“Perfection!”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My cousin and I spent 3 nights in this lovely Scottish hotel, which was so delightful in every way that we tried to arrange another night but, unfortunately, it was fully booked. Beautiful location, clean very comfortable and welcoming, with amazing food and excellent service provided by everyone on the staff. In fact, when our taxi (to the theatre) failed to arrive, and almost before we realised we had a problem, the owner of the hotel had noticed and 'phoned the taxi office, confirmed that there had been a mix-up and insisted that she would drive us in to the theatre herself! How kind and thoughtful was that? Above and beyond... would you agree?

Brilliant experience, highly recommended and we will certainly be back.

Olive Beaton, Edinburgh and Margaret Smith, Glamis

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
EastHaughHouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at East Haugh House, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Hello ladies..

I remember you both so well, such lovely positive woman an made me laugh everyday! Im so glad you had a great time and we could accommodate you.

I hope to see you again soon

Sophie McGown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
Bowmore, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel is still living on the back of it's past reputation which was good and one of the reasons why we made a dinner reservation for 3 last Saturday during our brief stay in the area. However ....very disappointing.

Having booked dinner..we were ushered to the bar area..not a good start. There is nothing quite like a prawn cocktail..when a little passion is evidenced in its preparation...not on this occasion. When one orders " whole tail scampi " with no mention of " breaded " on the menu, one does not expect to be served breaded scampi and well done chips in such an establishment. Guess what was served !. At least I enjoyed the wine and the owner/manager had the good sense to take the scampi dish off our bill.

I hate complaining...as a family we were looking forward to an enjoyable dinner together (which does not happen very often)....that was why it was so disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear James s

Many thanks for all you comments , we take them very seriously and I will pass on to our chef that you did not enjoy your meal. I'm glad it was resolved by a member of staff taking what you did not enjoy off your bill and apologising on behalf of the kitchen. We do not always have enough room for people to sit in the lounge or at the bar on a busy Saturday night , this meaning we do have to sit people straight at the table, some restaurant will have you waiting by the door till your table is ready. We have an outstanding reputation for our food and service and a mortals we do not always get it right, that's why its so great that people like yourselves bring it to our attention so we can make it better.
I do hope you will return again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms for 1 night dinner, bed and breakfast. Cosy and welcoming, this wonderful country hotel had the feel of a B and B with all the luxury of a 5* hotel. Dinner was fantastic with impeccable service. The four poster bedroom was a special treat for a special anniversary.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Chris 77 w

Many thanks for such lovely comments,! I'm so glad you had a lovely stay.

many thanks and see you soon

Haddenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

If this is a taste of Scotland, hand me the bagpipes.... I'm convinced! What a fantastic welcome, felt so good after a tiring journey, made it so worthwhile. What a gorgeous bedroom, while I relaxed in a fabulous jacuzzi bath my partner explored the bar for a well deserved dram. The fishing and shooting had been arranged for the next few days and the staff were SO knowledgeable, he was impressed (not easy!). I had wondered whether I would be bored over the weekend while he was busy hunter gathering but no, there are fantastic walks and... The House of Bruar, loved it. My second favourite pastime after shopping is eating, the food is beyond compare, they even cooked and prepared my hunter gatherer's 'bag', he was utterly over the moon! cannot recommend this place enough, the attention to detail, unequalled!

Room Tip: The four poster called Dusty Millar, thinking of it as my room because we'll be back, might let...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Ros W

You just keep on giving us these glowing reviews! we should put you on the pay roll..... We are very happy that you had another wonderful holiday here at East Haugh and hope to see you again soon.

Nairn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Was our second time staying at East Haugh House, a fantastic property with plenty of character! We booked Dinner, Bed & Breakfast as it was cheaper than the Bed & Breakfast deal we had the first time. The receptionist checked with us if we would like dinner, I tried to chance my lunch and get a reduction for not having dinner but now luck... worth a try though. But we decided to go and eat at Fern Cottage which was again our 2nd time there too and was amazing once more. One day we will eat at East Haugh I promise. I do like the hotel and for the price is its very nice, however there are some things that I noticed. The Jacuzzi bath was not properly cleaned for our arrival. There was water lines plus old water still in the system from the last user/users. The four poster bed frame is in need of some TLC. There are parts missing and some scrapes and chips. The telephone in our room never worked but we had no need to use it (Sorry forgot to tell reception this too). The bedside lamps weren't plugged in and under the bed was a very old and slightly melted 4 way adaptor that my girlfriend asked me to remove as she didn't feel comfortable to sleep with under our bed (I am sorry I forgot to tell the receptionist this before departure as well but I'm sure the housekeeper seen it). Another thing which isn't anyone’s fault but my own, the first time we stayed we have a DVD player in the bedroom, the hotel have changed all their TV's to a hotel system and now don't have a DVD player in the rooms. I had made a birthday presentation for my girlfriend to play on the TV... but as I said my fault for not checking ahead.
The last thing was the hot water in the morning; we got up for breakfast at 9am. We ran the shower for over 10 minutes at least and it was just lukewarm even with pushing the override button on the shower thermostat. But having worked in an old hotel before I know that this can happen after every man and his dog has a bath or shower in the morning.

Oh and I asked the hotel to find these chocolates my girlfriend likes for our arrival, they went out of their way into town to find them. Little things like that make your stay. Thank you to whoever done that for me.

I will be back to stay again without thought and highly recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Trapotkin

Many thanks for telling us all about these issues, i only wish you could have aid something on departure to our reservation team or manger and we could have compensated you. We take complaints and anything not right in a bedroom very seriously so thank yo for bringing it to our attention on TripAdvisor. I hop your girlfriend enjoyed her chocolates....

many thanks and see you again soon

Sheering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife and i were on a fishing holiday and stayed 7days.The food is delicious the service excellent.There is a scottish fishing theme throughout the hotel the owner lives on site and locals drink in the bar all plus points.this is a gem not to be missed and is excellent value for money.some people commented that the noise of the A9 could be heard i didnt notice it the local "wine " helped

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
HI Michael m

Again thank you for commenting that the A9 is not noticeable, yes I'm sure that the wine will have helped a little, but you really cant hear it. We are so glad you had a lovely stay and enjoyed the food so much, all the more reason to pop back and see us again to do some more fishing, we had 3 Salmon yesterday so that might entice you !!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Booked this hotel very last minute to enjoy 2 shows at the Pitlochry Festival Theatre. The hotel is on the outskirts of town, enjoying a peaceful wooded location. However it does overlook the busy duel carriageway (which I initially thought would be noisy at night time). We stayed in the Katy Dee room in the courtyard and was pleasantly surprised to find that the traffic in no way interrupted a peaceful nights sleep- even with the window open!
The room was very clean and a lovely big bed! The décor is traditional and quite unique- wallpaper and fabrics to make you stop and look!
We ate in the hotel restaurant on both evenings- staff were very courteous and attentive and the food-DELICIOUS! We ate in both the bar and in the restaurant- same menu served in both.
Would highly recommend this hotel as a base for visitors- to stay a while or to enjoy a special meal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Veronica134

Many thanks for your review. I'm so glad you were not disturbed by the A9, we only wish we could pick it up and move it a few miles along, but sadly no can do, but you right you really cant here it when you are here. Thank you for letting is know you enjoyed your meal so much and your over all stay.

We hope to see you soon