“My stay at the Abbey Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Abbey Inn

Abbey Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Paisley B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“My stay at the Abbey Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I recently had a long stay in this very welcoming Inn. Jilly was exceptional in her service. She absolutely bent over backwards to make me feel welcome. 100 percent I will be returning their. The food was good and my room was comfortable. I really recommend this Inn for a visit if you are staying anywhere in Paisley/Renfrew. All the staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank moragaberdeen
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review. We are all delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Barrow in Furness
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I went to stay at the Abbey after a bad experience in another hotel in Paisley and I found a gem. The rooms are clean and comfy not posh but basic, the staff are excellent very helpful and always willing to assist with everything. The meals at the Abbey are good and they always tried to cater for any special meal needs.
This hotel is a good economic hotel with exceptional staff.

Room Tip: Room 7 is at the top of the stairs the staff use and it can be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rosemarybuzzacott05
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you returning in the future.

Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I booked my room in the Abbey Inn last minute as I was heading to the Student's Union for a night out and as I travel to uni, live to far away for proper night out and didn't want to be the one that left early.

On arrival I was confused by the checking in at the bar area but it was a nice bar indeed. Staff were first class and showed me to my room and everything.

The room it's self was a bit shabby but I have stayed in worse for more money. So very happy with it when really all it was for a night.

Breakfast was amazing! And my tea was included!

Can't get over that I managed to get a bed for the night, a full breakfast and a tea for only £20. Could have not been better.

Definitely will be back

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We are currently updating the rooms so the next time you visit you will see an improvement.

Bury St Edmunds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Abbey Inn was a very enjoyable stay and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. I arrived very early - like 9.30am in the morning early. I had a cooked breakfast and asked if I could possibly check it prior to the 12pm check in time. They asked my name and checked which room I was in and cleaned my room first and allowed me to go to my room at 10.30am! They searched Google for me and also called me a taxi throughout my stay - what amazing service!

I was pleasantly surprised by the room - I was in Room 1 and although it was on the small side for a double room, it was perfect for me as I was staying alone. The room was light and bright, fresh in appearance, very clean, the bedding was soft and the duvet was thick and cosy. There are long thick curtains also which will be of benefit to those who may need a lie in the night after!

The bathroom has 2 windows with lots of light and air and the shower was nice and hot with good pressure. The room was very cold in the morning when I woke up but I should have turned the radiator on and once I did this, the room warmed up quickly.

The breakfast on the second morning was a bit of a disaster to be honest - I think something was happening in the kitchen -chef not turn up or a staff illness perhaps, as the previous days breakfast was gorgeous - fast service, soft fried eggs, nicely toasted toast, nice presentation etc. This morning the wait was twice the previous day and the quality was not great (broken rock hard fried egg, dark toast, no butter) and I saw customers getting up to ask for things. I felt sorry for the Glaswegian guy working as he seemed to be working alone.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay at the Abbey Inn. They are a friendly bunch with a good standard of rooms on offer with (when it goes well) a good cooked breakfast and food offering also.

Thanks Abbey Inn - I will be back again.

Room Tip: Turn the heating on when you go to bed! Bring ear plugs if a light sleeper as some rooms are on the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MrEDiner
Abbey567, Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are happy you will be coming back again and that you found the service of a high quality. We aim to ensure that every customer feels looked after. I sincerely apologies for your experience at breakfast, and thank you for your constructive feedback. I will look into this matter to understand what went wrong that morning. I am glad however it has not put you off returning and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a reasonably good menu which caters for all tastes. Its food good , staff friendly, layout of dining area and bar well set out. It is certantly worth a visit when ever in paisley or surrounding areas.

• Stayed June 2013
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for your delightful review and we look forward to you returning very soon.

Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for a weekend Fri/Sat nights and got a double onsuite for £55 p/night very reasonable but knowing it was above a Pub was not expecting too much and did expect to hear noise as it was a weekend. The room I had (Rm1) best in the Pub, very comfortable,Clean and above what i was expecting for the price paid. There was a little noise (but not from the Pub) as this closed at 12 but few customers after 11pm, the noise was from the road, but this was acceptable. The staff were great, very helpful and breakfast was very good. I had a meal here on the 1st day and the choice was above standards for a pub (well done to chef) and the full Scottish breakfast each morning set you up for the day.. The location of the pub is easily accessible and three minutes to the town centre. I walked in and it was 20-25mins away so no complaints and YES I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Hotel only has 2 double and two twin on-suite rooms Rm numbers 1-4, the other rooms have a shar...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ewanmichelle
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for your review. Myself and the Team are delighted with your positive comments and look forward to your returning in the future.

Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I booked this place on my way back home from a road-trip through the Highlands. I did not expect much as I booked a twin room for £25 (laterooms), but was very surprised when I arrived. Rooms are spacious and well decorated, and we were provided with a great breakfast in the morning, all included in the room price. There is also free internet and lots of parking space.
The staff were also very friendly - we were chatting for a while at the bar when we arrived, and made felt very welcome.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone travelling in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Abbey567, General Manager at Abbey Inn, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for a delightful review and look forward to you returning in the future.