I've just read an article on East Haugh House in the Weekend section of the Daily Mail under the heading Romantic weekend break.It advertises the hotel as a 'cosy 16th century hotel nestling in woodland on the Atholl Estate in Perthshire.' It does not mention the fact that the main view from the hotel is that of the A9, a busy trunk road!
Earlier this month we stayed for one night at East Haugh House. The staff were amenable, both dinner and breakfast were delicious and our bedroom was quite quirky. We were on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast deal and hadn't read the small print on the second page of our booking form until it was pointed out to me when I came to pay on departure. This informed us that the dinner part of the deal was only up to the sum of £20. I was under the mistaken impression therefore that a 3 course dinner was included in the deal. I think this should be pointed out to unsuspecting punters who take advantage of this offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Haugh House is a 4 star luxury boutique hotel based in Pitlochry, Perthshire just 1 hour from Edinburgh and 2 hours from Glasgow. Built originally as part of the Atholl Estate some 350 years ago, this family run hotel is a beautiful, turreted stone house situated off the old A9 road with beautiful woodland walks and easy access to Pitlochry. With 12 individually designed bedrooms, including three deluxe four-poster rooms (one with its own fireplace) and whirlpool bathrooms, along with a private Victorian Gate Lodge, East Haugh House is hailed as one of Scotland’s “hidden gems” with the “best food in the area”. We have a bar and a restaurant where our extensive a la carte menu is served. Be it for romance, culinary indulgence, fishing, shooting, hunting, golf, a wedding to truly remember or simply to escape the stresses of everyday life, use our access to the estates and rivers of Perthshire for a unique getaway in the Scottish highlands. We have access to some of the very best fishing on the river Tay and river Tummel and can book salmon fishing days enabling you to (hopefully!) catch that fish of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your East Haugh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Haugh House Hotel Pitlochry
- East Haugh Hotel
- East Haugh Pitlochry
- East Haugh House Pitlochry, Scotland