“Excellent Food and Service”

Fonab Castle Hotel Brasserie
Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Price range: US$6 - US$52
Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We eat at the Brassiere today have to say was excellent from start to finish I booked my table in January and got a table I requested..Angie looked after us so well from start to finish .Will definite return next visit from London my only negative was really looking forward to the scallops that's advertised on the website but they were not on the menu when we arrived .i did ask ahhh well .

2  Thank IrishDaveLondon

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great service. Good cocktail list, with a helpful staff to help you choose. Food was delicious and plentiful. Nice surroundings will certainly be back as soon as possible.

1  Thank Duth
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a fantastic hotel - great everything....accommodation, food, surroundings, staff, views. 3 nights isn't long enough. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Friends had already been to the brasserie and had thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We went on a Saturday and surprisingly the brasserie was not at all busy. First impressions were very good with the impressive view out over the loch through the all glass windowed walls. However this was all rather spoiled by the attitude of the head waiter/maitre d' who seemed to find looking after us a bit beneath him - it was almost as if we were a bit of a bother to him. Service on the whole was very slow. We ordered our food which duly came but I was unable to start I since the dish for my empty mussel shells and the finger rinsing water came 5 minutes after my mussels thus meaning my lunch had cooled down! Two of our party then ordered desserts which we then had to go and chase up - by this stage there were no serving staff in the room and the chef had already shouted "service" 3 times!!!! Regarding the quality of the food, this was alright but the Croque Madame ordered came looking rather sad in the middle of the plate without a single piece of garnish. For a supposedly 5-star establishment the experience was not one which would encourage me to recommend the brasserie wholeheartedly to anyone. In addition we were aware of at least 2 other sets of customers whose experience of the brasserie left a lot to be desired.

1  Thank MMcL47
GMFonab, General Manager at Fonab Castle Hotel Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I am so sorry that the service you received from my team was of such poor quality. I can assure you that this is not the standard of service that i wish any of my guests to receive and have asked my Food and beverage Manager to carry out refresher training with each of the team.
I am so sorry that your experience marred what should have been an enjoyable lunch. i do hope that should you return to Fonab Castle Hotel that you would allow me to provide you with the experience you desired.

Yours sincerely

Johanne Falconer

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Food was lovely and really well thought out, with seasonality. The restaurant is beautifully appointed beside the lake and damn. Full glass walls/windows along the length of the brasserie means uninterrupted views. The food was lovely and service quick and professional. We have a wonderful, relaxing and luxurious evening.