1,094 results
All reviews self drive shearings hotels scenic view shearings holiday dining room leisure facilities jacuzzi and sauna folk singer a la carte menu coach driver superior room evening entertainment half board restaurant manager meal times coach party set menu
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food and lovely staff, clean rooms and big for a single. Comfortable and very close to the centre. Great wine list with monthly wine of the season, very reasonable. There’s a pool with a jacuzzi. And there was entertainment. Well worth it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi, brilliant review and thanks a million. Words like these inspire us all. The team will be delighted to read this, they always read customer reviews and they comment and chatter about them as they come on to duty.
Thanks a lot.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a mountain view room which was large and light. Hotel is a little dated but we really enjoyed the stay especially as we could eat in the bar with the pooch. Smoked salmon starter and steak was delish.
location was excellent 5 mins walk to the town .
All reception and bar staff fabulous.
Would stay again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi, thanks for a great five star post. Our kitchen team will be delighted with your comments on their food as will the other departments you have complemented.
Thanks and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went through caladonion travel I requested A disabled room with a shower when booking with caladonion now they gave me a room with a bath I could not used. I asked when booking with caladonion for ground didn’t need to be a double it could of been twin. How they expected someone disabled to get in a bath is unbelievable I couldn’t I felt discriminated against by staff that weren’t helpful even now there not interested in the fact my holiday was ruined Definitely not disabled friendly. I came home in tears. From this weekend away how they expected me to use a bath is still baffling me

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank shelleymtyy

Hi, I think we have answered this issue already in a previous post.
Again, sorry things were not to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is quite old fashioned in many ways but a lot of the rooms, including ours, have been refurbished to a very high standard.
The restaurant offers an excellent range of food both a breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
PitlochryHydro, General Manager at The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, great review but I would use the term 'Traditional' rather than 'Old Fashioned' simply because in many respects we have lots of modern touches and services that are very much up to date. The building is certainly very old and we look after it as well as we can, yesterdays stormy weather showed it can withstand the elements.
Thanks a lot, your comments are most welcome.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was obviously once a great spa hotel. Now it is crumbling and trying to keep up an image that it just cannot carry any more.

It is of course nice to have an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna but the efforts should be spend at upgrading the rooms rather than pretending this is some sort of fancy spa.

The bar could be a nice place to relax but looks too cooperate, not really in style with this hotel and there are far too many seats crammed in there that are anyway empty. Fewer seats and some nice decorations could make this a welcoming and cosy place.

The breakfast buffet is okay but nothing to write home about.

Would I be coming again? - Probably not. I would try something else in the same price bracket although it is not bad value for money.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hendrik N

Hi, not quite managed to wow you but thanks for noting that we provided good value.
In some ways your headline is a compliment because we try every day to push our service and comfort standards to meet and exceed customer expectation.