“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is the second time my husband and I have been to this place, we had not been for 2 years. Before we went I read some of the reviews , to be honest I was a bit put off going due to some of the reviews. However we did go and were not dissappointed. There was a lunch time menu with a good choice of food and a good price. We sat inside were it was nice and cosy. The staff were friendly , good service, it is worth a visit. After we sat outside in the beer garden.

2  Thank juliannamarrone
There are newer reviews for Port-na-Craig Inn

Reviewed 6 August 2014

One of my favourite spots in Scotland, well worth the 2hr drive.

I've eaten here on several occasions over the past couple of years and the food has always been delicious! (the black pudding and goats cheese and the profiteroles are particular favourites of mine). The staff are always so friendly.

Loved the food so much that my partner and I decided to treat ourselves to a weekend away in April - definitely a wise choice. The rooms are decorated with impeccable taste. Extremely comfortable beds and lovely bathroom. Great base for exploring Perthshire's nature and escaping the granite city!

Can't sing my praises for Port-Na-Craig enough, without a doubt we'll be back for more R&R!

3  Thank SUPERFOODIE101
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This restaurant is set next to the Festival Theatre beside the river and thus partakes of the splendor or the location. It is also well-appointed, especially the interior glassed in courtyard, where we had lunch. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. The best part, however, is the charming proprietor, Angela, who has apparently limitless time to chat with the guests and make their visits memorable. Make a point of eating here if you're in Pitlochry.

3  Thank rovinglawyer
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A homely restaurant, with fishing rods adorning the ceiling. My ribeye steak was juicy although my rare was more like medium. My wife's bacon-wrapped chicken breast (free range) was dry (despite the bacon!) so she had to borrow my steak sauce. However, the staff were very friendly, the house wine was good, so it made for a nice evening.

1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great food and wine. Not Cheap but you get what you pay for. Try the confie duck. Also great in the afternoon for a beer and a snack by the river.

1  Thank Gordon T