“Fab Valentine Experience”
Review of Moulin Hotel

Moulin Hotel
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I'm sad others haven't enjoyed the experience we had. Staff were very friendly and our room was ready before the check in time. We were offered assistance with our luggage and throughout the weekend we couldn't fault the service we were given.
Our room was comfortable and clean. Only gripe might be about the power of the shower.Food was excellent in the restaraunt and it would have been lovely if the fires in the lounge could have been lit.
The Inn was a great place to try out the local beer and we came home with some to sample further!
The locality is excellent and we had a beautiful day climbing and walking in the snow that is still on the high ground.
We would certainly go back

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 February 2010

I booked this hotel for a romantic valentines weekend with my partner three weeks prior to my arrival. They accepted my booking , took my credit card details and made a reservation for dinner. I phoned to confirm my booking a week before only to be told they had no reservation for me and they were fully booked. The female I spoke to claimed to be the manageress and hung up on me when I asked just how she intended to accomodate me. I called back but to no avail and was met with a couln't care less, take it or leave it attitude. I certainly would never either stay here or recommend it to any one.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spagsStirling
Reviewed 18 January 2010

We arrived Sunday 3rd January for a "winter wearmer five nights for the price of three". The room we were give was on the second floor at the back of the hotel. I did ask about one on the first floor but was advbised the hotel was full. Breakfast was okay but was seved between 8.15am and 9.30am. The residents' lounge was closed and there was no
fire in the residents lounge bar. The only fires were in the pub area. The residents' klounge was op[en on Tuesday, but there was no fireplace and the only heat was from two small radiaters, although a watirtess did bring in a small electric heater.

As the weather was pretty cold, we decided the leave on the Wednesday morning and will certainl;y not be returning to the hotel.

We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts in Pitlochry far superior to this hotel..

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2009

We liked the wonderful fireplace pub, the food & room were great, but THE BREAKFAST & SERVICE WAS EXCEPTIONAL. It was the best we encountered in our 6 days in Scotland.
Ralph & Norma from SK, Canada

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Took my husband to this hotel in August for his birthday we had a lovely meal and chat with very friendly staff. Weekend was ruined by a very rude, nasty and agressive owner who came out of the kitchen and verbally abused us because we had the audacity to come down for breakfast at 9.25am on the Sunday morning and asked if my husbands burnt potato scone could be replaced. We had been told the restaurant was open for breakfast till 9.30am, which normally means you can arrive up until that time. Turns out we were delaying him for a golf game, hence the unashamed. I have never come across such an offensive man before never mind in someone in the hosptality industry. Avoid this hotel like the plague. Shame - the staff could teach him how you should behave with guests as they were all delightful.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Moulin last week and, coupled with some wonderful weather, had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The rooms, although not modern were both spotless and comfortable. The bar meals in the 300 year old Moulin Inn were outstanding as was the "Braveheart" real ale from the hotels own brewery.
A visit toPitlochry is not complete without a visit to the famous Pitlochry Festival theatre. I pre booked dinner at the theatre restaurant on our second night before taking in a wonderful production of "The prime of Miss Jean Brodie." Greatb food and great entertainment - not to be missed!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2009

Went there on recommendation of a friend and found it to be the the perfect place. The location, the rooms and the food were great. Prices were very reasonable as well. The Moulin brewed beers were a delicious bonus.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple