my experience and my complaint about the room was met with a shrug.

The larger of the two rooms was very nicely furnished with sufficient space to move around and plenty of lighting for bedtime reading. The attic room had neither, although it did have a lovely view once you looked past the carpark and roofs below.

The staff are very good, although I did find it odd to hear an American visitor being told that there was no oatmeal porridge available, even though it was on the breakfast buffet. Turns out the server didn't speak English.

The breakfast is excellent, really superb scrambled eggs, along with haggis, black pudding and whisky to go with the oatmeal porridge.

No wifi in the rooms, but excellent (free) wifi in the ample and comfortable lounges.

Apparently the hotel computer system cannot print a copy of an invoice - unbelievable in this century.

Room Tip: Don't accept an attic room that costs exactly the same as a decent room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Dalene D,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Fishers Hotel.
Due to the age and structure of the buildings, the size and configuration of the rooms are not uniform, I believe this adds to the character of the hotel.
Our breakfast buffet is the best way to start the day and I am delighted that you enjoyed the scrambled eggs so much.
I hope to welcome you back to Fishers Hotel sometime soon.
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Once we got over the fact that the receptionist struggled to find our booking everything else ran smoothly. The offer of a wee dram or sherry did make the wait a little easier! Our original booking was for a large king size room with seating area and this seemed to get downgraded between the booking and the reminder we had just a couple of days before our stay but it was still a very pleasant room overlooking the gardens. It would have been nice had there been a seating area out there. Breakfast was self service but was one of the better ones with the food fresh and hot. All in all a good place too stay in the centre of Pitlochry and for those arriving by train barely five minutes walk from the railway station.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a better room to look out over the gardens
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill H
Dear Jill H,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and our breakfast sure is the best way to start the day.

I hope to welcome you back to Fishers Hotel sometime soon.