My girlfriend and I recently spent a week driving around Scotland and this was one of our favorite places to stay. The owner, Leslie, greeted us upon revival with the warmest welcome - she was very friendly & chatty and made us feel like friends. We enjoyed our drinks on the front patio with a great view of the hills. The other staff was very friendly, particularly the waitresses who genuinely seemed interested in making sure we were comfortable during our stay.
The room was great -- very spacious, clean & charming. My girlfriend loved taking a bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub.
Its in a great location to get to Pitlochry -- some may complain its too close to the highway but we slept with the windows open (facing the highway) and slept like babies. You're quite a distance from the road to be disturbed.
The only thing to bring up that I thought was odd: we were asked when we wanted to eat dinner, either in the restaurant or bar. The restaurant is more upscale (and better lit) than the darker, bar (although still nice). We said the restaurant & came down for dinner at the given time. The staff was not in the restaurant so we sat ourselves. We were then told by a waitress that she had set a table for us in the bar. We asked if we could stay in the restaurant, we didnt want to eat in the bar -- we were then given menus & told we could order in the bar where a table was set for us. My GF and I both looked at each other puzzled --- for some reason, they wanted us out of the restaurant. When we went to the bar, we saw other guests sitting there --- the only thing I can assume is that the bar is for hotel guests, the restaurant is for locals. I found this disappointing. If you're paying for a room, you could at least be allowed to eat in the restaurant.
Not a huge deal, we still enjoyed the food and the East Haugh House overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Haugh House is a 4 star luxury boutique hotel based in Pitlochry, Perthshire just 1 hour from Edinburgh and 2 hours from Glasgow. Built originally as part of the Atholl Estate some 350 years ago, this family run hotel is a beautiful, turreted stone house situated off the old A9 road with beautiful woodland walks and easy access to Pitlochry. With 12 individually designed bedrooms, including three deluxe four-poster rooms (one with its own fireplace) and whirlpool bathrooms, along with a private Victorian Gate Lodge, East Haugh House is hailed as one of Scotland’s “hidden gems” with the “best food in the area”. We have a bar and a restaurant where our extensive a la carte menu is served. Be it for romance, culinary indulgence, fishing, shooting, hunting, golf, a wedding to truly remember or simply to escape the stresses of everyday life, use our access to the estates and rivers of Perthshire for a unique getaway in the Scottish highlands. We have access to some of the very best fishing on the river Tay and river Tummel and can book salmon fishing days enabling you to (hopefully!) catch that fish of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your East Haugh House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Haugh House Hotel Pitlochry
- East Haugh Hotel
- East Haugh Pitlochry
- East Haugh House Pitlochry, Scotland