Craigatin House & Courtyard
The Acarsaid(Pitlochry)
  • Restaurant
Rosemount Hotel(Pitlochry)
1,589 results
All reviewsmartin and andreaapple pancakesb bporridgethe main houseauld smiddycourtyard roomfirst classhigh standardwarm welcomeguest housebreakfast room isboutique hotellovely gardenowners and staffbreakfast was deliciouswithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

An excellent well run hotel with comfy rooms with all the facilities you would hope to find in this grade of hotel. A great breakfast in a lovely garden room, the only weakness was from the waiting staff did not quite match up, maybe they were quite new or just a or a little rusty at the start of the season. But, we would most definitely stay there again in the future, for longer and treat ourselves to a better room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigatinHouse, Owner at Craigatin House & Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Maxine N, Thanks very much indeed for staying with us on your recent trip to Craigatin House, we wished you had been able to stay with us longer too. Very pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you would definitely return. Our current staff have been with us two years and Maggie since the day we bought Craigatin, so we're obviously sorry to hear you found something not to be right during breakfast service. If you were able to share your specific thoughts with us in a direct e-mail, we'd be keen to hear from you as feedback is always key to improvement. Thanks again for choosing us, we do look forward to welcoming you both back. Many thanks and kind regards from Martin & Andrea

Reviewed 11 May 2014

we Kiwis drove into town, unannounced, loved the look of the Craigatin House, wandered in, took a room on the third floor - most comfortable - especially for the considerable age of the old stone house. Warm welcome, excellent advice for walks, drinks & food. Great breakfast & very good service. Too bad we could stay for only one night in April 2014.

Room Tip: they will show you what they have - nice variety - popular so may want to reserve ahead
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigatinHouse, General Manager at Craigatin House & Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Russell K, Many thanks for choosing to stay with us on your recent short Pitlochry visit and for your Tripadvisor review. We are very impressed with your Tripadvisor tally of over 240 cities visited! We wish you could have stayed longer than one night too, do let us know for the next time. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, it was lovely to meet with you both. Very best wishes from Martin & Andrea.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had finished the Rob Roy Way and were a little surprised to find that Craigatin Guest House was a full mile to the North. We trudged past hotels and guest houses on our way to the end.

This large guest house is comfortable, offers reasonable value for money and a good breakfast. Would we return? Not on foot, but we might if we were driving north and wanted somewhere to break our journey.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Glaswegian60, Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post us up a Tripadvisor review, delighted to hear you found your short stay with us to be comfortable and of reasonable value. Sorry to hear you wouldn't consider returning to us on foot having had to trudge past other hotels and guesthouses to get to us. We would have been more than happy to have picked you up from wherever you were to save you a long walk, if you had only called us, maybe something to consider for a possible return visit? At least when you were here, Craigatin is only a short, flat walk into town for all the bars and restaurants! Thanks again for your review Glaswegian60. Best wishes, Martin & Andrea.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

After my stay at Craigatin, it will be very hard to stay anywhere else. period. Nothing will live up to the comfy bed, the beautiful surroundings and the genuine hospitality.
Martin and Andrea, thank you. I can't wait to come back with my husband and our mt. bikes!
Until then...

Room Tip: Room # 7 was fabulous.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello Me_the_bean, Thanks very much for your very kind Craigatin House Tripadvisor review! Andrea and I are very pleased you both enjoyed your stay with us. There are plenty of great mountain bike routes I can tell you about when you return, all of which start right from our front door. Thanks again and very best wishes from Martin & Andrea

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My Wife and I were given this two night stay as a birthday present from my daughter and we are so pleased that she chose Craigatin as our destination. I will write this review as a list of good and bad points.
I will start with the bad points of the Craigatin........................................................?????????????
Right, now that is finished, I will talk about the good points.
On arrival, the overall external layout was very attractive and well looked after. The welcome was lovely and we were quickly in our room. The attention to detail is what impresses right away. The room was spotlessly clean and very cosy. The free wifi is fast throughout the premises. The thing that I look forward to most while staying in a B&B is the breakfast and the Craigatin did not dissapoint me in any way. When I looked at the Trip advisor reviews before leaving home, there were a lot of mentions of the smoked haddock (Arnold Benedict) omelet so I skipped my usual choice of full Scottish and plumped for the "Arnie". To be honest when I saw my wife's plate of full Scottish, I was starting to regret not ordering that myself as it looked very appetising with a perfectly cooked egg and not a spot of grease in sight, however; I was not dissapointed in any way with the Arnie, it really was very tasty and, along with some fresh toast and a lovely cup of tea was a great start to the day. I forgot to mention the extremely well stocked table of fruit, cereals, croissants and fruit juices.
I could go on and on but in summary: If you are looking for somewhere to stay in the Pitlochry area that gives you luxurious surroundings, pleasant staff/owners, a really comfy and cosy bed with a breakfast that is second to none and a relaxing atmosphere then the Craigatin House & Courtyard is the place for you. Don't waste your time looking anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CraigatinHouse, Owner at Craigatin House & Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Don C, Thanks for your very nice review! It was very reassuring you found no bad points and many good points in summarising your stay with us, Delighted to hear the Arnold Bennett omelette hit the right spot with you too! Thanks for the strong personal recommendation we do appreciate it. Best wishes Don C, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards, Martin