My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and from the second we turned into the carpark we liked the look of the place.. We were greeted and made so welcome it was hard to believe we weren't related!
Its not a 5 star ultra modern hussle bustle type hotel but a warm and charming one with character. Sophie and her staff are lovely and made sure our visit was 1st class. Our room was lovely with proseco and chocolates along with the usual tea and coffee facilities and a jucuzzi bath in the bathroom next door..
We ate in the hotel that night and were treated to some deliscious and superbly presented food. Breakfast was what you'd expect but the food on the plate just looked so good. No grease or runny egg here.
It is just out of the town and a taxi was around £5 and was only 2 or 3 mins long which was not a problem. Town was a bit dead but it was a Tues night we went in so to be expected.
I would definately stay here again if in the area.. Perfect for what we wanted.. A relaxing time with no hassle or drama..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Haugh House is a 4 star luxury boutique hotel based in Pitlochry, Perthshire just 1 hour from Edinburgh and 2 hours from Glasgow. Built originally as part of the Atholl Estate some 350 years ago, this family run hotel is a beautiful, turreted stone house situated off the old A9 road with beautiful woodland walks and easy access to Pitlochry. With 12 individually designed bedrooms, including three deluxe four-poster rooms (one with its own fireplace) and whirlpool bathrooms, along with a private Victorian Gate Lodge, East Haugh House is hailed as one of Scotland’s “hidden gems” with the “best food in the area”. We have a bar and a restaurant where our extensive a la carte menu is served. Be it for romance, culinary indulgence, fishing, shooting, hunting, golf, a wedding to truly remember or simply to escape the stresses of everyday life, use our access to the estates and rivers of Perthshire for a unique getaway in the Scottish highlands. We have access to some of the very best fishing on the river Tay and river Tummel and can book salmon fishing days enabling you to (hopefully!) catch that fish of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your East Haugh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Haugh House Hotel Pitlochry
- East Haugh Hotel
- East Haugh Pitlochry
- East Haugh House Pitlochry, Scotland