“Disappointing!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 54 Restaurants in Pitlochry
Price range: US$30 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend visited here as we were passing through the area. The atmosphere as we went in was dry! Staff could have been a lot more friendly. The food was disappointing aswell! Also I didn't like that it was delivered on a plastic trolley! Would definitely not visit here again!

Fife
“Rude manager and food could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The manager here was abrupt and rude. We were a party of 5 and they sat us at a table for 4 with one on the end, left a chair but never bothered to give us extra cutlery or a napkin. When the starters were finished they brought the main course out before they had even cleared the plates away. Felt rushed. They also brought out 4 dishes for each course when there were 5 of us, why not just wait for all the dishes and bring them out together at the same time? I was shocked about the price, really odd system of having to go to the counter with your table number to pay, not having the bill brought to the table. There was no table number on the table either, the rude man shouted it at us. The curries could have done with more kick to them too. Also we had ordered lamb but were given lamb tikka at extra cost, not what we wanted as lamb tikka tends to be tougher.
Will not be rushing back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Royal Oak, Tetbury
“Pleasant restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you are fussy about Indian food, this may not be the restaurant for you. Being a Glaswegian we are used to the best Indian and Bangladesh restaurants. The prawn masala was too sweet for my palate. Very pleasant staff and worth a visit if you want a change.

Visited July 2014
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

No atmosphere and food debris all over the floor, should have left at this point . Vegetable samosa starter was cold I told waiter who just asked if I wanted another which I didn't he didn't even offer to take it off bill. I ordered chicken korma which was do sweet it could have been a dessert, the rice was served on a small silver dish that meant it spilled all over the table when you dished it up . The garlic naan was put on a dusty shelf above us amongst wooden animal figures as the table was so small it wouldn't fit . I was unhappy they didn't offer to take the cold starter off the bill. I'm spoiled being from a city with excellent Indian restaurants but this is not authentic it's utterly vile and the filthy old squeaky trollies they serve food on are shameful . Don't waste your money dining here .

• Visited July 2014
Paisley, United Kingdom
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Really enjoyed our Indian last night. I had the chicken chasni and hubby had lamb korma and both were lovely. Also, the pilau rice and the peshwari naan were delicious. Not only that, but we were given free poppadoms, spicy onions, mango chutney and a minty dip! Will be going back tomorrow, when my brother and sis in law come to visit tomorrow.

Visited July 2014