“Lovely room”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Lovely room”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just came back from staying at this hotel,staff very efficient and polite,it was our anniversary and we were given an upgraded room,it was lovely,clean and a huge bay window roon 219.the rooms were cleaned and stocked up daily and faced the back so was lovely and quiet,the hot water didn't run but as soon as we reported it this was rectified immediatly,breakfast was buffet style ,it was fine though a bit cold.all in all a good hotel

Room Tip: Any rooms facing the back,ours 219
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Pammij,

Thank you for your kind review of Fishers Hotel following your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted you enjoyed the upgraded room and a belated happy anniversary.
I hope to welcome you back to Fishers Hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
London
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Fishers is right in the middle of town and its lovely garden backs on to the station, so location-wise you couldn't get any better, especially if you haven't a car.
My single room was good but the mattress was too soft and I had difficulty getting to sleep. Soft, sink-in kind of mattresses are a thing of the past and everyone wants a harder, more supportive place to lay one's weary limbs.
An outdoor eating area, sheltered, well lit and well furnished was a great plus as was the beautiful garden at the back.
For 3 days out of my 5 day stay the lift was out of order, which was good for me but terrible for the elderly and disabled who were constantly having to ask for help. Perhaps 2 lifts might solve the problem, providing a back up if one fails.
Breakfast was great, though waiters rushing around can cramp your breakfast eating style a little. The best was the haggis which was heavenly!
Wi fi didn't work in the room.
The reception staff were excellent and I liked the wee dram upon checking in.
Good place, good ambience - I recommend it!

Room Tip: I liked overlooking the high road but choose your preference.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mark_davie_2000
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear mark_davie_2000,

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay with us at Fishers Hotel.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast and the reception team, along with the dram of whisky on arrival.
Peterhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

stayed this weekend at the hotel. twin room on first appearance lovely until we tried sleeping in the beds. Mattress had seen better days and had a mattress topper which is always a sign of shoring up the underlying mattress. I had no sleep the whole night and having recently had a double hip replacement spent the night in agony due to the lack of support from the mattress.

Breakfast in the morning, although advertised as being busy, was shambolic. No side plates and bowls available, staff had no understanding of English, and we landed up eating our toast on the table cloth.

Could be a good hotel if money was spent on it. At £145 for the night a bit pricey considering the quality of sleep obtained.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as the street at the front very noisy on a Saturday night
3 Thank sandra d
Dear Sandra D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Fishers Hotel. We take all feedback very seriously and constructively and use this feedback to improve our standards of service.
I have received your comments and have shared them with my senior management team to allow us to investigate and make any necessary improvments.
I hope we can welcome you back to Fishers Hotel in the near future.
Germany
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is old and the rooms are in desperate need of a renovation. The lobby and the restaurant breath the air of past centuries, but they are ok. The rooms, however, are in an appaling state, though clean. The fan in the bathroom made more noise than an airplane lifting off and the toilet flush could wake the dead. There was mould on the lamp shade, splashes of undefined nature on the wardrobe and the bed frame-lining was torn. The breakfast was not very appealing and at around 08.30 a.m. many items were out and not replenished.
The location of the hotel is very good, right in the center of town, there is ample parking. Staff is very friendly.
I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank fraugast
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Fraugast,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Fishers Hotel. We take all feddback very seriously and constructively and use this feedback to improve our standards and services.

I have received your comments and have shared them with my senior management team to allow us to investigate and look to make any necessary improvements.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff, I will ensure I pass on your praise to them.

I hope we can welcome you back to Fishers Hotel sometime soon.

Travellers are raving about these Pitlochry hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

A very central location made nearby sites readily accessible. Our room - for 3 nights - was very comfortable. It was a good size and the bathroom had a bath in it. The staff were very attentive. There are various areas within where you can sit & relax. The premises were clean. In my opinion, some areas were a bit "tired" and in need of refurbishment e.g in our bathroom, there was some paint flaking from around the door jamb, there was a loose floor tile and some grouting was missing. However, the hotel does has some character and I would be happy to recommend it.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank KenMahon
Dear KenMahon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Fishers Hotel. I'm delighted you had a comfortable stay and the staff you encountered were very attentive. I will ensure I pass on your praise to them.
I hope we can welcome you back to Fishers Hotel in the near future.
Fife, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on 9th Aug 14. We had booked online and when we arrived showed the receptionist our printed room booking. This however created some sort of amusement for both the ladies. It appeared they had no booking for us which seemed to be hilarious. We asked if there was a problem and were told we shouldn't have booked over the internet but to have phoned them directly. No apology offered. We were however given a complimentary dram in filthy glasses. Thanks. The receptionist found a room for us, room 222. On walking to our room I noticed a lot of protruding, dangerous pipe work which was very unsightly. When we saw our room we were far from impressed. As soon as I opened the door we were hit with the smell of damp. Very small room with a queen size bed. The room had not seen a feather duster or lick of polish in a very long time. The decor was very dated. No bottled water. The skirting boards were falling apart. Very sharp lump in the carpet near window which I hurt my foot on. The door lock was very loose and could easily be forced. There were hairs all over the bathroom. The smell from the kitchen below was stomach churning. The list is endless. I agree with a previous reviewer this hotel is only suitable for elderly coach tours and if it wasn't for the location they probably wouldn't get them either. I am actually quite angry that they are portraying Scotland like this

5 Thank Louise R
Dear Louise R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Fishers Hotel. We take all feedback very seriously and constructively and use this feedback to improve our standards and services.
I have received your comments and have shared them with my senior management team to allow us to investigate and look to make any neccessary improvements. The pipework you noticed is part of an entirely new heating system we are investing in, this is being completed in phases to minimise any impact on guests stay with us, all cosmetic issues will be completed in the final stage.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
perth, western australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We spent two nights in this hotel and found it to be extremely welcoming with staff who went out of their way to be helpful. It is not a chrome and mirrors boutique hotel, but a solid, period place and was everything we expected. Our room had a great shower, which is not always the case, and the room was bright and airy.
On the few occasions where the staff tripped up (having to ask twice for the wine menu; forgetting to bring the coffee) they fell over themselves to correct the oversight and did so with great cheerfulness.
Our welcoming drink (Scotch or sherry) was a bonus and the buffet breakfast was top quality. The big public bar was a bit noisy for us, but sitting outside was relaxing and the small cocktail bar next to the restaurant was lovely
We had with us an 88-year-old lady and she said it was "perfect."
I would recommend this place for anyone as long as they are not expecting a modern, high-gloss place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Lenfindlay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Fishers Hotel.
I'm delighted to reveive such high praise for the team at the hotel. This makes me very proud and I will be sure to share this feedback with them.