“Relaxing”

Cuil-an-Daraich Guest House
Ranked #27 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Needed a relaxing break this was it. The owner Rachael allocated great big room,nice warm and cosy. Bed comfy. Excellent choice at breakfast. Was left in disturbed but the owner was at hand if I needed anything. Perfect relaxation.Thanks Rachael
Beautiful location just watched the river go by!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I submitted the previous review 'bed like a bag of spanners' and following on from this, Rachael, the owner has contacted me directly to apologise for the unsatisfactory stay we recently had. She assures me that she has replaced the bed in the 'purple room' and has offered us a complimentary stay. I intend to take her up on her offer and will be more than happy to submit a further review based on my next stay. hope this review helps potential travellers. :) Its great to hear that our views have been take on board and now dealt with.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank lauraferguson82
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I shall start of with the positives as I believe I am a fairly easy to please individual. The owner, Rachel is welcoming and lovely, the actual building, steeped in history is also pretty impressive and breakfast was more than satisfactory situated in a pleasant conservatory with stunning views. Now to the negatives, if you want a good nights sleep here please avoid 'the purple room'! I booked this property for my partners birthday whilst visiting the enchanted forrest. Not only did the four poster bed squeak beyond belief aka with every turn, the mattress was exceptionally lumpy and the pillows lacked any form of filling to say the least.Both my partner and I struggled so much with the uncomfortable sleep that I had to sleep in the single bed!! Needless to say I dont expect to have to sleep in a seperate bed to my partner when away for a romantic weekend. My mum had stayed in the same room only two nights prior and had warned us to expect such but wondering if she may have been overly critical I chose to make up my own mind. It was a shocking experience one of which I have thankfully never experienced before - I am a frequent traveller with work and have never experienced anything of such poor standard particularly with beds! We did mention the above to Rachel who very surprisingly never offered any form of goodwill gesture, which was disappointing. Had i not prepaid with travel republic i would have refused to pay anything apart from the excellent breakfast! Be warned and if you choose this property either ensure they have replaced their existing beds or pay on departure. Good luck!

Room Tip: Avoid the purple room unless bed has been replaced
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lauraferguson492
Reviewed 20 October 2013

A little run down, but excellent value. We stayed one night in the purple room to get the four poster
It was lovely but the bed squeaks. Full Scottish breakfast is served in a pretty conservatory. A car is essential if staying here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here one night only midweek. The b&b was very comfortable and clean / warm.
Friendly owner.... The logierait inn is a terrific local restaurant within walking distance and we'll worth a visit for dinner.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My daughter was fascinated by the beautiful purple princess room.
The view from the room was absolutely stunning. The location was quite central with access to restaurents and main roads.
It was a wonderful stay and Rachel's service extended to us during our full stay is highly appreciated and comendable

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2013

A very comfortable guest house in a lovely old building. Gret views over the river Tay. Rachael and her lovely son looked after us very well. the rooms were huge and very well appointed with excellent facilities. Breakfast was great!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Faye A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pitlochry
Rosemount Hotel
#11 of 65 in Pitlochry
Red Brolly Inn
Red Brolly Inn
#1 of 1 in Ballinluig

Been to Cuil-an-Daraich Guest House? Share your experiences!