“Nice stay”

Cuil-an-Daraich Guest House
Ranked #32 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here just the one night-be aware that despite the address this place isn't actually in Pitlochry, it's about 4 miles outside it. A taxi will cost you £12.

Room was fine if a little tired. Rachel (proprietor) apologised for the paint smell which was quite strong. We left the window open all evening and night and the fumes were still there in the morning. With hindsight we should have asked for a different room. That said, our room was SPOTLESS and there was tea/coffee available, a hair dryer (handy!) and shower gel. The pressure in the shower wasn't great but the water was hot.

Breakfast (cooked) was ok for me but not to the taste of my cousin. There was a good selection of cereals and yoghurt as well. The breakfast room looks out on a stunning view-it is somewhat spoilt by the old trampoline and compost bin in the garden.

Overall stay was fine-it's an interesting building with decent parking and free wifi.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank keyora

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Cuil-an-Daraich is about 4 miles from Pitlochry, a little off the beaten track, but it is excellent. It is spotless with large comfortable rooms and a good breakfast (piping hot!) Rachel the owner was very helpful and I would definitely stay there again. There is also a local inn which serves food Friday/Sat/Sun, cosy and popular. I thought that this B & B was excellent value. would definitely recommend it. Beautiful views, calm and relaxing.

Room Tip: I stayed in the blue room. Large twin with an en-suite shower room. Spotless.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Needed a relaxing break this was it. The owner Rachael allocated great big room,nice warm and cosy. Bed comfy. Excellent choice at breakfast. Was left in disturbed but the owner was at hand if I needed anything. Perfect relaxation.Thanks Rachael
Beautiful location just watched the river go by!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
uk
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I submitted the previous review 'bed like a bag of spanners' and following on from this, Rachael, the owner has contacted me directly to apologise for the unsatisfactory stay we recently had. She assures me that she has replaced the bed in the 'purple room' and has offered us a complimentary stay. I intend to take her up on her offer and will be more than happy to submit a further review based on my next stay. hope this review helps potential travellers. :) Its great to hear that our views have been take on board and now dealt with.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank lauraferguson82
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I shall start of with the positives as I believe I am a fairly easy to please individual. The owner, Rachel is welcoming and lovely, the actual building, steeped in history is also pretty impressive and breakfast was more than satisfactory situated in a pleasant conservatory with stunning views. Now to the negatives, if you want a good nights sleep here please avoid 'the purple room'! I booked this property for my partners birthday whilst visiting the enchanted forrest. Not only did the four poster bed squeak beyond belief aka with every turn, the mattress was exceptionally lumpy and the pillows lacked any form of filling to say the least.Both my partner and I struggled so much with the uncomfortable sleep that I had to sleep in the single bed!! Needless to say I dont expect to have to sleep in a seperate bed to my partner when away for a romantic weekend. My mum had stayed in the same room only two nights prior and had warned us to expect such but wondering if she may have been overly critical I chose to make up my own mind. It was a shocking experience one of which I have thankfully never experienced before - I am a frequent traveller with work and have never experienced anything of such poor standard particularly with beds! We did mention the above to Rachel who very surprisingly never offered any form of goodwill gesture, which was disappointing. Had i not prepaid with travel republic i would have refused to pay anything apart from the excellent breakfast! Be warned and if you choose this property either ensure they have replaced their existing beds or pay on departure. Good luck!

Room Tip: Avoid the purple room unless bed has been replaced
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lauraferguson492
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

A little run down, but excellent value. We stayed one night in the purple room to get the four poster
It was lovely but the bed squeaks. Full Scottish breakfast is served in a pretty conservatory. A car is essential if staying here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here one night only midweek. The b&b was very comfortable and clean / warm.
Friendly owner.... The logierait inn is a terrific local restaurant within walking distance and we'll worth a visit for dinner.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo