The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Moulin Hotel(Pitlochry)
Pine Trees Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$187
US$173
US$230
Atholl Arms Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$110
Agoda.com
US$305
Travelocity
Dundarach Hotel(Pitlochry)
US$138
All reviewsself driveshearings hotelsscenic viewcoach holidaycaledonian travelshearings breakmanager chrisdining rooma la carte menujacuzzi and saunacoach driverleisure facilitiesfolk singerevening entertainmentsuperior roomhalf boardrestaurant manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Went with bus tour company for a wee short weekend before the Christmas rush. Just what the doctor ordered. Food was great and staff were very helpful and room was fine for a weekend, bathroom could have done with a bit of upgrading though. The Lounge area was very nice and looked as if it had been renovated quite recently. The entertainment was not what we liked but a lot of the others on our bus enjoyed it. I would certainly go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Hi there and thanks for posting a review at this busy time of year. Glad to read all was in order and to read that magical phrase ....' we would come again'.... that's where we want to be with every new customer that comes through our doors.
Thanks again and all the best for 2014.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

me and my wife had a 5 day break 9th 2 13th december had a lovely time we were well looked after the day trips were ok the hotel was fine the staff saw to our every need a mention musrt go to diane and lucy on reception and frank the concierge also to the night porter martin who was very knowledgeable he kept the place spotless keep up the gud work folks also martin remember a broom is not only 4 xmas but 4 life

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparkes22
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Hi there, I love the title of this review. I'm really pleased to read everything was ok and you enjoyed communicating with a few of the staff. Never was truer a word spoken on the broom front. They are for life and the quicker Martin understands that ...the better ! I have told the housekeeper that the same rule applies to her hoovers......that'll save me a few bob !
Thanks again and all the best for 2014
Best regards

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We have just returned from a pre-christmas family break (55th visit for my parents!). We had a wonderful relaxing holiday to recharge the batteries ready for the excesses of Christmas!.The food was to the usual high standard and requests for small changes to our orders were handled with the utmost courtesy. Service in the Restaurant was friendly and very efficient. Great entertainment particularly Trish. Please pass on our thanks to all concerned. Special mention to Elaine and to Chris the Manager. We are looking forward to the next ones!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea L

Hello there and thanks for lovely review....just because you are VIP's does not mean I take your views for granted. You have always been honest with me as the Hotel marches forward year after year and I respect that enormously. I would also like to thank you for the lovely slab of fruit cake you gave me...it was delicious and can I put my order in now for further slabs next year. Yum yum yum......in my tum !
See you next year and enjoy your festivities.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel with friends. The decor was tired and the bedroom was pokey and shabby. Food was mediocre at best and since it appeared within minutes of being ordered it appeared to be ready prepared. Quite nice lounge area and the live entertainment was excellent.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a single room if you want space to move!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Hello there, well I am always going to be disappointed when I see a score of less than 4 stars and I am sorry you felt this way about us. We are always investing in the Hotel and have targeted a number of rooms for 2014.
Hopefully you will give us another chance to impress you at some point in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed at the Pitlochry on sunday 1st December.Room (204) was very shabby.Paint peeling off
bathroom walls,shower had no pressure at all, rubber bath mat was filthy.
Bedroom carpet stained and room needed a good clean.
Public areas are nice and breakfast was served from polite staff
Changing areas in leisure club could do with an upgrade

Room Tip: Do not accept room 204
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 170Nell

Hi, I'm sorry you had a few issues with us on your recent stay. We have tackled the problem in the bathroom during our short close down period and your other points will be discussed with the team at our meeting today.
Thanks for the review