“Good B&G near Glasgow airport””
Review of Ardgowan House

Ardgowan House
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Paisley
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I stay here for business purposes as it is very closed to the airport and to my customer. I specially recommend the en-suite room, at number 94, Townhouse, which is very nice and quite.
Good breakfast.

Room Tip: en-suite room, at number 94, Townhouse
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Thierry M
Ardgowan H, Owner at Ardgowan House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Many thanks for your review and I hope to see you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Hotel is in a good location to buses,trains and shopping. Staff went above and behond with accommodation for my family in the summer (2012). My family has stayed at the Ardgowan for a couple of years while visiting family in Paisley. Rooms are spacious and cleaned every day.
Breakfast nice and warm. Nice welcome from all staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine H

Thanks for taking the time to review us, it is much appreciated and it is so good to see you have visited more than once. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Well, how do I start.
I stayed at all like 38 nights there over a period of a year.
First week was in en-suite room, which was very nice.
Then the others it was a single bed room, with bathrooms on the hallway, and a sink in the room.

The room was getting cleared every day, fresh towels every day, and the breakfast was really nice. Sorts of cereal boxes, and if i wanted i got a fresh scottish breakfast , scrambled eggs, toast, or anything breakfast related.

The bathrooms with the showers were clean to, they were cleaned every day.

I had no problems at all with locking the doors or with the tv like in the previous reviews.

Staff was/is really friendly, no complains about that.

The only thing i want to critisize is that the bed was quite hard, so that mattress not really thick.
But that wasnt a proper problem.

At all I would recommend this B&B since its nicely located (bus stop not even 1 min walk) and paysley town centre near.

Greeting from Germany :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacob K

Thanks for your review and your kind comments.
Apologies for the mattress feeling hard to you, if you are with us again please feel free any time to
bring anything to our attention that you feel isn`t quite right and we will do our best to rectify the problem.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I was here for the first three weeks in Glasgow.I stayed here before I move to permanent accomodation. What I can say about this place is just average.the cost is not really worth compared to the quality that you get.luckily the company pays for my stay.

The room can be cold sometimes at night, not sure the heating system works well to heat the whole room.the breakfast is ok..sometimes it is just boring to eat same stuff everyday, not much varieties though.remote control for tv could not work from a distance, have to come near the tv to make it work. room is cleaned everyday, towels are changed everyday. No toiletries are provided.the location very near to Paisley town center, about 10 mins walk to Paisley Gilmour st train station.there is frequent Mcgills bus 26 direct to Glasgow and 101 to Braehead shopping center go along Renfrew Road. very near to the airport, can take MCgills bus no 66 in front of Gilmour st train station.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Many thanks for leaving us a review. I am sorry to hear that you felt cold in your room. The houses have the heating on in them every day.
Our breakfast is always commented on as being so good so I am disappointed to learn that you didn`t enjoy it too much. We have a full cooked Scottish Breakfast, toast, variety of cereals and fruit juice, in our experience we find that all hotels/guest houses provide the same breakfast selection every morning but if any of our guests wish anything different then if they tell us we will do our best to source what they would prefer.
Thanks again for leaving us your comments.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

The hotel is in a perfect location for golfers. 5 min walk to Old Course. the staf (Leah bartender and "Ohio St" other bartender) were great and took our gourp of 8 guys in stride. Definatly would stay here again next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2011

having viewed the Ardgowan on its website we decided that it looked very nice and would book..thank heaven we had only booked for one night, we were shown to a poky room at the top of the building, with a basic shower unit (the sort i had in my first flat 25 years ago), the carpet was heavily stained, the furniture again basic, we were unable to lock the door when leaving the room to go out for the evening, the only good part was the cooked breakfast, we didn't try the cereal selection as this was in large boxes and we didn't know how long they had been opened. one other thing annoyed me... i have stayed in many hotels and guesthouses and have never been charged for using my debit card (my credit card yes), however i was informed that it is customary to be charged for using a debit card, as i was tired from a long train journey i couldnt be bothered to wander back into town and find a cashpoint so i paid the extra... not right at all in my opinion.. overall a very unpleasant stay and i will not be returning

Room Tip: a tip????? find somewhere else
Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lilger
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We have stayed at this hotel before. as always the service was excellent. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Breakfast is very good. we are vegetarian and and this was not a problem to this hotel. i would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Watermill Hotel
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport

Been to Ardgowan House? Share your experiences!