“Flawless”

and 1 more site!
Craigroyston House and Lodge
Ranked #12 of 65 Pitlochry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Craigroyston House is, quite simply, the most beautiful guest house my husband and I have ever stayed in. We were impressed with very large, and well kept garden, and equally impressed with the roaring log fire upon arrival! The central location (2mins from tourist info!) was perfect, yet far away enough from the main street to get a great sleep. The room, (room 4) had a 4-poster bed, with very tasteful décor and classy furniture. It was extremely romantic! Breakfast was topclass, and, again, stunning dining room. Our favourite part of Craigroyston were the hosts, Douglas and Gretta Maxwell. They went out of their way to make our stay as memorable as possible, and gave honest, and invaluable advice about what to see and where to eat in Pitlochry. We can’t wait to return!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Craigroyston House and Lodge

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We booked 2nights B&B and on arrival were so pleased with the central location. The house itself it off the main st so its nice and quiet but has a path from the front garden leading down to the main st which is so handy. Our room was lovely and spacious and very clean. The view from the front window is fantastic. We took time to sit by the log fire in the lounge and read some of the books and magazines which was very cosy and relaxing. Breakfast in the dining room was well laid out and catered for all tastes. We did think the cooked breakfast was a little lacking as we were surprised there was no black pudding or potato scone on offer and we would have like more than 1 slice of toast each and enough in the pots for 2 cups of coffee but saying that we were comfortably full. The owners and all staff were very friendly and welcoming and we would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room as has great views
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Have just spent two nights with friends here. The rooms were very comfortable, warm, and nicely furnished. We have paid more previously in Pitlochry for inferior accommodation. The owners and staff were very friendly indeed. The breakfast was very good, with a good choice, (one small criticism here for the porridge though!) As others have pointed out the location is perfect, two minutes walk from the main street. We visit Pitlochry a couple of times a year and will certainly make Craigroyston our first choice in future.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My wife, daughter and I made a trip to Pitlochry to see the Enchanted Forest attraction in October. Little did we realise, our hotel would be equally enchanting as the forest.
We received a very warm welcome on our arrival, which was ideal as it was crisp and cold outside so the coal burning on the fire and the immaculate cosy furnishings were warmly received.
Upon entering our room we were suprised by how spacious, clean, and neatly presented it was. Well equipped with all the usual hotel commodities, and with a view from the front window which was breathtaking. When our daughter took her nap in the afternoon we were able to sit downstairs in the lounge, by the fire and relax with our feet up on the comfortable sofa enjoying the view. So thoughtful were the owners that they closed to door to the lounge, allowing us some "peace and quiet", whilst our daughter napped; which wasn't all that necessary as everything about the house spoke "peace and quiet".
Breakfast was delicious, generous and yet again the staff were very accommodating by providing us with a high chair for our daughter .
Parking was ample for our needs, though I would be wary of trying to venture in with a large 4x4 as you might find yourself in a bit of a squeeze. However, I stand to be corrected.
After check out we were allowed to continue to make use of the hotel parking as we took a wander into town to do some shopping, the convenience of which is incredible as all the parking we could find in Pitlochry (on previous visits) was pay and display, and the hotel is perfectly situated meaning a 2 minute walk puts you on the main street of Pitlochry.
Final point I would raise is that we booked with laterooms.com who had overcharged us a price which we were happy with as this seemed to be the going rate in Pitlochry; however the owner took a moment to explain that we had been quoted an excess amount and that they would not be taking that from us; a very important reflection of the honest attitude of the hotel management. Thank you Craigroyston House for making our visit into an incredible stay in Pitlochry. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I have been visiting for almost 20 years now. With another couple my husband and I visited many Guest Houses in the area and when it was my turn to book Craigroyston won hands down. About 15 years ago when my best friend was widowed I thought she would appreciate it too. We have since then visited twice a year taking in the full theatre programme and enjoying the ambience which Gretta and Douglas never fail to provide. They must constantly be redecorating and renewing furniture and fittings because the house is tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. There is a very good breakfast menu and food is beautifully cooked. We never want to leave and can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: I don't think any of the rooms would be a disappointment.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2012

A home from home. Cosy,comfortable and clean. The hosts were friendly and welcoming. The book I left behind was posted promptly. I loved the little dish of sweets at the door!
Beds were so comfortable and the breakfast was more than substantial.

Room Tip: I was in room 7 but I bet they're all good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My friend and I had booked the Enchanted Forest experience on what proved to be an exceptionally cold night. Craigroyston House was just what we needed. The house could not be more comfortable, from the living rooms roaring fire, to the central heating making our room toasty warm. The beds were extremely comfortable, the en-suite was large and pristine. The breakfast the following morning, was scrumptious and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I'm a bit of a dizzy dame and I left my bag behind, with all my credit cards, money and mobile phone in it. I contacted Craigroyston who were happy to post it without charging me postage,even though I insisted and the bag arrive the following morning, Now! How is that for service. I liked the fact that, although it wasn't on the main road, this could easily be accessed by going through the garden. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Hotel it ticked all the boxes and if I'm ever in that part of the country again thats where I will be staying.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room with a bay window and views over the hills, we loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends