Unexpectedly found ourselves in the Pitlocry area on a bank holiday weekend on Sunday with no reservations for accommodations or dinner. It was 9pm and we had three cranky hungry car-bound kids. THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO FIND GREATNESS!!! A kind hotelier seeing our plight recommended this little hotel tucked out of town, we were skeptical of its merits but desperate, since everything was sold out. We were AMAZED d by the charm and grace of the sisters who run of East Haugh who despite a slammed weekend for the award winning restaurant showed us into the two adjoining just right, micro sized attic rooms which were so well appointed, romantic, fun and creative. The building a beautiful little stone gem, the bar perfect for a nip, the grounds were covered in wild tulips and the food is Simply OUTSTANDING. Breakfast was romantic and one of the best breakfasts we have run across. Both the food and the accommodations were priced well and we thank them for their hospitality. Only blip we had was trying to shower five people in this little house after the huge flow holiday dinner service. Hot water was understandably not happening for long, but had loads of it in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Haugh House is a 4 star luxury boutique hotel based in Pitlochry, Perthshire just 1 hour from Edinburgh and 2 hours from Glasgow. Built originally as part of the Atholl Estate some 350 years ago, this family run hotel is a beautiful, turreted stone house situated off the old A9 road with beautiful woodland walks and easy access to Pitlochry. With 12 individually designed bedrooms, including three deluxe four-poster rooms (one with its own fireplace) and whirlpool bathrooms, along with a private Victorian Gate Lodge, East Haugh House is hailed as one of Scotland’s “hidden gems” with the “best food in the area”. We have a bar and a restaurant where our extensive a la carte menu is served. Be it for romance, culinary indulgence, fishing, shooting, hunting, golf, a wedding to truly remember or simply to escape the stresses of everyday life, use our access to the estates and rivers of Perthshire for a unique getaway in the Scottish highlands. We have access to some of the very best fishing on the river Tay and river Tummel and can book salmon fishing days enabling you to (hopefully!) catch that fish of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your East Haugh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Haugh House Hotel Pitlochry
- East Haugh Hotel
- East Haugh Pitlochry
- East Haugh House Pitlochry, Scotland