“Can't be faulted”

Ranked #16 of 66 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Northumberland
“Can't be faulted”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed here for one night en route for Skye, arriving after a frustrating drive. After showing me my room Struan offered a much needed pot of tea in the lounge (complete with piece of fudge :)) which was really reviving and gave me my second wind to explore the town (which is just 2 mins from the house) I had the smallest room, - small but perfectly formed, and with a lovely big shower room with good power shower. Bed was super comfy, and you can adjust the heating to suit your requirements. An excellent night's sleep was followed by breakfast - the renowned porridge with cream and wee dram lived up to expectations, but plenty of choice if you don't want this, and followed by full scottish breakfast. Louise and Struan make sure their guests are comfortable and want for nothing - the bonuses are a lovely setting, and you may be lucky enough to see the resident red squirrel from your breakfast table.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
StruanL, Owner at Torrdarach House, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Hello Bluespecs. Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Torrdarach House. Delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself and that you liked Room 4. Despite being our smallest room it is definitely one of my favourites. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Skye. Thanks again, Struan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed here for just one night, but would have loved to have had the time to stay for longer. It is a stunning house with a huge forest like garden. The room was gorgeous and had everything you would expect of a 4*hotel. Breakfast was the highlight, with many cooked and continental options available, all served in a stunning breakfast room that appeared to be suspended over woods below! Struan and Louise, the owners, are incredibly welcoming and accomodating and I would highly recommend Torrdarach House to anyone.

StruanL, Owner at Torrdarach House, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Hi Nickyedi. Thanks for the great review and the recommendation. I'm delighted you enjoyed yourselves. Hope the rest of your trip went well. Thanks again,Struan.
Aberdeen
Reviewed 11 September 2012

stayed for 3 nights. We have toured Scotland for 20 years and stayed in many guest houses in Pitlochry but this is by far the best. It is a lovely house, clean and comfortable.Sruan and Louise were wonderful caring hosts and the lovely fresh products used at breakfast time were excellent.Nice to have home made yoghurt/marmalade etc.Lovely setting and the garden is lovely, managed to see a red squirrel!!The lovely roomy lounge was comfotable.Will certainly be back and would highly recommend

StruanL, Owner at Torrdarach House, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Hi Bester29. Thanks for the great review! Best B&B in 20 years! That's what we like to hear. It was a pleasure meeting you both and we look forward to a return visit. Thanks again, Struan
Scottish Highlands
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I had believed that I had written a review for my brief stay at Torrdarach shortly after my visit but I now realise that 11 months have passed and it seems I have not. How fortunate then that my stay was memorable!

My first impressions of Torrdarach were how accommodating the owners were as I had arrived quite late in the evening but was warmly welcomed and offered a drink in the lounge which just hit the spot!

My room was beautiful, decorated in a fresh, contemporary style with subtle touches of modern tweeds here and there. In fact, throughout the decor is very tasteful and there is a sense of understated quality. The bed was extremely comfortable so I recall enjoying a wonderful night's sleep. And in the morning it was lovely opening the curtains to view the gardens and glimpses of the Perthshire hills beyond.

Breakfast was also delicious and, since my visit, I can see that a wonderful conservatory style breakfast room has been added - just one more reason to hurry back!

Thank you for a very comfortable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
StruanL, Owner at Torrdarach House, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Hello hills-of-heather. Wow. Thanks for making the effort to write a review 11 months on. It is much appreciated. Very happy you seemed to enjoy stay and you will definitely need to come back and try out the new breakfast room. We love it and it's proving very popular with our guests as well. Thanks again, Struan.
Edinburgh
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Louise and Struan were perfect hosts and couldn't have been more helpful. Louise provided us with tea and coffee when we arrived. Decaffeinated coffee was also available which was just great for me.

We stayed in the Bothy which is a small building very close to the main house. It was wonderful. The bedroom and bathroom are furnished to a high standard. There was complimentary tea and coffee. There was also a hairdryer and a diffuser!! (I've never seen one in a hotel or B&B before)

The communal lounge in the main house was again tastefully furnished and again complimentary tea and coffee were available.

The breakfast was great and lasted us all day.

We would highly recommend this B&B.

StruanL, Owner at Torrdarach House, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Hi Lesley. Thanks for the review. Delighted you liked Torrdarach House and the Bothy. You are the first to mention the hairdryer diffuser! See you next time. Thanks again, Struan
Amsterdam
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We have stayed in many nice places in Scotland, but in our opinion Torrdarach House offers the best value for money. This really feels like five star luxury, combined with the authenticity and kindness that only a British B&B can offer. Owners have invested greatly to perfect the house and garden. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
StruanL, Owner at Torrdarach House, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Hi daan-1879. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and very happy that you thought we represented good value. It was a pleasure having stay at Torrdarach House and hopefully we will see you again sometime. Thanks for the review, Struan
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Beautiful room with great view. Reception, sitting room and breakfast area also delightful. Hosts friendly and helpful, even carried our bags in for us. We watched a red squirrel just outside the conservatory while having breakfast. In a peaceful part of Pitlochry while at the same time only a short distance to some good bars and restaurants. Would definately recommend to our friends and would love to stay again. Knocks the socks off other B&Bs we have stayed in (and I love that picture in the reception hallway).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple