“Recently Refurbished and Comfortable Rooms”
Review of Abbey Inn

Abbey Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Paisley B&B and Inns
Bury St Edmunds
“Recently Refurbished and Comfortable Rooms”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Abbey Inn was a very enjoyable stay and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. I arrived very early - like 9.30am in the morning early. I had a cooked breakfast and asked if I could possibly check it prior to the 12pm check in time. They asked my name and checked which room I was in and cleaned my room first and allowed me to go to my room at 10.30am! They searched Google for me and also called me a taxi throughout my stay - what amazing service!

I was pleasantly surprised by the room - I was in Room 1 and although it was on the small side for a double room, it was perfect for me as I was staying alone. The room was light and bright, fresh in appearance, very clean, the bedding was soft and the duvet was thick and cosy. There are long thick curtains also which will be of benefit to those who may need a lie in the night after!

The bathroom has 2 windows with lots of light and air and the shower was nice and hot with good pressure. The room was very cold in the morning when I woke up but I should have turned the radiator on and once I did this, the room warmed up quickly.

The breakfast on the second morning was a bit of a disaster to be honest - I think something was happening in the kitchen -chef not turn up or a staff illness perhaps, as the previous days breakfast was gorgeous - fast service, soft fried eggs, nicely toasted toast, nice presentation etc. This morning the wait was twice the previous day and the quality was not great (broken rock hard fried egg, dark toast, no butter) and I saw customers getting up to ask for things. I felt sorry for the Glaswegian guy working as he seemed to be working alone.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay at the Abbey Inn. They are a friendly bunch with a good standard of rooms on offer with (when it goes well) a good cooked breakfast and food offering also.

Thanks Abbey Inn - I will be back again.

Room Tip: Turn the heating on when you go to bed! Bring ear plugs if a light sleeper as some rooms are on the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MrEDiner
Abbey567, Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are happy you will be coming back again and that you found the service of a high quality. We aim to ensure that every customer feels looked after. I sincerely apologies for your experience at breakfast, and thank you for your constructive feedback. I will look into this matter to understand what went wrong that morning. I am glad however it has not put you off returning and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a reasonably good menu which caters for all tastes. Its food good , staff friendly, layout of dining area and bar well set out. It is certantly worth a visit when ever in paisley or surrounding areas.

• Stayed June 2013
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for your delightful review and we look forward to you returning very soon.

Newcastle
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for a weekend Fri/Sat nights and got a double onsuite for £55 p/night very reasonable but knowing it was above a Pub was not expecting too much and did expect to hear noise as it was a weekend. The room I had (Rm1) best in the Pub, very comfortable,Clean and above what i was expecting for the price paid. There was a little noise (but not from the Pub) as this closed at 12 but few customers after 11pm, the noise was from the road, but this was acceptable. The staff were great, very helpful and breakfast was very good. I had a meal here on the 1st day and the choice was above standards for a pub (well done to chef) and the full Scottish breakfast each morning set you up for the day.. The location of the pub is easily accessible and three minutes to the town centre. I walked in and it was 20-25mins away so no complaints and YES I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Hotel only has 2 double and two twin on-suite rooms Rm numbers 1-4, the other rooms have a shar...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ewanmichelle
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for your review. Myself and the Team are delighted with your positive comments and look forward to your returning in the future.

Brighton
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I booked this place on my way back home from a road-trip through the Highlands. I did not expect much as I booked a twin room for £25 (laterooms), but was very surprised when I arrived. Rooms are spacious and well decorated, and we were provided with a great breakfast in the morning, all included in the room price. There is also free internet and lots of parking space.
The staff were also very friendly - we were chatting for a while at the bar when we arrived, and made felt very welcome.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone travelling in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for a delightful review and look forward to you returning in the future.

Oban
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here last night, in preparation for a shopping trip. What a lovely establishment! Really good value for money -£40 for a twin room, including breakfast. The room was very well appointed and clean. The beds comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant, again great value-2 courses for £8. We slept very well, no noise. Breakfast was excellent with a good range offered. Free wifi was available in the bar area. We will certainly use this hotel again as a very affordable place to stay for Glasgow expeditions.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Winsford,Cheshire, UK
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Booked for four nights to attend family funeral. Allocated room 12 which is next to the shared toilet and across from the shared shower room. Checked in early afternoon on the 19th and was requested full payment. Returned 10pm and was greeted by a customer in the bar area cursing and swearing and the fire door to the bedroom area jammed open with a towel. This remained open up until I checked out. Spent a very sleepless night due to trouble in the bar, traffic noise and the residents back and to to the loo and shower room and then wakened shortly after five am by doors banging and conversations in the corridor. Unable to use the shower as left in no fit state and the smell of drains. After speaking with staff I discovered that all the rooms in that corridor were occupied by workmen and this was the first time the room had been allocated to a general visitor. Checked out before ten am on the 20th and was advised that since they wouldn't be able to sell the room for that night a refund would only be paid for the 21st and 22nd. The only positive was the lovely lady serving a very nice breakfast. The fact there is no member of staff on the premises overnight you are unable to have any problems resolved when needed. When I mentioned this I was told this was the reason the premises did not have hotel status.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not have a room to the front of the building
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Moira C
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
It's very disappointing to receive a comment like this. We work hard to offer a good standard of accommodation and I will be investigating the concerns you have raised. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
stoke on trent
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed in this inn for 2 nights in December 2012.Theres no point in trying to sleep before 1am,The floors are so creaky you can hear every step through the whole of the upper floor.And then you get woken up at 6am onwards by people getting out of bed as the floor creaks as soon as you make contact,,2nd night i gave up trying to sleep at 4am got up and left..

Room Tip: No good rooms here all upper floor creaks.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank marknjacky
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
I am very sorry you didnt enjoy your stay. We will take on board your comments. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paisley
Ashtree House Hotel
Travelodge Glasgow Airport
Normandy Hotel
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew

Been to Abbey Inn? Share your experiences!