“good food”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Inverness, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Spent the night here on our way home. A very quiet and slightly dated hotel but the staff were excellent and the room was spacious and comfortable, although a lick of paint would not have gone amiss. There was a choice of a 3 course menu at £14.95 or a la carte menu. We opted for the a la carte, it was excellent, as was breakfast the following morning. We would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hello, the Chefs are very pleased you have praised their work and so am I, they work very hard to cater for the numbers that we have in and I record very few negatives. I'm sorry you felt us to be a little dated but glad you felt your room to be both spacious and comfortable. If you do come again we have a number of different room options to select from.
Thanks again for your review, any review that puts a smile on a chefs face is well worth it.....he might even make me a bacon butty this morning !
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Back for our yearly visit to this excellent hotel and as always had a fantastic time, staff very attentive, food very good, The only person missing this weekend was Frank as we missed his banter Looking forward to next year already. Upgraded to Premier room well worth that little extra

Room Tip: scenic rooms well worth the extra
1 Thank DKDKH35
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hi there, thanks very much indeed for a great five star review....very pleased. Well guess who was stood at the doors of our lovely Hotel waiting to greet me this morning........Frank ! Surprise Surprise !! He told me how fantastic he was and how even with a weekend off his name gets a mention on trip advisor ....and all this before I had managed a cup of coffee.
Seriously though, thanks a lot, reviews like yours make a difference.
Birmingham
Reviewed 29 March 2014

First time here, impressed by the high standards of the staff, the reception and facilities even though the sauna/jaquosi were out of action. Our room 222 was very nice only spoilt by a none opening window which meant a lack of fresh air and resulting damp smell.
We were generally very happy with the food, both breakfast and evening meals were of a reasonably high standard, my only complaint was after two days of vegetables being delivered in warm plates day three' s came in a super heated plate and with no warning given was picked up by me burning my fingers, thank goodness for the cold water on the table which saved me from blisters.
So overall an excellent four day break, plenty of free parking, lovely hotel, beautiful town, bargain price. Will we be back? Most certainly

1 Thank Travelinman999
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Hello there, well I was horrified to read that we could have injured you and I wish you had said something. I can promise you that I will be having a wee meeting with the staff before service this evening and will remind them to think twice before dropping of hot plates and dishes at the table. On a far more positive note than causing pain to our customers I am glad everything else was to your satisfaction. You mentioned food and value for money as positives which is great.
Apologies for the problems in Leisure......I'm afraid the elements went pop as someone over watered them and typically the spa then decided it was going to go on strike too. Parts have been ordered and I am sorry you didn't benefit from them this particular week.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel 2 weeks ago on a shearings holiday . Friendly staff always very welcoming. Only lityle complaint was there was dust onthe wall above the bed , and cobwebs in the corner which we reported and not cleaned . We stayed in room 224 . But it did not take anything away from the holiday hence the 5/5 rating . Would come back again

1 Thank graham h
Hi there, I really appreciate your score considering there was a wee issue in the room. I'm delighted you found us all to be a friendly bunch which I think is generally the case....I suppose all of us have the occasional wobble but mostly we are focussed on making sure your holiday goes well and you return again and again.
Thanks so much and we will look forward to your next visit.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a 5day break at Pitlochry Hydro.10 to 14 March. We travelled with Shearings, and have had an excellent value for money holiday. The standards in the hotel are first class.
All the staff were pleasant and helpful.nothing was ever too much trouble to any of them.
Our single rooms were spacious and comfortable,cleaned every day,towels changed when requested.
The menu choice for breakfast and evening meal is excellent with a good choice and always presented well,on hot plates.
Being a Scot now living south of the border, I must mention the haggis served when I visited. It was cooked to perfection so compliments to the chef and also to Frank for his we'll run restaurant. Restaurant staff were always pleasant and helpful,and don't rush you .
The scenery in and around the Hydro is spectacular.
We took advantage of the coach trips . Our main driver was Geoff. What a character, but very knowledgable on the area and makes the trips out interesting and enjoyable. Please pass this information to him.
Chris we had a perfect holiday and will come back and visit again .
Thank you . M. Britton

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank meg100314
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hello there, I love the title of this review and the fact that in the first paragraph you mention value for money and first class standards.
We are all delighted that you speak well of your accommodation, the service and quality of food and of course, our lovely staff.
Taking the time to post reviews such as yours makes such a difference to morale and when that's high everyone's a winner.
Thanks again and hopefully see you again.
scotland
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Just home after an amazing weekend in Pitlochry,
The Hotel was great - staff were excellent - especially Frank who looks after everyone so well in the restaurant - and kept us all entertained with his jokes & the Friday Night Quiz !
All the staff were polite & helpful - nothing was too much trouble.
The bedrooms were very comfortable,& spacious
Leisure facilities were good - we had a fantastic time and would recommend this hotel to our friends & family.
My sincere thanks to everyone concerned.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hi there and thanks for posting our third five star review on the trot..... very pleasing. I note you were pleased with all the different departments you came into contact with and I appreciate you saying so. I think the Talent Scouts will be here soon to check on Frank ....I just hope he remembers me when he's rich and famous.
Your comments are very welcome and the team are delighted.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband and myself just returned on friday from a 5 day break with shearings and have nothing but compliments from the lovely room to the tasty food to the friendly staff for whom nothing was too much trouble! The only downside to the break was having to witness some guests having nothing better to do than complain about non existant problems-im suprised nobody blamed the manager for the one day we had rain-more power to chris for his patience and politeness!!! Well done to all the staff and thanks.

• Stayed March 2014
Hello and thanks for the post......it made us all chuckle. I am famous round these parts for having plenty of patience but every now and then I lose the plot for a little while and throw a wee wobbler. Over the years you develop a thick skin and learn to recognise genuine problems from .....shall we say....imagined ones!
I hope to see you up here again at some point and hopefully next time I wont be dealing with the missing tea spoon drama or the slow flushing toilet mystery.......